the green bay packers vefrsus the detroit loins 2019 MNF (week 5): the return of the incomparable tony brown PART DEUX

FinneasGage

which button man is gonna corral the packer city magic when it mattes most in the game   

38 members have voted

1. 1. which button man is gonna corral the packer city magic when it mattes most in the game

• rubella martin
    • korean robinson
    • brett swine
    • diondre borrelia
    • jake tonedburger
    • tori gouty
    • jamarko symptoms

24 minutes ago, MaryTsraining3s said:

Is the "too many men on the field" penalty different on field goals than it is for regular downs? Obviously for the penalty to be called on a regular play, the ball has to be snapped. But last night Lions were called for 12 men on the field goal attempt before the ball was snapped. Anybody know the rule for sure?

It's in Rule 5, Article 2, Section 2 if you want to look it up.  Basically the difference is if there are 12 players in the formation when the snap is imminent, and the official catches that you throw the flag.

In part, this is to dissuade the Buddy Ryan "Polish Defense" where you intentionally play with too many guys on defense because the seconds you waste by playing with an advantage are more valuable than the penalty yards.

Edited by PossibleCabbage
  • Like 2

23 minutes ago, MaryTsraining3s said:

Is the "too many men on the field" penalty different on field goals than it is for regular downs? Obviously for the penalty to be called on a regular play, the ball has to be snapped. But last night Lions were called for 12 men on the field goal attempt before the ball was snapped. Anybody know the rule for sure?

I THINK it has something to do with it being a field goal kick.  I think that was one of the weird rule changes from a couple years back.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, St Vince said:

The NFL general's a toxic joke I'm staying away. Didn't know the Packers were the most hated sports franchise. Poor Lions we took their Lombardi trophy. Detroit was the fresher  team coming off a bye week. Packers were ripe for the picking, they were beat up playing with a depleted receiving core, if you let a bottom of the roster guy torch you how do you not deserve to lose? You can't tell me with a straight face after 4 full quarters of football only two so called bad calls sealed their fate.

That's right.  We got 3 calls go our way but we turned it over 3 times and they didn't take advantage of it.  They score a TD on any of those gifts and they'd win no matter what call the refs make.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, PossibleCabbage said:

It's in Rule 5, Article 2, Section 2 if you want to look it up.  Basically the difference is if there are 12 players in the formation when the snap is imminent, and the official catches that you throw the flag.

In part, this is to dissuade the Buddy Ryan "Polish Defense" where you intentionally play with too many guys on defense because the seconds you waste by playing with an advantage are more valuable than the penalty yards.

Didn't we later in the game call a TO with too many men on the field so we wouldn't get penalized?  

Speaking of DL, anyone think we are going to hear at some point that Kenny Clark is playing hurt? He's been on the injury report the last few weeks and he's just not dominating the middle like we are accustomed to seeing, not since Week 2 when he wrecked Bradbury. I think something must be going on there. 

So Booger hasn't been the only color commentary guy ti throw out the "Green Bay is a really good screen team" thing. Troy Aikman used to do it also.

Did any of you people note that in the broadcast last night? Am I wrong, or did Green Bay go like five years without a screen pass during the McCarthy era? I might have seen two or three this year, but could we be thought of as a screen team at all?

Edited by Uffdaswede
  • Like 2

4 minutes ago, packfanfb said:

Speaking of DL, anyone think we are going to hear at some point that Kenny Clark is playing hurt? He's been on the injury report the last few weeks and he's just not dominating the middle like we are accustomed to seeing, not since Week 2 when he wrecked Bradbury. I think something must be going on there. 

I think you answered your own question.

• Like 1

Just now, wgbeethree said:

I think you answered your own question.

Sure, but guys pop up on the injury report for a paper cut these days because of the way it's set up with the "limited" and "full" designations. I'm guessing Clark might have something more severe. 

3 hours ago, Green19 said:

Also why isn’t anyone talking about the likely scenario of Bak working the official telling them “Hey you guys are missing him hit my neck and getting up under my face mask.”

To make them watch for it... and more likely to call it.

A reporter did say that Bak went to the refs and basically said - ahhh yea I'm getting punched in the throat, are you ever gonna call it.

Back in the day, probably before most of you were born, people would hot glue razor blades to the bottom and back of their car stereos because of the high theft rate. I'm not saying Bak should do something similar, but he should do something similar. Or maybe the equipment guys can attach a rubber piece to the pads that makes it harder to get a hand hold so easily and so low

Edited by cannondale

7 minutes ago, cannondale said:

A reporter did say that Bak went to the refs and basically said - ahhh yea I'm getting punched in the throat, are you ever gonna call it.

Back in the day, probably before most of you were born, people would hot glue razor blades to the back of their car stereos because of the high theft rate. I'm not saying Bak should do something similar, but he should do something similar

Wasnt Howie Long accused of using some sort of chain mill type material on part of his jersey so if you tried to hold him you would get your hand messed up. 

4 minutes ago, Reaper said:

Wasnt Howie Long accused of using some sort of chain mill type material on part of his jersey so if you tried to hold him you would get your hand messed up. 

I looked it up it was Pebbles under the numbers so if you grabbed or punched it you would hurt your hands. Maybe Bak should see a seamstress