MNF: Lions at Packers

Malfatron

who wins  

17 members have voted

1. 1. wins

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 10/15/2019 at 12:33 AM

1 minute ago, Coffee & Contemplation said:

I think the bigger question is whether or not the ref who signaled TD saw the ball cross before other refs were blowing the whistle. I may be remembering it wrong, and I can't go back and look at it, but it seemed to me that some officials were already approaching the pile (indicating the play was dead) when the other official came up and signaled TD. 

Yes, this really should be the question. The ball undoubtedly crossed the line at some point, and the left ref was in position to see that, but was it before whistles were blown? That, I cannot answer.

37 minutes ago, TL-TwoWinsAway said:

Hey Packers' fans: what are your thoughts on the Hockenson end zone catch being ruled incomplete?

Incomplete. Pretty clearly too.

Unlike ray, I also think the Kerryon one was correctly overturned as well. Ball came out before/as the 3rd step happened. It came out as the ball switched hands. Didn't complete the process of the catch. 

15 hours ago, SteelKing728 said:

Just the way they wanted it. The Packers are winning the Superbowl this year. Bet your life savings on it.

is it supposed to be 

AFC : pats vs chiefs

NFC : saints vs packers

is that going to generate the most revenue? They can't have an off year fiscally in the nfl let alone a recession. It's alright if everyone else does, but not the nfl, they can't afford that.

Edited by 3rivers

4 minutes ago, Packerraymond said:

There is still a process of the catch that has to be completed when you jump and go to the ground without being tackled. Both Hock and Golloday plays fall into that. 

According to the new NFL rules, a player must only do three things when completing a catch:

a. secures control of the ball in his hands or arms prior to the ball touching the ground; and

b. touches the ground inbounds with both feet or with any part of his body other than his hands; and

c. after (a) and (b) have been fulfilled, performs any act common to the game (e.g., tuck the ball away, extend it forward, take an additional step, turn upfield, or avoid or ward off an opponent), or he maintains control of the ball long enough to do so. 

The only requirement when contacting the ground is as follows: If a player, who satisfied (a) and (b), but has not satisfied (c), contacts the ground and loses control of the ball, it is an incomplete pass if the ball hits the ground before he regains control, or if he regains control out of bounds.

Do you disagree with the above?

1 minute ago, TL-TwoWinsAway said:

According to the new NFL rules, a player must only do three things when completing a catch:

a. secures control of the ball in his hands or arms prior to the ball touching the ground; and

b. touches the ground inbounds with both feet or with any part of his body other than his hands; and

c. after (a) and (b) have been fulfilled, performs any act common to the game (e.g., tuck the ball away, extend it forward, take an additional step, turn upfield, or avoid or ward off an opponent), or he maintains control of the ball long enough to do so. 

The only requirement when contacting the ground is as follows: If a player, who satisfied (a) and (b), but has not satisfied (c), contacts the ground and loses control of the ball, it is an incomplete pass if the ball hits the ground before he regains control, or if he regains control out of bounds.

Do you disagree with the above?

The last paragraph is exactly what happened in both cases.

12 minutes ago, TENINCH said:

Packers don't even make the playoff in 2010 and win the Superbowl if the refs don't gift them some calls against the Vikings. They've had some very favorable calls in the Aaron Rodgers era.

https://nesn.com/2010/10/referees-make-two-touchdown-errors-in-vikings-packers-game/

lol

i guess if the only thing going for my team was that my rival (like every team in the league) has had bad calls I might try to hang my hat on that too

4 minutes ago, TL-TwoWinsAway said:

To clarify: you agree with those rules, and are stating that the only reason why it was incomplete was that Hockenson did not complete "c.", or perform any act common to the game (as described)?

Hock didn't complete c.... I'm confused by your argument here

He didn't do c as follows: 

11 minutes ago, TL-TwoWinsAway said:

or he maintains control of the ball long enough to do so.

and as stated...

11 minutes ago, TL-TwoWinsAway said:

If a player, who satisfied (a) and (b), but has not satisfied (c), contacts the ground and loses control of the ball, it is an incomplete pass if the ball hits the ground before he regains control, or if he regains control out of bounds.

He didn't maintain control when he hit the ground. He hit the ground, lost control of the ball, and it hit the ground. ???

And using above logic, Kerryon tried to change hands which is his football move, and lost control as he did that. You could argue he was turning upfield and would have completed c by doing this, but by changing hands imo he did not complete his "gaining control". I would say Kerryon failed step (a)

Edited by JBURGE