Wisconsin Badgers Thread | Should probably #LockeTheThread lol

beekay414

1 minute ago, MathMan said:

Really?

I forsee being 3 most likely if Clemson wins.

Undefeated Power 5 team. Even if the rest of the schedule was weak, it's incredibly difficult to finish undefeated in a Power 5. And capping it off with a legitimate quality win would seal the deal

Edited by RollEagles

Hornibrook sucks, but I knew this so I'm not too disappointed. Our OL was trash and our front 7 could not generate any pressure. Our offense will only get better, but our D will only get worse in the next year. We need our linemen to carry us, because we'll never have many impact skill guys with our recruiting approach, but they were outclassed tonight. 

I'm pretty discouraged, I just don't see how we can beat these powerhouse teams, every year it's the same story, we just look out talented. A good QB would help for sure, but if OSU also had a good QB they hang near 40. 

Man... that one was within grasp. 

If we could run a screen we win that game. We wrap up a couple times we win that game. 

I really wish on the second to last drive we would have just lined up and handed it to Taylor until we either scored or turned the ball over on downs. We're Wisconsin GDI. We've spent the last 20 years running the ball down your throat. If you can stop us hats off to you. The most important drive in school history and we put it in Hornibrooks' hands. ?

Hornibrook isn't a bucket of suck in the first half we win this game.

Defense makes those two tackles we needed to allow 14 points, we win this game.

Hornibrook completes 5/10 screen passes we win this game.

OSU plays at 80% of their potential, we lose this game by 30.

+++++++++

Same story. Out athleted on the perimeter. Mediocre QB play.

The dirty little secret this year was that our offensive line wasn't actually that good. Hopefully next year with another year of experience they'lll be as good as everyone thinks they are.

25 minutes ago, titansNvolsR#1 said:

How have you guys never had a quality QB outside of Wilson these recent years? I don't understand how QBs aren't lining up to play with that run game.

Scott Tolzien was a pretty good collegiate quarterback. Beyond that, yeah. A lot of average guys. Sometimes worse.

I'm hopeful about the future of QB recruiting with Chryst. We've started attracting better skill position guys and we have a HC that has done some good work with quarterbacks in the past. All it takes is one higher caliber quarterback recruit to recognize the opportunity and it could really serve to spring the program forward. We'll hopefully see what we have with Jack Coan next year.

4 minutes ago, titans0021 said:

Scott Tolzien was a pretty good collegiate quarterback. Beyond that, not really. A lot of average guys. Sometimes worse.

I'm hopeful about the future of QB recruiting with Chryst. We've started attracting better skill position guys and we have a HC that has done some good work with quarterbacks in the past. All it takes is one higher caliber quarterback recruit to recognize the opportunity and it could really serve to spring the program forward. We'll hopefully see what we have with Jack Coan next year.

My question is why the hell did we burn Coan's redshirt this year. Lyles or even VandenBoom could've did what he did.