MNF: Lions at Packers

Malfatron

who wins  

17 members have voted

1. 1. wins

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 10/15/2019 at 12:33 AM

2 minutes ago, AlexGreen#20 said:

Okay, how many of these fans actually know that illegal hands to the face extends to the neck area and aren't just lathered up over Booger McFarland having an apoplectic fit on the air?

The first one was grabbed at the chest, the second one closer to the shoulder. The only person who had hands to the face was the Packers OL. 

You are taking this neck thing to literal. That is meant for a hand being directly on the neck, not on the pads near the neck. 

I question if you have ever paid attention to a bull rush before last night. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Matts4313 said:

Wrong. As a former DE I can tell you that is a standard bull rush that you literally see every play for the history of the NFL. Were talking that plays has literally happened 10's of thousands of times without being called.

None of which goes against the three statements that were listed. If the hand rises up into the neck area, by the rules, that is a penalty. 

Just now, BofaDeez54927 said:

Letter of the law already out the window? 

Did you read the statement by the officials? Contact needs to be maintained. 

If you're of the impression that a swipe is Illegal Hands to the face, I don't know what you're even arguing because Flowers had a no question swipe on the first illegal hands to the face before he got his hands up into the neck area. 

2 minutes ago, Matts4313 said:

The first one was grabbed at the chest, the second one closer to the shoulder. The only person who had hands to the face was the Packers OL. 

You are taking this neck thing to literal. That is meant for a hand being directly on the neck, not on the pads near the neck. 

I question if you have ever paid attention to a bull rush before last night. 

There’s something wrong in the world when I agree with you. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, AlexGreen#20 said:

None of which goes against the three statements that were listed. If the hand rises up into the neck area, by the rules, that is a penalty. 

No, its literally not. Thats not what the rule means. The rule is prolonged forcable contact directly to the neck. Not the pads of a player. 

• Like 1

Just now, Matts4313 said:

No, its literally not. Thats not what the rule means. The rule is prolonged forcable contact directly to the neck. Not the pads of a player. 

If you're holding the neck hole of the shoulder pads, you're making contact with the neck.

There's a reason when you bullrush, you're taught to get the inside of the chest plate and not the neck hole. 

8 minutes ago, theuntouchable said:

oxxc6ba3qms31.jpg

yea, I guess he was “lucky” to only get two of those flags. 

Good post untouchable. I was just coming here to add this. Flowers: grabs his shoulder. Bakhtiari: grabs his facemask and shoves.

AlexGreen#20: for some that understands the rule as much as you claim to, isn't that a clear violation by Bakhtiari? (That was on the last call that ended this game.)

1 minute ago, AlexGreen#20 said:

If you're holding the neck hole of the shoulder pads, you're making contact with the neck.

There's a reason when you bullrush, you're taught to get the inside of the chest plate and not the neck hole. 

I cant believe there is anyone who has 20k post on a football forum and holds this opinion. Straight mind blowing. You are 100% wrong. That is not force-able contact directly to the neck. 

BTW - not just Booger, but Del Rio and Dungy both also called them horrible. I guess you know more than 3 former player/coaches? 

I bet I could find at least 20 plays of Packers DL doing the same thing.... from last night alone. 

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, TL-TwoWinsAway said:

Good post untouchable. I was just coming here to add this. Flowers: grabs his shoulder. Bakhtiari: grabs his facemask and shoves.

AlexGreen#20: for some that understands the rule as much as you claim to, isn't that a clear violation by Bakhtiari? (That was on the last call that ended this game.)

There was no grab of the facemask, there was brief contact with the bottom of the facemask and then Flowers gets the hand off of him. It wasn't a sustained or consistent contact. 

3 minutes ago, AlexGreen#20 said:

There was no grab of the facemask, there was brief contact with the bottom of the facemask and then Flowers gets the hand off of him. It wasn't a sustained or consistent contact. 

Brief contact with the bottom of the face mask? His hand is literally covering the majority of his face mask.......

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Matts4313 said:

I cant believe there is anyone who has 20k post on a football forum and holds this opinion. Straight mind blowing. You are 100% wrong. That is not force-able contact directly to the neck. 

BTW - not just Booger, but Del Rio and Dungy both also called them horrible. I guess you know more than 3 former player/coaches? 

I bet I could find at least 20 plays of Packers DL doing the same thing.... from last night alone. 

This is 2019 and every time one of these comes up the question comes up, you have to address one question first, "Are they upset about the interpretation of the rule, or what they saw on the field?"

I have no doubt that this is appalling for guys that played and coached the majority of their time back before the head/neck area became a safety concern. This was a soft call, no doubt, but there was contact to the neck. That's how this works.