Mike McGlinchey out 4-6 weeks

49erurtaza

3 minutes ago, N4L said:

Now it all makes sense why he hasn't looked like the same player this year. 

I'm just glad hes not out for the season. 

This just happened this week. He's basically been the same as he was last year, which is a beast in the running game and "meh, he's okay" in the passing game. 

Everyone relax. It's not like our pets heads are falling off. Obviously not an ideal situation, but it is what it is. Brunskill has to step up and Young has to be ready. They have done it once, they can do it again. Rams game becomes more difficult , but Carolina, Washington, AZ should all still be wins. That is potentially 7-1 at the mid point. IT would take a complete gag job to not get in after that kind of a start.

4 minutes ago, Forge said:

Yes, but you have no idea where we pick with jimmy g. for all we know, he plays worse than Mullens lol. Mullens production certainly was in line. Or maybe we only pick 6th or 7th instead of second. That's not any better in my opinion. Or maybe we make the playoffs. I wouldn't count on that, but feasible. Still, we picked second and we don't know where we would have picked otherwise. 

I mean we have enough of a sample size to see how he would have played and the fact he wouldn't crap the bed in every close game like Beathard did.

If we had Mullens all season, I'm confident we get to six wins at least too. So yeah, Beathard is just THAT bad lol.

But yeah, that's why I predicted 10-11 wins before the season. I wasn't going off of this team only winning 4 games last year but knowing we were at the very least an average team with Jimmy G that shore up its biggest weakness defensively. 

1 minute ago, clarkfn2284 said:

Everyone relax. It's not like our pets heads are falling off. Obviously not an ideal situation, but it is what it is. Brunskill has to step up and Young has to be ready. They have done it once, they can do it again. Rams game becomes more difficult , but Carolina, Washington, AZ should all still be wins. That is potentially 7-1 at the mid point. IT would take a complete gag job to not get in after that kind of a start.

I think we are all good. Understand that the discussion @J-ALL-DAY and I are having is about being a WC playoff team and having home field advantage LOL. 

6 minutes ago, Forge said:

Yes, but you have no idea where we pick with jimmy g. for all we know, he plays worse than Mullens lol. Mullens production certainly was in line. Or maybe we only pick 6th or 7th instead of second. That's not any better in my opinion. Or maybe we make the playoffs. I wouldn't count on that, but feasible. Still, we picked second and we don't know where we would have picked otherwise. 

Lets not forget we had CJ beathard as our QB for 5 games after Jimmy went down, before we went to mullens for the last 8. those 5 were against:

chargers - should have won if not for dumb turnovers

cardinals - should have won if not for dumb turnovers

packers - should have won if not for dumb turnovers

Rams - blow out

Cardinals - should have won if not for dumb turnovers

So that's 4 wins with Jimmy. Hell, that's probably 4 wins if mullens started those games. CJ turned the ball over at the worst times. 

Just now, N4L said:

Lets not forget we had CJ beathard as our QB for 5 games after Jimmy went down, before we went to mullens for the last 8. those 5 were against:

chargers - should have won if not for dumb turnovers

cardinals - should have won if not for dumb turnovers

packers - should have won if not for dumb turnovers

Rams - blow out

Cardinals - should have won if not for dumb turnovers

So that's 4 wins with Jimmy. Hell, that's probably 4 wins if mullens started those games. CJ turned the ball over at the worst times. 

It doesn't really work like that. For all you know, the chargers and Packers games aren't close because JImmy G throws 2 early game ints. 

7 minutes ago, clarkfn2284 said:

Got to love internet timing. I wasn't even referring to it

Gotcha. 

I think (hope) that the biggest thing for fans is just the frustration of seeing this continue to happen. I can't speak for everyone, but my frustration is on epic levels right now. 

The funny thing is, we recorded the podcast yesterday and you could already hear my frustration boiling when we talked about the Juice injury. And that was before this news lol

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

VERY misleading. Had the 2nd pick because Jimmy G got hurt. With him last year we are at least a 8-8 or 9-7 type of ball club. That's the type of team this should be looked upon as, not just a 4-12 team that had the 2nd pick. We were say an average team last year that just picked up Bosa/Ford/Alexander. A team like that should just be fine making the playoffs, but should have hopes for competing for a SB. 

I like the way you think, J! That is exactly what I expected. Some may consider it unrealistic, but it is that time in the Shanalynch timeline, IMO. We should not just be relevant but a threat and a contender.

Edited by Chrissooner49er
  • Like 1

18 minutes ago, Chrissooner49er said:

I like the way you think, J! That is exactly what I expected. Some may consider it unrealistic, but it is that time in the Shanalynch timeline, IMO. We should not just be relevant but a threat and a contender.

I mean that is the way to look at it. And I was being pretty fair in saying we would have been a 8-8 team with Jimmy G. Like even Mullens may have gotten us to that mark....THAT is how bad Beathard was in the clutch. A lot of these games come down to having competent enough QBs to make plays late in games and this guy would somehow find a way to turn it over every single time! From the LAC game to the AZ game to the GB game. Like clockwork.

So yeah, that's why I was predicting 10-11 games using that logic. 

1 hour ago, clarkfn2284 said:

https://giphy.com/gifs/bird-qj6Km9zSkONcA

1 hour ago, Forge said:

Gotcha. 

I think (hope) that the biggest thing for fans is just the frustration of seeing this continue to happen. I can't speak for everyone, but my frustration is on epic levels right now. 

The funny thing is, we recorded the podcast yesterday and you could already hear my frustration boiling when we talked about the Juice injury. And that was before this news lol

Furthermore, the injuries that are happening can’t be explained by misdiagnosis or poor training/medical staffs. I’ve brought this up before, my FIL is a podiatrist and a huge sports fan. He’s basically said to me multiple times that ligaments and breaks are almost always just bad luck. Maybe something biomechanics (Steph Curry’s old gait) but there’s nothing you can do about it 

It's always interesting to see how people react to this stuff. 

Get well soon, McG (even though you been sucking in pass pro anyway). Just stay alive, Jimmy G. Scheme the quick pass game, and keep the run game active. Maybe we come out of this thing with a 7-3 or 6-4 record by the time GB arrives, and our dudes are back healthy. 

Can we start an injury update thread? Last year would have been a hundred pager. But seriously would be helpful to see updates when half of our roster will be back. 

Side note, we’re gonna get to a point where we have to drop players to make room on the 53 to add replacements. 

Edited by straighthate
  • Like 1