MKE Bucks Thread | Griffin ousted as HC after 43 games; Glenn takes over...no, not that one.

beekay414

I'm having a hard time finding any team that would be willing to take Jabari in a S&T while trading a "young shooter." I looked at Chicago and they made some sense with Robin Lopez and Denzel Valentine but Lopez isn't a huge rebounder (he does box out extremely well for his teammates though) and Valentine can't stay in front of anyone on defense. Then I looked at Brooklyn and they aren't moving Caris LeVert or Spencer Dinwiddie for him, that's for sure. Joe Harris made sense but he's a free agent and we can just sign him. Looked at Dallas, they have no one. Looked at Phoenix and they aren't trading for another SF that can't defend and they don't need him anyways with TJW and JJ. Atlanta's not trading Taurean Prince for him (Tyler Dorsey is a maybe). The Knicks don't have anyone that fits the bill but I'd take Courtney Lee for him in a heartbeat. Maybe John Hammond in Orlando would want him but we'd be looking at Terrence Ross or Wes Iwundu as the return. Memphis isn't taking him and they have no one of interest anyways. I like some of Sacramento's young guys so I like the matchup there (Skal Labissiere anyone?). 

I dunno. I'm just having a hard time seeing a match that fits the "get a young shooter" bill. We'd be better off trading him for what we can get and then drafting someone like Zhaire Smith in the draft and signing guys like Joe Harris or Marco Belinelli. I'd go after Wayne Ellington with the MLE. He's honestly probably the best option in free agency.

I dunno. We've got a long ways to go to build this right. I have no faith we'll actually do it though.

35 minutes ago, bkobow05 said:

I'm having a hard time finding any team that would be willing to take Jabari in a S&T while trading a "young shooter." I looked at Chicago and they made some sense with Robin Lopez and Denzel Valentine but Lopez isn't a huge rebounder (he does box out extremely well for his teammates though) and Valentine can't stay in front of anyone on defense. Then I looked at Brooklyn and they aren't moving Caris LeVert or Spencer Dinwiddie for him, that's for sure. Joe Harris made sense but he's a free agent and we can just sign him. Looked at Dallas, they have no one. Looked at Phoenix and they aren't trading for another SF that can't defend and they don't need him anyways with TJW and JJ. Atlanta's not trading Taurean Prince for him (Tyler Dorsey is a maybe). The Knicks don't have anyone that fits the bill but I'd take Courtney Lee for him in a heartbeat. Maybe John Hammond in Orlando would want him but we'd be looking at Terrence Ross or Wes Iwundu as the return. Memphis isn't taking him and they have no one of interest anyways. I like some of Sacramento's young guys so I like the matchup there (Skal Labissiere anyone?). 

I dunno. I'm just having a hard time seeing a match that fits the "get a young shooter" bill. We'd be better off trading him for what we can get and then drafting someone like Zhaire Smith in the draft and signing guys like Joe Harris or Marco Belinelli. I'd go after Wayne Ellington with the MLE. He's honestly probably the best option in free agency.

I dunno. We've got a long ways to go to build this right. I have no faith we'll actually do it though.

Let's not act like Jabari has no value. He showed all of April he still has every bit the explosion and offensive game that he entered the league with. If Terrence Ross is the offer, I'm just going back to purging the rest of the roster and keeping him.

I don't buy for a second that Jabari has the raging jealousy for Giannis. I think the two of them are close. I think it's more lying Bucks sources leaking to the media. We actually have media members tweeting that they won't listen to their Bucks source anymore after Jabari came out and said that everything about him feeling he was a max player and rejecting 3/54 was a lie. Then oddly enough his minutes go way down after he says that about the org and while other guys clearly have dogged it this post-season, the moment he makes a mistake he's benched for the rest of the night.

If no one is willing to give us value for him (I still feel a S & T should be our #1 choice) then I just hope we keep him and hope the coach we get can mentor him into the player he has shown he can be.

