MKE Bucks Thread | Griffin ousted as HC after 43 games; Glenn takes over...no, not that one.

beekay414

14 minutes ago, Packerraymond said:

Jabari has every right to be pissed. No one else gets yanked other than him. Bledsoe has been embarrassing and still plays 30+ minutes. Snell too. He's seeing his value crash right before what could be the only contract he may get in the NBA with his knee, I get it.

No he doesn't. We're actually a positive team when Bledsoe is on the floor and Snell at least doesn't dog it.

And it's not about him being pissed either. Its him taking no accountability in this regard. He's always a victim lol. 

10 minutes ago, Packerraymond said:

Jabari has every right to be pissed. No one else gets yanked other than him. Bledsoe has been embarrassing and still plays 30+ minutes. Snell too. He's seeing his value crash right before what could be the only contract he may get in the NBA with his knee, I get it.

The issue being, you can tell almost immediately if Jabari is going to have any sort of positive impact on a game. If he's aggressively attacking and scoring, he has some use. If he's not, he's shown time and time and time and time and time and time again that he's entirely incapable of bringing anything to the table other than scoring. Maybe, if he had studied the game and came out of either knee injury with a renewed sense of energy or intelligence on the defensive end, he'd be playable when he's not scoring. But he's even more of a net negative than Bledsoe or Snell have been if his shot isn't falling. Plus, given the lack of an effort on that end, you can't afford to give him real minutes at the 4 when you're already getting beaten up on the boards. He can be mad at Prunty, that's fine. But he also needs to take a long look in the mirror and realize that when you're 6-8 and ultra athletic, there's no excuse for being useless on the boards and a complete and total liability defensively.

It's the playoffs. It's not the organization's job to make sure he can get his 20 per game while he allows 25-30.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Packerraymond said:

I can't wait until the roster consists of Giannis, Brogdon and guys on their rookie deals.

Bledsoe, Middleton and Snell piss me off far more than Jabari. It won't matter anyway unless the whole structure changes, well just end up with more of the same.

How does middleton piss you off? he's been playing awesome basketball the past couple of months. 

I get frustrated with middleton too, but overall he's the one i think i need to quit being so reactionary with. i think with proper coaching a lot of the silly stuff with him (like choosing deeps 2s over 3s) goes away

• Like 1

Just now, Packerraymond said:

I can't wait until the roster consists of Giannis, Brogdon and guys on their rookie deals.

Bledsoe, Middleton and Snell piss me off far more than Jabari. It won't matter anyway unless the whole structure changes, well just end up with more of the same.

Jabari is more entertaining to watch, so there's definitely that. But honestly, over the course of a season, he almost certainly has a worse impact on the team than Bledsoe and Middleton do. Won't say the same about Snell, since his defense has taken a step back and he leaves us playing 5-on-4 offensively 95% of the time.

But yeah, Giannis and Brogdon are the only ones that I'm interested in watching long-term.

1 minute ago, IrishGreen said:

How does middleton piss you off? he's been playing awesome basketball the past couple of months. 

I get frustrated with middleton too, but overall he's the one i think i need to quit being so reactionary with. i think with proper coaching a lot of the silly stuff with him (like choosing deeps 2s over 3s) goes away

He's a guy that can't accept that he's a second fiddle, and on nights that he's not on he keep chucking up shots. As his offensive game has improved, his defensive game has rapidly declined. He came to us as a Tony Snell type, great defender with a jumper. He's developed into more of a player anyone ever thought and that's given him the liberty to slack off on D. He hogs the last shot and is extremely prohibitive in a ball movement offense. I'll give him props for being one of a few players who still cares, but I hope we maximize his value and move on this off-season.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, bkobow05 said:

I like Bude but I really hope this year's team defending the 3pt line was an aberration and not the real thing. I'm tired of getting destroyed from deep lol.

I just can't see him being anywhere high on our list. They'll try and get the big college guys like your Jay Wright's, Calipari, maybe Pitino. Or if they go NBA my guess is their priority would be Doc Rivers. Luring him away from LA would be huge news and the Marquette/Milwaukee connection is there too.

Not saying I love any of these options but I'm pretty confident this is what ownership will try to do.