MKE Bucks Thread | Griffin ousted as HC after 43 games; Glenn takes over...no, not that one.

beekay414

1 minute ago, titans0021 said:

I occasionally read just because there’s so many Bucks fans over there and it gives me a feel for the fan base. Some of the panic still happening over there is hilarious. 

You have some that straight up believe the Jrue package could’ve gotten us Harden. And then just a lot of worry about the future picks.  

We have a 25-year old back-to-back MVP, coming off two 60-win seasons and made a move to ensure a long-term commitment from Giannis while significantly improving the starting lineup. Imagine seeing that and spending days worried about a draft pick that is literally seven years from now lol.

I, so badly, want to post but I'm not going to. I'd probably get banned before the end of the night lol.

It's really no different than basketball Twitter over there. I just keep tabs on it because you can find news/links/tweets that you may miss on your own.

2 minutes ago, beekay414 said:

I mean, people really think Donte was better than Bogie last year and that Holiday is virtually the same as Bledsoe because they look solely at analytics. It's baffling.

As someone that really likes Donte, some of the love for him is nuts. At his best, he’s a competent, starting 2 with a limited ceiling. He’s a good get for the Kings honestly. But we don’t have time to wait for him to find his shot. Add in Giannis’ fondness for Bogi and the fact that he’s clearly a better fit for Bud, take the long-term commitment every day.

Everything seems to be built around the fear of Giannis leaving. Which yeah, we’re dead if he leaves. But we were always dead if he leaves.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, titans0021 said:

As someone that really likes Donte, some of the love for him is nuts. At his best, he’s a competent, starting 2 with a limited ceiling. He’s a good get for the Kings honestly. But we don’t have time to wait for him to find his shot. Add in Giannis’ fondness for Bogi and the fact that he’s clearly a better fit for Bud, take the long-term commitment every day.

Everything seems to be built around the fear of Giannis leaving. Which yeah, we’re dead if he leaves. But we were always dead if he leaves.

I love Donte but he's a dime-a-dozen defensive energy guy. I got tired of watching him straight up brick open threes and blow layups. I'm honestly not sure how much upside he has left. He's got a role going forward but he's not a big loss. This is what happens when you brick your draft picks for a decade and get any kind of value out of one. People get attached and inflate their worth. 

5 minutes ago, beekay414 said:

I love Donte but he's a dime-a-dozen defensive energy guy. I got tired of watching him straight up brick open threes and blow layups. I'm honestly not sure how much upside he has left. He's got a role going forward but he's not a big loss. This is what happens when you brick your draft picks for a decade and get any kind of value out of one. People get attached and inflate their worth. 

Kind of like that two month-period where we convinced ourselves DJ might not be useless lol.

• Like 1