Bold prediction: Jared Goff will be benched!

Elky

2 hours ago, LeotheLion said:

Weird 2 games to pick. Yes in those games he looked like a definite pro bowler. I don't care how bad Arizona is, there haven't been others this year that have hung 400 passing yards on them in 3 quarters. Certainly doesn't mean anything if he doesn't keep it up but his play has been encouraging.

But yes, the entire premise of the thread was idiotic. 

What other stretch of the season would you consider him to have played pro-bowl caliber?

We are literally talking about essentially one game, maybe two. Forgive me if I'm not ready to crown him "back" just yet.

11 minutes ago, Soggust said:

What other stretch of the season would you consider him to have played pro-bowl caliber?

We are literally talking about essentially one game, maybe two. Forgive me if I'm not ready to crown him "back" just yet.

I wouldn't say there was another. We are talking about 2 games. Acting like Seattle wasn't a good Goff game is being a hater. This is his best football he's played all year. And right now he's playing at a pro bowl level in those games. 2 games is a small sample for sure so we'll see how he finishes out the year.

Tbf though, the guy said he's playing at a pro bowl level. You seem to concede that these lasts 2 games are that. Not sure why you would be so argumentative on something you agree with. Consistency is the true test and it's something Goff won't be able to achieve until 2020. 

32 minutes ago, LeotheLion said:

I wouldn't say there was another. We are talking about 2 games. Acting like Seattle wasn't a good Goff game is being a hater. This is his best football he's played all year. And right now he's playing at a pro bowl level in those games. 2 games is a small sample for sure so we'll see how he finishes out the year.

Tbf though, the guy said he's playing at a pro bowl level. You seem to concede that these lasts 2 games are that. Not sure why you would be so argumentative on something you agree with. Consistency is the true test and it's something Goff won't be able to achieve until 2020. 

Who’s being argumentative? All I’m saying is that a single game (or ill even give you l two but I disagree that a 22/31 293yd 2TD 2INT game is a game worth bragging over. It was a good game and a solid game, imo, but whatever) demonstrates he’s turned his season around. 

Its like Miami fans talking about Fitzpatrick playing at a pro bowl level after the Philly game. Like, yeah, if one game is the barometer, fine. But it’s obviously disingenuous to the narrative and too small of a sample size (even if you consider the Seattle game “pro-bowl” caliber).

• Like 2

7 hours ago, Soggust said:

Who’s being argumentative? All I’m saying is that a single game (or ill even give you l two but I disagree that a 22/31 293yd 2TD 2INT game is a game worth bragging over. It was a good game and a solid game, imo, but whatever) demonstrates he’s turned his season around. 

Its like Miami fans talking about Fitzpatrick playing at a pro bowl level after the Philly game. Like, yeah, if one game is the barometer, fine. But it’s obviously disingenuous to the narrative and too small of a sample size (even if you consider the Seattle game “pro-bowl” caliber).

Again, we are talking about 2 games. Looking at the stats to judge the Seattle game tells me all I need to know. It was the highest YPA Seattle allowed all year. One interception was because Woods broke off his route incorrectly thinking it was zone coverage. 

We don't know if he turned his season around. He needs to keep it up. We have a reason to be encouraged and I'm not going to care about a 2 game sample. If he was bad in these 2 games this thread would have been bumped.

56 minutes ago, LeotheLion said:

Again, we are talking about 2 games. Looking at the stats to judge the Seattle game tells me all I need to know. It was the highest YPA Seattle allowed all year. One interception was because Woods broke off his route incorrectly thinking it was zone coverage. 

We don't know if he turned his season around. He needs to keep it up. We have a reason to be encouraged and I'm not going to care about a 2 game sample. If he was bad in these 2 games this thread would have been bumped.

I think we are saying the same thing with slightly different perspectives. I'm not bagging on his performance against Seattle. I watched the game. I'm not sure I 100% agree on the "Woods' fault" narrative on the pick 6, but I really don't want to debate it because it's going to make it look like I'm trying to discredit Goff's performance, which I'm not. My only issue was that it felt like a rushed evaluation after 2 games (which I believe you agree with). Reason to be optimistic? Absolutely 100% agree. But I certainly don't think Goff has cleared the discussion and this is all of a sudden a troll thread after those two games. 