It will all be screwed up though because we're the Bucks. I just wish these clown owners would sell to Mark A, he can hire a GM like Stearns and that GM would hire a coach. We'll continue with the clown show we have though because these two are idiots. They'll only look at what kind of publicity the new coach will get and base their decision on that, then any trades we make among our core group will be to add guys to sell tickets and jerseys in the new arena rather than make sense basketball wise, and John Horst will be the talking head for their incompetence. Horst will continue to lie to the media to cover their rhetoric and everyone in WI will continue getting heartburn when thinking about the Bucks.

Thank goodness for the Packers, Brewers and Badgers who all seem to have a great leadership structure moving forward.

23 minutes ago, Packerraymond said:

Let's not act like Jabari has no value. He showed all of April he still has every bit the explosion and offensive game that he entered the league with. If Terrence Ross is the offer, I'm just going back to purging the rest of the roster and keeping him.

Let's just say his value is probably somewhere in between where we both have it. He's not as good nor valuable as you think he is and he's not as worthless as I think he is.

14 minutes ago, Packerraymond said:

I don't buy for a second that Jabari has the raging jealousy for Giannis. I think the two of them are close. I think it's more lying Bucks sources leaking to the media. We actually have media members tweeting that they won't listen to their Bucks source anymore after Jabari came out and said that everything about him feeling he was a max player and rejecting 3/54 was a lie. Then oddly enough his minutes go way down after he says that about the org and while other guys clearly have dogged it this post-season, the moment he makes a mistake he's benched for the rest of the night.

If no one is willing to give us value for him (I still feel a S & T should be our #1 choice) then I just hope we keep him and hope the coach we get can mentor him into the player he has shown he can be.

It will all be screwed up though because we're the Bucks. I just wish these clown owners would sell to Mark A, he can hire a GM like Stearns and that GM would hire a coach. We'll continue with the clown show we have though because these two are idiots. They'll only look at what kind of publicity the new coach will get and base their decision on that, then any trades we make among our core group will be to add guys to sell tickets and jerseys in the new arena rather than make sense basketball wise, and John Horst will be the talking head for their incompetence. Horst will continue to lie to the media to cover their rhetoric and everyone in WI will continue getting heartburn when thinking about the Bucks.

Thank goodness for the Packers, Brewers and Badgers who all seem to have a great leadership structure moving forward.

You'd have a point if Jabari wasn't dogging it all year. I don't buy it from either side. I see what I see and what I see is Jabari pouting, not trying and playing dumb basketball. That's why I have no desire to bring him back. You don't win with guys like him. I don't see people here pounding the table for Michael Beasley and Jabari is another version of Beasley. Easily replaceable. He's living off of prospect shine and nothing more. There's nothing on the court that tells me he's worth a long term deal or worth keeping around. He wants out and I think that's incredibly clear regardless of what he's said about the city/in the paper.

LIS before, my buddy is in tight with his brother/manager, Christian, and he's been telling me all year that Jabari is gone.

2 minutes ago, bkobow05 said:

You'd have a point if Jabari wasn't dogging it all year. I don't buy it from either side. I see what I see and what I see is Jabari pouting, not trying and playing dumb basketball. That's why I have no desire to bring him back. You don't win with guys like him. I don't see people here pounding the table for Michael Beasley and Jabari is another version of Beasley. Easily replaceable. He's living off of prospect shine and nothing more. There's nothing on the court that tells me he's worth a long term deal or worth keeping around. He wants out and I think that's incredibly clear regardless of what he's said about the city/in the paper.

LIS before, my buddy is in tight with his brother/manager, Christian, and he's been telling me all year that Jabari is gone.

I mean before he even got back the team painted him to the fanbase as a bad guy. He got a ton of flack for thinking he was a max guy from our fans (and deservedly so if he thought that) but that was just a lie. He never rejected a fair 3/54 offer either. Who knows what the real offer is, but I'm sure it wasn't market value.

