MKE Bucks Thread | Griffin ousted as HC after 43 games; Glenn takes over...no, not that one.

beekay414

1 minute ago, Spartacus said:

So you have Giannis, Holiday, Lopez, Middleton, Bog as the starters which is an extremely solid crew but who do we have on the bench? Hopefully there are some guys out there who want a title and are willing to sign for peanuts. 

Just need 2-3 bench guys, the rest, more Thanasis and Frank Mason's of the world. Guys who can't possibly tempt Bud into playing our starters for 16 mins a game in the playoffs.

3 minutes ago, Spartacus said:

So you have Giannis, Holiday, Lopez, Middleton, Bog as the starters which is an extremely solid crew but who do we have on the bench? Hopefully there are some guys out there who want a title and are willing to sign for peanuts. 

Right now it's only Justin James and Thanasis. We still have almost the full MLE (depends on what happens with the Leuer stretch and whether or not the NBA takes it off as Horst has requested) along with the bi-annual exception. We're gonna have a lot of vet minimums tho. We are hardcapped with the S&T of Bogie.

Edited by beekay414

I think my eye would be on someone like Nate Hinton at 42, assuming we actually have it as I haven't seen anything other than Nehm's tweet. Kid is a versatile defender and has some upside as a 3&D wing. Then I'd gamble on Markus Howard at 60, I think. If Killian Tillie really is falling out of the draft due to his injury history and measurables, then I gamble on him instead and hope to land Howard as a UDFA.

2 hours ago, beekay414 said:

Windy on ESPN this morning said that Bogdanovic shut down his free agency and took less with us because it's assumed to be in conjunction with Giannis extending. The expectation is also for Jrue to extend for at least the short term. 

Yeah, I just listened to the Windhorst/Lowe podcast and the first 20 minutes or so were dedicated to the Bucks. Both thought there must be some sort of guarantee and that Giannis wouldn’t have let Bogdanovic sign long-term if he was leaving. Just trying not to get too excited until the Giannis extension is signed.

On 11/17/2020 at 5:04 AM, beekay414 said:

Any of you guys read RealGM? I lurk over there because I've been banned a few times (lol) so I don't want to risk losing my log-in so I can track posts but that Fotis St Greek dude has got to have the worst eye for talent I've ever seen. Calling the Jrue deal one of the worst deals ever while saying he would've only done it straight up for Bledsoe (lol) and then saying stuff like "Middleton for Fournier+Gordon+3 1sts" or that we should've traded for DeRozan and Patty Mills instead LOL.

I'm just baffled by how clueless a lot of these dudes are. If anyone thinks Jrue Holiday is a marginal improvement or a lateral move over Bledsoe, they don't know basketball. We don't even know the protections on the picks and people are losing their ****. If Giannis re-signs, they might as well be 2nd round picks. If he doesn't, there are most likely protections on the picks and one of them is the 24th pick in this friggin' draft lol. I'll never understand the overvaluing of draft picks in the NBA. 

I occasionally read just because there’s so many Bucks fans over there and it gives me a feel for the fan base. Some of the panic still happening over there is hilarious. 

You have some that straight up believe the Jrue package could’ve gotten us Harden. And then just a lot of worry about the future picks.  

We have a 25-year old back-to-back MVP, coming off two 60-win seasons and made a move to ensure a long-term commitment from Giannis while significantly improving the starting lineup. Imagine seeing that and spending days worried about a draft pick that is literally seven years from now lol.

• Like 1