MNF: Lions at Packers

Malfatron

who wins  

17 members have voted

1. 1. wins

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 10/15/2019 at 12:33 AM

Just now, theuntouchable said:

Well, considering the ref that actually had a view of where the ball was called a TD .....

pretty clearly in the hands of a packer? No. 

also, even if you want to ignore logic and say those were bad calls against GB (they weren’t) did they literally end the game on those calls? 

That ball never crossed that goal line. The only view that showed it did was that view from the air which was not right over the goal line so the perspective was off. And yes, there is a clear replay with the football in the hands of a Packer. Go back and watch. 

And I don’t think you know what literally means because it literally didn’t end on either fouls. 

2 minutes ago, theuntouchable said:

I completely agree that calls are missed a lot and that it can (except for Detroit) go both ways.

This is why it is tough to give Detroit much sympathy for me despite questionable calls. Acting like they are always the victim of the refs is weak. We just saw 3 weeks ago the most egregious facemask on Killebrew that went uncalled.

1 minute ago, St Vince said:

When we lost to the Eagles I blamed the loss on our defense, I didn't blame the refs or the offense.  And I'm on record my old posts are there to read. 

Ok, here’s the thing bud. 

You’re ignoring context here if you think this is simply lions fans groaning about the horrendous call. There is literally someone trying to defend that call. 

I fully agree that the Lions never should have let it get there (5 other drives could have resulted in a TD that would have completely changed the dynamic) that doesn’t mean its right for a game to be decided on a call like that. Then to have someone actually try to come out and defend the call? Yea, we’re gonna have a few words about that. 

5 minutes ago, Ketchup said:

So what about the questionable goal line TD given to Detroit on 4th down? One ref said turnover on downs and the other said TD. Detroit got the benefit of the doubt. Same with the muffed punt that was pretty clearly in the hands of a Packer but he had it wrestled away on the bottom of a scrum. Detroit got that call go their way there. 

Bottom line, fans and teams can complain all they want about the refs but the refs are inconsistent with every team, in every game and calls go both ways. 

The left sideline shot confirmed that it was the right call, as the ball broke the plane. That was the exact view that the left official had on that play. Not questionable.

"Wrestled away"? He didn't clearly have the ball before the scrum. Not sure what your point is here: that's how scrums work.

If those are your examples, you've proven the point that everyone else here is making: numerous officiating calls went against the Lions and directly impacted the outcome of the game. The "fumble" by Kerryon and the missed DPI would have both extended Lions drives, while both Packers' TDs were aided by questionable calls. (Not the 12 men, but the 3rd down before it.) The "illegal hands to the upper body" calls were absolutely brutal, and were called on key plays late in the game: one gave the Packers a TD, and the other allowed them to end the game.

2 minutes ago, Ketchup said:

That ball never crossed that goal line. The only view that showed it did was that view from the air which was not right over the goal line so the perspective was off. And yes, there is a clear replay with the football in the hands of a Packer. Go back and watch. 

And I don’t think you know what literally means because it literally didn’t end on either fouls. 

Except that it did, which was evident on 2 replays. 

show me this clear replay because I watched that play several times and never saw an instance of “clear possession” by GB. 

and yes, it did end the game. It went from 4th and long with over 1 minute and 30 seconds left, to 1st and 10 with no timeouts left. That is ending the game. 

6 minutes ago, TL-TwoWinsAway said:

You have different plays here than the one I'm looking at. I don't even think this one was called a penalty.

There was a shot to the facemask here that was immediately pulled back, but there wasn't a grab or tug of it, and nor was it sustained. That's just slow moron

Just now, AlexGreen#20 said:

You have different plays here than the one I'm looking at. I don't even think this one was called a penalty.

There was a shot to the facemask here that was immediately pulled back, but there wasn't a grab or tug of it, and nor was it sustained. That's just slow moron

I’m refraining from responding to you from here on out. 

it’s one thing to have a completely wrong stance on a subject. If you’re going to reduce it to things like that last statement. Then you can kindly go **** yourself. 

1 minute ago, AlexGreen#20 said:

That was the last Flowers penalty, at the beginning of the play. Flowers sheds his hand and then grabs his shoulder.

I'm assuming (hoping) you meant "slow motion" and not "slow, moron".

5 minutes ago, AlexGreen#20 said:

I know right?!?! Just oodles of class this one!! 

4 minutes ago, TL-TwoWinsAway said:

That was the last Flowers penalty, at the beginning of the play. Flowers sheds his hand and then grabs his shoulder.

I'm assuming (hoping) you meant "slow motion" and not "slow, moron".

Yep, typo on the phone. 

That's not a facemask, nor is it hands to the face. Contact to the facemask is allowed.