Week 6: Dallas Cowboys vs NY Jets

Bobby816

9 minutes ago, mattmanz91 said:

I didn't realize Hairston was banged up. He needs to play if healthy because Tru looks awful out there. 

Completely agree. Harriston was out last game too but Gase said the plan was to start Tru regardless which I can't understand for the life of me. 

16 hours ago, NYJets4716 said:

Watching Darnold again, man hes special. The guy just knows where the rush is coming from and throws with incredible touch. 

I'm standing by my "Darnold is the best QB from the 2018 draft class". Long term he is going to prove it.   We had the worst offense in football without Darnold, put him in and now our offense looks legit. Anderson breaking free, Crowder near 100 yards both games with Darnold. Thomas made plays.  

Real QBs make players around them better, Darnold does that. 

Just watched every throw. He has the stuff that can’t be taught, you just naturally have it or you don’t. 

We need to invest heavily in protecting and building around him 

22 minutes ago, GangGreen420 said:

Just watched every throw. He has the stuff that can’t be taught, you just naturally have it or you don’t. 

We need to invest heavily in protecting and building around him 

Obviously not as talented but watching him throw off platform it’s almost reminiscent of Rodgers and Mahomes. He had one to Crowder when he torques his body right and throws left. It was insane. 

• Like 1

Foley Fatukasi has been a pleasant surprise in the past 3 games, but yesterday was by far his most impactful. It's easy to forget about him since he was a late draft pick who didn't play last year, but he has talent. His athletic profile indicates someone with high upside (70th percentile SPARQ score), has position versatility, and showed yesterday that he can play on 3 downs. 

4 hours ago, jetskid007 said:

Foley Fatukasi has been a pleasant surprise in the past 3 games, but yesterday was by far his most impactful. It's easy to forget about him since he was a late draft pick who didn't play last year, but he has talent. His athletic profile indicates someone with high upside (70th percentile SPARQ score), has position versatility, and showed yesterday that he can play on 3 downs. 

Not to discredit Macc like I do so often but I think Fatukasi was a Bowles pick all the way. When they do the press conference after you can tell you wanted the guy more than the other. Bowles spoke highly of him. But not in the context he spoke of other draftees.

Similar to Rex talking up Quinton Coples while Tannenbaum was quiet and then Tannenbaum lauding Stephen Hill and Rex saying “I didn’t pick the kid”

Either way those are the kind of players you hope to hit on in the 7th round.

8 hours ago, KingOfTheDot said:

Not to discredit Macc like I do so often but I think Fatukasi was a Bowles pick all the way. When they do the press conference after you can tell you wanted the guy more than the other. Bowles spoke highly of him. But not in the context he spoke of other draftees.

Similar to Rex talking up Quinton Coples while Tannenbaum was quiet and then Tannenbaum lauding Stephen Hill and Rex saying “I didn’t pick the kid”

Either way those are the kind of players you hope to hit on in the 7th round.

I don’t doubt it. Maccagnan usually allowed his coaching staff to have a say in personnel decisions. He had final say, but it was kind of a “compromise” approach. For instance, it’s well known that Crowder, Mosley were Gase guys. Blake Cashman is rumored to be a Gregg Williams pick. I had heard about Chuma Edoga being linked to the Jets very early in the process, and believe it or not, a lot of that had to do with Sam going to bat for him. 

Maccagnan’s problem wasn’t a desire for power; he was very good at trying to collaborate, unlike Idzik before him. His biggest issue was his lack of aggressiveness (which is kind of ironic, because landing Sam the way we did was one of the most aggressive moves we’ve ever made as a franchise) and the 2nd/3rd round complete draft whiffs.

• Like 1

It's amazing watching him work in the pocket.  The accuracy without having his feet set is special.  This kid hasn't even scratched the surface which is scary.  Imagine him behind a good OL.  I'll just leave this here.  

QBs to have a game w/ 110.0+ passer rating 10.0+ yards per attempt 70.0%+ completion percentage on 30 passes or more at age 23 or younger: Marino (1984) Ryan (2008) Mahomes (2018, 2x) Darnold (2019) Sam is the first player under 23 to do it. The 110/10/70/30+/<24 Club!

Edit: just an added tidbit they all have an MVP on their resume except Sam obviously

Edited by Rockice_8
  • Like 1

16 hours ago, KingOfTheDot said:

Obviously not as talented but watching him throw off platform it’s almost reminiscent of Rodgers and Mahomes. He had one to Crowder when he torques his body right and throws left. It was insane. 

Was that the pass he threw up the middle? I remember getting really happy after watching that. I think it was a tight spiral as well. Like you said only Rodgers and Mahomes can throw off platform like Darnold. 

He’s going to have his ups and down this year but the talent is there. 

Im excited to watch him against the Pats. Also curious to see who BB tries to take away. 

Just now, SDotNova said:

Was that the pass he threw up the middle? I remember getting really happy after watching that. I think it was a tight spiral as well. Like you said only Rodgers and Mahomes can throw off platform like Darnold. 

He’s going to have his ups and down this year but the talent is there. 

Im excited to watch him against the Pats. Also curious to see who BB tries to take away. 

Yeah that was one, I think the crossing route to DT was another one where his feet weren't set.  Even the one to Robby you can see his weight seems shifted left because of the rush off then edge then before he can reset flings it right to Robby.  Kid is special for sure.

• Like 1