MKE Bucks Thread | Griffin ousted as HC after 43 games; Glenn takes over...no, not that one.

beekay414

If we actually plan on blowing up the team, these last couple games have been pretty helpful. Jabari showing a little life on the defensive end and scoring efficiently, Thon inexplicably looking like an NBA player and Middleton shooting 57% from the field and 60% from 3. But man, playoff Middleton is the Khris Middleton we've needed all year. Obviously the shooting numbers aren't sustainable, but the selection has been so much better. He's taking more shots per game than he did in the regular season, but it almost seems like he's functioning within the offense. More open looks and a lot less tightly contested mid range jumpers.

18 minutes ago, titans0021 said:

If we actually plan on blowing up the team, these last couple games have been pretty helpful. Jabari showing a little life on the defensive end and scoring efficiently, Thon inexplicably looking like an NBA player and Middleton shooting 57% from the field and 60% from 3. But man, playoff Middleton is the Khris Middleton we've needed all year. Obviously the shooting numbers aren't sustainable, but the selection has been so much better. He's taking more shots per game than he did in the regular season, but it almost seems like he's functioning within the offense. More open looks and a lot less tightly contested mid range jumpers.

I want no part of dealing Thon. I just don't see the point of moving anyone on the contract he's on. He was great in the Raptors series and great so far in his big minutes in this series. He should be the starting center until he loses the job.

1 minute ago, Packerraymond said:

I want no part of dealing Thon. I just don't see the point of moving anyone on the contract he's on. He was great in the Raptors series and great so far in his big minutes in this series. He should be the starting center until he loses the job.

That's what happened this year. He lost the job because he was awful 95% of the time. I don't really care if we blow it up or not due to the fact that I'd like to see what this team can do with a real NBA head coach, so that's not my beef here. Just saying, I'm not going to be fooled by a 2 game sample size just yet before I say definitively what I want to do with Thon. 

I'll tell you what I don't want to do with him...have him as the starting 5. He's a 4 in my opinion. Better suited for it with his build and lack of core strength. He needs to play with a banger down low most games. If we were playing the Sixers, he'd be getting roasted by Embiid IMO. Just has a good matchup with the Celtics and, even then, he's got to be placed in a certain style of defense to be effective. He is what he is at this point. He's a marginal asset that should never be a deal breaker in trade talks.

8 minutes ago, Packerraymond said:

He was terrible every time he saw the floor all season. I'm not going to let 55 minutes override what I saw from him for 1,236 minutes this season. He was legitimately one of the worst basketball players in the entire league. We let ourselves get fooled after the Raptors series last year, I'm not falling for it again. I'm not giving him away for free now, but if we're getting any level of value for him, I'll happily deal him. I have no faith that his defensive performance in this series is sustainable.

Though, as bk just said, I think he's better off as a stretch 4 off the bench than ever starting at the 5 again. He just doesn't have the strength to hold down the center spot. As good as he's been, we're still getting eaten alive on the glass. The energy and effort he's found in Games 3 and 4 has been big, but he still isn't rebounding and we're giving up an insane amount of offensive boards.

• Like 1

I said he's a stretch 4 from the start. He's forced to play out of position because our big men are awful. Ideally for me this off-season you get something for Parker and Bledsoe, we need someone like a DeAndre Jordan, Dwight Howard, Brook Lopez type of move. 

Let Brogdon start and point with Delly and Jennings backing up. 3 guys that are going to unselfishly move the basketball.

Middleton starts at the 2, Giannis the 4 and a new 5. No idea who are long term wing is if it's not Jabari though. Anyone but Snell. He's fine coming off the bench with Thon, Muhammad, Zeller/Henson and Brown.

2 hours ago, Spartacus said:

I can say one thing this team is better without Henson playing

FTFY

Legit, we are 7-1, including playoffs, that Henson doesn't play. Granted, we didn't play anyone of note in those games outside of Boston but the point still stands.

Edited by bkobow05

It’s hilarious how much whining on twitter there is today from Celtics reporters, outlets, and fans about the officiating.  How it cost them g3. Of course, there’s no mention of Horford elbowing Parker in the head.  Or Snell’s jersey getting nearly ripped apart.  Certainly there’s no mention of Morris affecting the result of game 1.  

It cracks me up when so-called elite teams and elite players complain about officiating whether it’s Lebron or whomever.  The run of the mill teams NEVER get superstar calls.  Instead, they deal with being on the short end of the stick every time they match up with those teams.  Cry us a river.  

Edited by thrILL!

1 minute ago, El ramster said:

Please don’t get bud. I would hire Becky Hammon and I’m dead serious. 

She's on my short list and has a connection here in the fact that she interviewed for our GM/POBO spot last year. She'd qualify as a "splash" hire in the fact that she'd be the first female head coach in the four major American sports.

Jay Wright and Eric Musselman are the two college coaches I'd like. Budenholzer and Fizdale are the former/current HC's I'd like (with the idea that Carlisle isn't leaving Dallas for anything). The rest of my top guys are all assistants. Nick Nurse is probably the guy I'd want the most in regards to the assistants.