MNF: Lions at Packers

Malfatron

who wins  

17 members have voted

1. 1. wins

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 10/15/2019 at 12:33 AM

2 minutes ago, Packerraymond said:

Just enjoy being 5-1 man, ignore all the salt. We were all told to "get over it" when the refs prolonged the Minny game last season in week 2 with their bogus RTP against Matthews, no one cared this year when Philly got a game winning pick on a DPI. Controversial calls happen, we benefitted for once. 5-1 feels damn good. 

He brought this upon himself. I was completely content with saying it sucks but the Lions should have done more before it. 

he’s literally defending the call on the field. 

3 minutes ago, Matts4313 said:

The neckhole is literally 6-12 inches below the neck depending on pads/fit. Pads dont rid up that high. And in the case that they do, he is still not forcibly contacting the neck, he is holding on to pads and pushing into the chest. 

Did you watch the play? He didn't grab him at the deepest point in the V on the shoulder pads, he grabbed the pad half way to the top. There's not a properly fitted pair in the world that doesn't see contact to the neck there. 

Just now, theuntouchable said:

He brought this upon himself. I was completely content with saying it sucks but the Lions should have done more before it. 

he’s literally defending the call on the field. 

It's certainly not anywhere near the worst game ending call I've seen in the last few seasons, but I understand why Lions fans are pissed. I thought giving you guys a TD on that 4th without a review was equally awful, no way was he in. 

It's sports, the winning team is going to be happy with the call and the losing team will be pissed and we all move on. More often than not we're on the other side so this is a nice feeling.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, AlexGreen#20 said:

Did you watch the play? He didn't grab him at the deepest point in the V on the shoulder pads, he grabbed the pad half way to the top. There's not a properly fitted pair in the world that doesn't see contact to the neck there. 

It is a foul if a defensive player thrusts his hands or arms forward above the frame of an opponent to forcibly contact him on the neck, face, or head.

https://operations.nfl.com/the-rules/2019-nfl-rulebook/#article-3.-illegal-block-by-offensive-player

Boom. The "pad half way to the top" =/= the "neck, face, or head."

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Packerraymond said:

It's certainly not anywhere near the worst game ending call I've seen in the last few seasons, but I understand why Lions fans are pissed. I thought giving you guys a TD on that 4th without a review was equally awful, no way was he in. 

It's sports, the winning team is going to be happy with the call and the losing team will be pissed and we all move on. More often than not we're on the other side so this is a nice feeling.

They did review it and he was in tho. 

8 minutes ago, Packerraymond said:

Just enjoy being 5-1 man, ignore all the salt. We were all told to "get over it" when the refs prolonged the Minny game last season in week 2 with their bogus RTP against Matthews, no one cared this year when Philly got a game winning pick on a DPI. Controversial calls happen, we benefitted for once. 5-1 feels damn good. 

Ha, for once.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Packerraymond said:

Not really. Almost all the sane Packers fans were lamenting the terrible call last night and saying how it cheapened the win. But this one dude is off his rocker trying to defend the call. 

And with that, I am out. Maybe the NFL will come out and say they botched the call so that we can put this to rest. 

2 minutes ago, Packerraymond said:

I think that 4th down TD was going the way it was called on the field either way. Just couldn't tell from the replay that he was in, but I was leaning that he was in. 

• Like 1