Week 7: VIKINGS (4-2) at Lions (2-2-1)

swede700

1 hour ago, SteelKing728 said:

That loss has to be pretty demoralizing.

The Lions struggle against the run, with 5 straight 100+ rushing yards allowed per game.

Let's see that trend continue!

Hopefully the Vikes can have a big game on the ground and feast off playaction. Defense needs to dominate early on. Can’t have another poor start like the Packers game.

• Like 1

This is a game where I would expect to see a lot of motion, and Rudolph, Smith, and Cook involved heavily in the passing game. 

Slay and Coleman are the strength of that defense, and good enough to keep Diggs and Thielen in check. But the Lions have major weak points at linebacker and safety. They need to exploit those matchups. 

Edited by SemperFeist
  • Like 1

The Lions always play us tough with Stafford, and they're better than their record indicates. I think they'll come out highly motivated and give us a tough game, in which case just a few key mistakes could mean a loss. On top of the infuriating failures against the Packers and Bears, that would pretty much destroy our chances of contending in the NFC North. This is a must-win game.

If we handily win this game I expect us to struggle against Washington. Reason being that I think our team will look ahead to a KC matchup, whether they try to or not. Now maybe the Redskins are so bad that it won't matter if we look ahead a little, but I feel good about the game.

IMO, from this stretch of the Lions game and into to the Cowboys game -- it will determine how good we actually are. We aren't playing KC for 2 1/2 weeks I know... As of now though, I believe our team is the hard counter to KC; it's simply a matter of following the game plan of controlling the clock and playing good defense. 

This Lions game will be one of the toughest on the schedule. They are a lot better than their record states and should have beaten Green Bay. In my mind they're the superior team currently, and a win against them will make me all fuzzy inside.

Anyway, apologize for the rant. 

My prediction - We pull out a close win.

26 - 18

Edited by Torchezim

22 minutes ago, Torchezim said:

If we handily win this game I expect us to struggle against Washington. Reason being that I think our team will look ahead to a KC matchup, whether they try to or not. Now maybe the Redskins are so bad that it won't matter if we look ahead a little, but I feel good about the game.

IMO, from this stretch of the Lions game and into to the Cowboys game -- it will determine how good we actually are. We aren't playing KC for 2 1/2 weeks I know... As of now though, I believe our team is the hard counter to KC; it's simply a matter of following the game plan of controlling the clock and playing good defense. 

This Lions game will be one of the toughest on the schedule. They are a lot better than their record states and should have beaten Green Bay. In my mind they're the superior team currently, and a win against them will make me all fuzzy inside.

Anyway, apologize for the rant. 

My prediction - We pull out a close win.

26 - 18

I doubt the Vikes have time to look ahead to KC. It’s a short week against Washington.

• Like 2

It will be an interesting matchup because I've seen Lions doing 3 man pass rush lot more frequently than most of the teams in the league. Their strategy seems to have the secondary coverage tighter. If they r gonna use the same pass rush strategy on Sunday, then I expect our OL to handle their pass rush pretty decently . If our WR duo can manage to get open (which I trust they can), I fancy our chances against their secondary. Should be a good test for our defense too on road.