MNF: Lions at Packers

Malfatron

who wins  

17 members have voted

1. 1. wins

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 10/15/2019 at 12:33 AM

1 minute ago, AlexGreen#20 said:

Isn't the counter argument that the Lions were getting away with a penalty all game and it was only when our player informed the incompetent official of the rule and drew his attention to the infraction, that the incompetent official actually noticed it?

And they just picked what would be critical hits to Packers' drives to call it? 

Awfully convenient.

54 minutes ago, Ketchup said:

I guess Detroit takes no self responsibility for failing to put the game away even though GB and their mistakes gave them every chance to. Guess the refs are to blame here. It’s convenient. When GB gets calls go against them, like in Philly with the obvious no DPI call and then the less talked about no DPI call on GB’s final pass, nobody says a word. 

Whatever. GB is 5-1 and Detroit is in the cellar of the division. Cheers. 

You can tell yourself whatever you need to hear. When all football fans outside of Wisconsin are making clear that you only won because the refs made terrible calls, the refs probably had a substantial impact on the outcome of the game. (Hint: they did.)

5 minutes ago, theuntouchable said:

But didn’t notice the hands to face committed by that same individual? 

don’t get me wrong, I can fully agree that the Lions never should have let it get to that point. However, to come out and justify a piss poor call is just nasty. 

I guess I didn't see Bakhtiari committing any hands to the face. I only watched the two calls in any depth.

I just think there's three truths that we can probably agree on:

1. Hands to the face protection extends to the neck area and not just the facemask.

2. It would be extremely difficult to grab the neck hole of the shoulder pads and push up without coming into contact with the neck. 

3. Trey Flowers was grabbing the neck hole of the shoulder pads and pushing up on a lot of rushes. 

Those three statements alone change it from "piss poor" to questionable. 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, TL-TwoWinsAway said:

Or, that both teams were committing questionable, subjective penalties and only the Lions were called, and at crucial moments in the game.

Want me to say I think you got the short end of the stick? I think you got the short end of the stick, but I think it had more to do with the Graham PI and the Redmond no PI than anything that Flowers was doing. 

Just now, AlexGreen#20 said:

I guess I didn't see Bakhtiari committing any hands to the face. I only watched the two calls in any depth.

1. Hands to the face protection extends to the neck area and not just the facemask.

2. It would be extremely difficult to grab the neck hole of the shoulder pads and push up without coming into contact with the neck. 

3. Trey Flowers was grabbing the neck hole of the shoulder pads and pushing up on a lot of rushes. 

Then you should really rewatch the 2nd one. 

the first one, whatever, there was still a lot of time left in the game and Detroit had a chance to rectify it. The 2nd one literally ended the game. That should not under any circumstances happen. That upgrades it from questionable to piss poor regardless of whatever spin you try to put on it. 

Just now, theuntouchable said:

Then you should really rewatch the 2nd one. 

the first one, whatever, there was still a lot of time left in the game and Detroit had a chance to rectify it. The 2nd one literally ended the game. That should not under any circumstances happen. That upgrades it from questionable to piss poor regardless of whatever spin you try to put on it. 

At which point I kinda take the approach, if you've been getting away with a penalty for three quarters, and then commit an action that looks very close to a penalty, I don't have much sympathy to extend for Flowers. He was lucky to only get flagged for two of them tonight. 

Want me to say I think you got the short end of the stick? I think you got the short end of the stick, but I think it had more to do with the Graham PI and the Redmond no PI than anything that Flowers was doing. 

And the Kerryon catch and fumble that went your way.

Man, that's like a lot of plays that went a certain way in one game, eh?

Did the Lions even get a stick?

8 minutes ago, TL-TwoWinsAway said:

You can tell yourself whatever you need to hear. When all football fans outside of Wisconsin are making clear that you only won because the refs made terrible calls, the refs probably had a substantial impact on the outcome of the game. (Hint: they did.)

Okay, how many of these fans actually know that illegal hands to the face extends to the neck area and aren't just lathered up over Booger McFarland having an apoplectic fit on the air?

At which point I kinda take the approach, if you've been getting away with a penalty for three quarters, and then commit an action that looks very close to a penalty, I don't have much sympathy to extend for Flowers. He was lucky to only get flagged for two of them tonight. 

oxxc6ba3qms31.jpg

yea, I guess he was “lucky” to only get two of those flags. 

Just now, BofaDeez54927 said:

I'm not sure that one was even questionable. If you don't bring the ball into your body and lose it with no contact, you're not gonna get that call. 

5 minutes ago, AlexGreen#20 said:

Wrong. As a former DE I can tell you that is a standard bull rush that you literally see every play for the history of the NFL. Were talking that plays has literally happened 10's of thousands of times without being called.

1 minute ago, BofaDeez54927 said:

I can somewhat understand that call tho. It’s extremely close. The hands to the face was literally being committed by Bahktari but Flowers got the penalty. That’s egregious.