Week 6: Dallas Cowboys vs NY Jets

Bobby816

We’re getting some of our players back for this one in Darnold, Herndon, Copeland and maybe others. So atleast we might be competitive. Problem is is that Dallas is just an inferior team. They’re getting Smith back at LT and Collins is a go at RT. I think there OL dominates us and they run all over us and Dak has all day to throw. What I’ll be watching more of it to see anything positive on offense. Bc that hasn’t happen yet through 4 whole weeks.

• Like 1

The Cowboys are a more complete team. At full strength, I think we keep it close but lose. If we get Mosley back, I think the game gets interesting. 

Current spread of -7 seems about right though.

I think our offense will look much better with Darnold back and our defense will hold up well like they’ve mostly have all year.

Ill be doing the same. Mostly watching how Darnold plays, how Gase calls plays, etc. On defense, I’ll continue to mostly be watching Q. 

4 hours ago, Bobby816 said:

We’re getting some of our players back for this one in Darnold, Herndon, Copeland and maybe others. So atleast we might be competitive. Problem is is that Dallas is just an inferior team. They’re getting Smith back at LT and Collins is a go at RT. I think there OL dominates us and they run all over us and Dak has all day to throw. What I’ll be watching more of it to see anything positive on offense. Bc that hasn’t happen yet through 4 whole weeks.

The offensive is what I want to see also, this will be a huge test for the offensive. After four game in which there has been no offensive at all. To me I don't care whether we play Dallas or Miami. I just want to see the offensive score points. The O line MUST protect Darnold, and that is a MUST. The right side of our O line has been a disaster this year.

2 hours ago, ekill08x said:

I hope Douglas blows this thing up. Get competition for Herndon next year too. You can’t be suspended 4 games for being an idiot off the field and then hurt yourself running routes. That tells me he’s not in shape and that’s unacceptable. 

Happens to so many guys when they can't be with the team.  Revis did it when the held out that year.

It's just going to be one of those seasons.  Only thing we have to look forward to is Sam doing his thing and proving to everyone he is the QB to build around.  If that happens this season is a great success and we can knowingly go in next season with an upgrade OL and a chance to compete.

2 hours ago, ekill08x said:

Mosley doubtful as well and doesn’t sound like he’s even close to returning. Nightmare season. 

They said the opposite, the injury is worse than expected. But he is close to practicing.  A groin injury can linger, he won't return until its 100% so he won't reinjure it.

Herndon getting injured is just our luck

5 hours ago, Rockice_8 said:

Happens to so many guys when they can't be with the team.  Revis did it when the held out that year.

It's just going to be one of those seasons.  Only thing we have to look forward to is Sam doing his thing and proving to everyone he is the QB to build around.  If that happens this season is a great success and we can knowingly go in next season with an upgrade OL and a chance to compete.

In theory you’re absolutely correct. But he still has a poor OL, no TE and below average WRs. He can’t make wine out of water. He has Bell and that’s it.

1 hour ago, KingOfTheDot said:

NFL should let guys who are suspended be around the team. Herndon went too hard and got hurt. Sucks for us. We needed him to come back.

His suspension has actually allowed him to be with the team; he's just not allowed to partake in "football activities"... from what I understand, he's been a regular there. Just sounds like a freak accident - what else is new. 

I don't think the Jets will win this week, but expecting a close game. I actually think our big upset victory will come against the Pats next week. 

• Like 1