MNF: Lions at Packers

Malfatron

who wins  

17 members have voted

1. 1. wins

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 10/15/2019 at 12:33 AM

1 minute ago, BofaDeez54927 said:

Are we really arguing possession in a scrum? 

But-what-about doesn't really work in last night's game no matter how hard y'all stretch to get there.

I mean, both were questionable calls. Both were gonna stand upon review based on the piles of bodies. Both significantly affected winning percentage?

1 minute ago, AlexGreen#20 said:

I legitimately don't think this is one of the plays that drew a flag?

It is. It's the beginning of the last penalty on Flowers.

Source: https://www.prideofdetroit.com/2019/10/14/20915062/lions-vs-packers-a-story-of-horrible-officiating

There's a video on that site that shows the beginning and end of that play. Bakhtiari actually commits "illegal hands to the face" at the beginning, before Flowers commits "illegal hands to the upper body".

Just now, TL-TwoWinsAway said:

It is. It's the beginning of the last penalty on Flowers.

Source: https://www.prideofdetroit.com/2019/10/14/20915062/lions-vs-packers-a-story-of-horrible-officiating

There's a video on that site that shows the beginning and end of that play. Bakhtiari actually commits "illegal hands to the face" at the beginning, before Flowers commits "illegal hands to the upper body".

There isn't sustained contact. That's one of the requirements for illegal hands to the face.

Just now, AlexGreen#20 said:

I mean, both were questionable calls. Both were gonna stand upon review based on the piles of bodies. Both significantly affected winning percentage?

I mean, both got a second look and we're upheld because there is no visual evidence to back your claims up.

Did all of those drive-extending penalties get a second look?

Just now, AlexGreen#20 said:

There isn't sustained contact. That's one of the requirements for illegal hands to the face.

Hold on. You mean to tell me that grabbing and pushing a players FACE doesn't constitute "illegal hands to the face", but grabbing their pads and/or shoulder does?

Not only that, wouldn't that make it a clear and obvious facemask penalty?

3 minutes ago, AlexGreen#20 said:

Watch it again dude. If you’re going to say that Flowers should actually be a penalty, there’s no way you can deny that as a penalty. You very clearly see his head get pushed directly back because of the contact. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, AlexGreen#20 said:

tbh I wouldnt have called that either. But that was much closer to a penalty than anything Flowers did.

Im curious, did you ever play football and/or have you ever put on pads? Because the neck portion is a V. Even if you grabbed them and pulled them up slightly, at most your knuckle might *barely* graze the collarbone/bottom of the neck. Def not forceable impact

74e7fab7a1c44817f62fd16a8c68cf1f.jpg

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, BofaDeez54927 said:

I mean, both got a second look and we're upheld because there is no visual evidence to back your claims up.

Did all of those drive-extending penalties get a second look?

The goal line TD you could never actually see the ball on replay cross the plain. One ref said TD the other said turnover on downs. The call on the field would have stood either way it was called. Benefit Detroit. 

The scrum is something that would never get overturned. They called it Detroit ball because they wrestled it away in a scrum. Benefit Detroit.