I'm not excusing him reserving effort on D, but the Bucks screwed the pooch before this comeback ever happened. We have an organization that's OK painting our players as the bad guy to the media and fans, sends false information to the press and then drags a guy like Woelfel (can't stand him) through the mud for saying there is tension with the Bucks and Parker. It's pathetic. Half my heart wants to be at every Bucks game I can be at to watch Giannis for every moment I can, the other half doesn't want to give a dime to these jackasses of my own money. So much has changed since Kohl but nothing's changed lol.

1 minute ago, Packerraymond said:

I mean before he even got back the team painted him to the fanbase as a bad guy. He got a ton of flack for thinking he was a max guy from our fans (and deservedly so if he thought that) but that was just a lie. He never rejected a fair 3/54 offer either. Who knows what the real offer is, but I'm sure it wasn't market value.

I'm not excusing him reserving effort on D, but the Bucks screwed the pooch before this comeback ever happened. We have an organization that's OK painting our players as the bad guy to the media and fans, sends false information to the press and then drags a guy like Woelfel (can't stand him) through the mud for saying there is tension with the Bucks and Parker. It's pathetic. Half my heart wants to be at every Bucks game I can be at to watch Giannis for every moment I can, the other half doesn't want to give a dime to these jackasses of my own money. So much has changed since Kohl but nothing's changed lol.

Oh, I'm not saying anything remotely positive about the Bucks organization in this regard. I'm with you on it. I'm just done with Jabari. That's all.

Just now, bkobow05 said:

Oh, I'm not saying anything remotely positive about the Bucks organization in this regard. I'm with you on it. I'm just done with Jabari. That's all.

My first choice would be to move him for value. I just would rather match an offer (if it was a market value type contract) than let him go for free.

I'm like 75% done with him haha. I still have 25% of me that feels if we actually hired a real coach he could be developed into something good.

i think we're all relatively on the same page, but i'm completely done with parker as well. i would rather let him walk for nothing than to pay him a massive contract.

that's not to say he'll never be good in this league, i just don't want to be the team to take that risk. 

The only thing that has me even slightly hopefully for the future of this franchise is that these owners are going to want to make a huge splash hire. Any coach that would be considered a huge splash is going to look at Giannis and say hell yeah, and the rest of the s... show that is our roster and say hell no. Leads me to believe they'll only agree to come here if they get full roster control and ownership will agree to get them aboard.

Now again that's not ideal, but it's the lesser of two evils to what our personnel decisions will be if the trio of turds are making the calls.

I'm not going to beat a dead horse with how unwatchable this team is. Everyone has been well documenting it all year. I'm curious if anyone can create a measurable scoring system for this offseason. I don't have the capacity for it but would be curious to see and follow. For example; hired a new GM and basketball mind as a head coach (+40 points), lose Jabari in offseason with no return (-20 points), draft quality fit (+10 points) = positive +30 on the offseason scale. Tough to create a template as there are so many variables but this offseason is now the only thing Bucks fans can really look towards. 

1 hour ago, bkobow05 said:

He's beyond ******* clueless

It’s embarrassing. Blaming others when you’re four years in, including two where you had all the time in the world to rehab and study, and you still are as lost on defense as you were in college is a bad look. Pretty clear indicator the guy just doesn’t get it. Even when his shot is falling, he’s still only a net-neutral.

I let him walk for nothing before I pay him any amount of money.

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, titans0021 said:

It’s embarrassing. Blaming others when you’re four years in, including two where you had all the time in the world to rehab and study, and you still are as lost on defense as you were in college is a bad look. Pretty clear indicator the guy just doesn’t get it. Even when his shot is falling, he’s still only a net-neutral.

I let him walk for nothing before I pay him any amount of money.

I've never seen someone so less self aware. Dude really believes that he isn't playing bad basketball. It's baffling that he's playing the victim role. It's also baffling that the media isn't pointing out how bad he's been on the court...