6 minutes ago, BleedTheClock said:

Dude your posts are terrible.

Whoever liked 3 of your posts should be permabanned.

McVay's the guy who "overprepared" for a Super Bowl that Belichick ran out the clock to win.  

And, you think he knows what he's doing with keeping Goff at QB?  

He has as many INT as TDs and QBR isn't even 85.  

Edited by RamblinMan99

• 4 weeks later...

Now that the dust has settled a bit on the 2019 regular season what are people's thoughts on Goff for next season, do we see Bortles get some game time if Goff continues on this downward trajectory he has been on for quite some time?

His 22 touchdown, 16 interception, 86.5 QB Rating, 62% Completion Percentage stat line put him below most starting QB's in the NFL this season. It should also be mentioned he threw the ball more than any QB this year and still only had 22 touchdown passes. His QB Rating was right in line with Ryan Fitzpatrick this season, which is never a good sign after dumping all that money on Goff. 

1 hour ago, tyler735 said:

Now that the dust has settled a bit on the 2019 regular season what are people's thoughts on Goff for next season, do we see Bortles get some game time if Goff continues on this downward trajectory he has been on for quite some time?

His 22 touchdown, 16 interception, 86.5 QB Rating, 62% Completion Percentage stat line put him below most starting QB's in the NFL this season. It should also be mentioned he threw the ball more than any QB this year and still only had 22 touchdown passes. His QB Rating was right in line with Ryan Fitzpatrick this season, which is never a good sign after dumping all that money on Goff. 

Bumping a month old thread because your team got bounced. You love to see it. 

And this was clearly never about the Rams. If it was you'd know Bortles isn't on the team next year. 

Edited by LeotheLion
  • Like 5

43 minutes ago, LeotheLion said:

And this was clearly never about the Rams. If it was you'd know Bortles isn't on the team next year. 

Here are the second through fourth seasons of two QBs:
QB A
29-19 record
1031/1651
62.4% completion percentage
12,679 passing yards (4226 per year)
7.7 YPA
85 passing TDs (28 per year)
53 Ints (18 per year)
89.9 passer rating

QB B
33-14 record
1054/1664
63.3% completion percentage
13,130 passing yards (4377 per year)
7.9 YPA
82 passing TDs (27 per year)
35 Ints (12 per year)
95.4 passer rating

QB A was Peyton Manning. QB B is Jared Goff. Both were 23 to 25 years old during those stretches. There are only 5 QBs in NFL history who posted 10,000+ passing yards, 80+ passing TDs, and a 95+ passer rating over their second through fourth seasons in the NFL. They are: Kurt Warner, Russell Wilson, Carson Wentz, Dan Marino, and Jared Goff. I expect Patrick Mahomes (and maybe Deshaun Watson) to join the club next year.

http://pfref.com/tiny/YwZ9S

Also, I recall how people loved to cherry pick from Goff's final stretch of games to close the 2018 season at the beginning of this year. So let me return the favor. Goff's final 5 games of the 2019 season:

143/216 66.2% 1643 passing yards 7.6 YPA 11 TDs 4 Ints 98.2 Passer Rating

Goff is the greatest! xD

(BTW, Leo, this site gets a lot better when you put certain trollish posters on ignore. LOL.)

Edited by jrry32
  • Like 2

7 minutes ago, jrry32 said:

143/216 66.2% 1643 passing yards 7.6 YPA 11 TDs 4 Ints 98.2 Passer Rating

So wait...your cherry picked stats have him hovering somewhere just outside the top 10 in QB rating for the whole season? I mean, sure. Seems about right.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, DannyB said:

So wait...your cherry picked stats have him hovering somewhere just outside the top 10 in QB rating for the whole season? I mean, sure. Seems about right.

And QB's in that range always get threads about them needing to be benched right? 

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, LeotheLion said:

It’s so easy to see the motivation into his posts, it’s hilarious. Go into the Kamariabthread and point out how bad that looks now and one of his next posts will be in another thread hyping some other saints player or passive aggressively insulting someone from your team.

On topic, who knows what the verdict on what Goff is. Next year will speak volumes, that contract looks really bad and they didn’t even have to do it but if he can prove it was just a down year then all’s forgiven in the grand scheme of things... although he did hurt them this year.