MNF: Lions at Packers

Malfatron

who wins  

17 members have voted

1. 1. wins

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 10/15/2019 at 12:33 AM

Just now, St Vince said:

Lions have the Lions to blame. Like the man who lives up to his name booger said you can't beat the Packers kicking field goals. I'll keep saying it, you score one more TD you  take the refs out of the equation.

would you say the same if this happened to the Packers? That's always the deciding question.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, St Vince said:

Lions have the Lions to blame. Like the man who lives up to his name booger said you can't beat the Packers kicking field goals. I'll keep saying it, you score one more TD you  take the refs out of the equation.

No one here has denied that. I just don’t agree with someone trying to defend that call.

1 hour ago, TL-TwoWinsAway said:

I would have loved the Lions to score TDs instead of FGs. So would the Packers. Lucky for the Packers, penalties extended their touchdown drives, while questionable (if not bad) officiating mistakes ended the Lions' drives. (The missed DPI and the questionable decision on the Kerryon Johnson fumble would have extended both drives.)

The Packers held a lead in this game for 0 seconds. They didn't play well enough to win... the officiating made it possible for them to do just that.

So what about the questionable goal line TD given to Detroit on 4th down? One ref said turnover on downs and the other said TD. Detroit got the benefit of the doubt. Same with the muffed punt that was pretty clearly in the hands of a Packer but he had it wrestled away on the bottom of a scrum. Detroit got that call go their way there. 

Bottom line, fans and teams can complain all they want about the refs but the refs are inconsistent with every team, in every game and calls go both ways. 

Just now, Ketchup said:

So what about the questionable goal line TD given to Detroit on 4th down? One ref said turnover on downs and the other said TD. Detroit got the benefit of the doubt. Same with the muffed punt that was pretty clearly in the hands of a Packer but he had it wrestled away on the bottom of a scrum. Detroit got that call go their way there. 

Bottom line, fans and teams can complain all they want about the refs but the refs are inconsistent with every team, in every game and calls go both ways. 

Well, considering the ref that actually had a view of where the ball was called a TD .....

pretty clearly in the hands of a packer? No. 

also, even if you want to ignore logic and say those were bad calls against GB (they weren’t) did they literally end the game on those calls? 

4 minutes ago, AlexGreen#20 said:

his is 2019 and every time one of these comes up the question comes up, you have to address one question first, "Are they upset about the interpretation of the rule, or what they saw on the field?"

I have no doubt that this is appalling for guys that played and coached the majority of their time back before the head/neck area became a safety concern. This was a soft call, no doubt, but there was contact to the neck. That's how this works.

If I cared enough to prove you wrong, I would go through the all 22 and pull many many examples of both teams bull rushing like this and it not being called. 

And its not called in any other game. You are reaching so hard youve become stretch armstrong. If it was a focus, it would be called a lot more often. DLaw from the Cowboys does this almost every other play. Never been called. Even in 2019.

It was a trash call and you are wrong. It will never be a point of emphasis for DL grabbing an OL pads, anywhere on the pads.

I completely agree that calls are missed a lot and that it can (except for Detroit) go both ways. A game should never end on a bad call like that. 

there was SEVERAL instances of bad calls against Detroit last night. We haven’t even opened up that can of worms on all of them. However, each and every one of them there was still time left on the clock and an opportunity to get it right. Except for that last call. That literally ended the game. 

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, AlexGreen#20 said:

There was no grab of the facemask, there was brief contact with the bottom of the facemask and then Flowers gets the hand off of him. It wasn't a sustained or consistent contact. 

This is completely untrue.

Video on this site: https://detroitsportsnation.com/replay-confirms-lions-got-absolutely-screwed-officials/mwhitaker/detroit-lions-news/10/15/2019/210387/

8 minutes ago, SBLIII said:

would you say the same if this happened to the Packers? That's always the deciding question.

When we lost to the Eagles I blamed the loss on our defense, I didn't blame the refs or the offense.  And I'm on record my old posts are there to read. 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, theuntouchable said:

No one here has denied that. I just don’t agree with someone trying to defend that call.

Agreed. We were always taught, and Ive taught the kids I coach, play well enough to not let the refs decide the game. 

But in reality, sometimes 2 teams are playing equal and the refs can decide the game. This is one of those games. 

• Like 1

Just now, Matts4313 said:

Agreed. We were always taught, and Ive taught the kids I coach, play well enough to not let the refs decide the game. 

But in reality, sometimes 2 teams are playing equal and the refs can decide the game. This is one of those games. 

Eww twice in one day and it’s not even 9:30 **** break yet. 

I need to go shower.