Week 7: NE Pats vs NY Jets MNF

Bobby816

1 minute ago, GangGreen420 said:

To boot, these uniforms suck hard. The green with the green helmets are hideous.

Ahh I actually like them. I prefer we wear clown suits next week though. It’s more appropriate or maybe white on white on white so we look like ghosts and Sam f**king throws to the right team. Just a thought.

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, ekill08x said:

This game was effing bad it make you think that last week was a complete fluke. Sam Darnold showed no signs of looking like an NFL QB tonight. Last week he looked very good. Tonight was one of the worst QBed games in MNF history. Sanchez was actually better in the butt fumble game. How sad is that 

Terrible game, no doubt about it, but let's all just step away from the ledge. If he doesn't improve next week, then maybe we can start sounding alarms.

17 minutes ago, ekill08x said:

Ahh I actually like them. I prefer we wear clown suits next week though. It’s more appropriate or maybe white on white on white so we look like ghosts and Sam f**king throws to the right team. Just a thought.

First time I laugh all night, good post

• Like 1

this team has no future as its constructed. we have to ride this out and try to develop Darnold but it really can’t be under this offensive staff. We need him to be who we thought he was or we are truly screwed. He showed an abundance of weaknesses tonight and it’s alarming but we have to get him back on track and maybe even change our game plan on offense. We need to figure out a way to run the football with the expensive RB we have. If we can’t what the point of having him. Go heavier on the line and pound the ball. Sam isn’t ready to carry this team. 

my god though is that ghost comment so effing bad. Don’t ever mic him up again. I have to admit I’m scared that’s going to haunt him for however long his career lasts. No pun intended. 

We need a serious haul of talent. We need draft picks. This is a result of years of Maccagnan drafting poorly and ignoring important positions. We simply lack the edge rusher to get to any QB. We have no CB talent. We have no OL talent. We have no WR talent. 

And I am not sold on Adam Gase. 

Now granted, this Patriots defense is playing like the best defense in the history of the game. But they were really bad today. Sam Darnold had the worst game of his life, probably gonna be the worst game of his career.

And can the NFL PLEASE STOP PUTTING THE JETS ON PRIME TIME. Especially can they PLEASE STOP PUTTING US VS THE PATRIOTS ON PRIME TIME. We always get blown out by them on prime time. 

This team was outcoached, out manned, and out classed by the far superior team. The Patriots probably are gonna win the SB, the greatest dynasty in sports. This Patriots defense has made every QB look like trash this year, they are too good.

Smh. There’s nothing positive to take out of this game, Darnold was horrible and Gase was horrible. Sams confidence is probably at an all time low and is something that’s gonna take awhile to get back, I understand Bill is something like 34-5 against QBs in their first 2 years but still I don’t think I’ve seen anything that horrible. The whole coaching staff gotta go.

• Like 1

I’ll tell you one thing...if a player could decline the 5th year team option...Jamal Adams would do it. 

Also, Robby Anderson really is just a one trick pony. Yeah he can sometimes beat people deep but his big plays are way too few and far between. We need upgrades literally everywhere. 

Leaving aside the talent and individual players, the coaching was wrong last night and you COULD HAVE made this a lot harder for us (when we had the ball).

Too many underneath receivers open with space in front of them, too many soft zones open, too easy to lose the coverage defender. Where was the aggressive, tight man coverage? 

Also, where was this pressure up the middle that we heard was coming from Q and L? It MIGHT have happened, if the receivers weren't open so quickly. More disciplined pass rush with tighter in-face coverage would have made this challenging. Thought you stopped the run very well, but it didn't matter - we just used quick passing as the run game.

I don't think you're as bad as this game suggests at all. 

Edited by Hunter2_1

3 minutes ago, Hunter2_1 said:

Leaving aside the talent and individual players, the coaching was wrong last night and you COULD HAVE made this a lot harder for us (when we had the ball).

Too many underneath receivers open with space in front of them, too many soft zones open, too easy to lose the coverage defender. Where was the aggressive, tight man coverage? 

Also, where was this pressure up the middle that we heard was coming from Q and L? It MIGHT have happened, if the receivers weren't open so quickly. More disciplined pass rush with tighter in-face coverage would have made this challenging. Thought you stopped the run very well, but it didn't matter - we just used quick passing as the run game.

I don't think you're as bad as this game suggests at all. 

We aren’t much better than this game that is for sure. We are poorly coached, our top picks aren’t developing, we lack real talent at the LOS on either side of the ball, we can’t cover and our “franchise QB” might never recover from this that’s how bad he looked. This has been the darkest of time for Jets football in a long time and last night was the apex of this pathetic era in our teams history. There is no reason for genuine optimism in the not so distant future. Miami will be better than us in a year or so. Be glad you have a competent owner and the absolute best HC/QB this game will ever see. We might have the worst of all three. The jets really are the most embarrassing team in all of football. Joe Douglas needs to start over. There is no coming back from this. 

I love how last week everyone was pumped now you lose and everyone says we suck. I know I'm right there with you. The biggest problem was Darnold just throwing the ball up for grabs. He has to know this is a VERY bad move. You also heave to remember that Sam does not even have a full season under his belt. He was trying to make plays when we could have been collecting FG to keep the game close. We really need CB I think. I think this and OL guys are our top priority. Roberts sucks as a CB and should be a CB 4 on a team not a 2. I'm also getting tired of Adams I know a lot of people like him but this was his day to shine and he did nothing. He loves to talk the talk but NEVER walks the walk. You run your mouth and you think your the best you better prove it or eat some crow. Jamal is eating crow for breakfast. 

I don't think this team is as bad as they played last night. If Sam would have taken a sack or threw the ball away the game would have been a lot different. No way you win a game with 5 turnovers. Those four Ints could have easily been avoided. I still think we are in pretty good shape. Gase should have pulled Sam in the 4th so he would not get beat down mentally. The kid is only 22 and still should be a starting QB in college. 

32 minutes ago, jetfuel34 said:

I love how last week everyone was pumped now you lose and everyone says we suck. I know I'm right there with you. The biggest problem was Darnold just throwing the ball up for grabs. He has to know this is a VERY bad move. You also heave to remember that Sam does not even have a full season under his belt. He was trying to make plays when we could have been collecting FG to keep the game close. We really need CB I think. I think this and OL guys are our top priority. Roberts sucks as a CB and should be a CB 4 on a team not a 2. I'm also getting tired of Adams I know a lot of people like him but this was his day to shine and he did nothing. He loves to talk the talk but NEVER walks the walk. You run your mouth and you think your the best you better prove it or eat some crow. Jamal is eating crow for breakfast. 

I don't think this team is as bad as they played last night. If Sam would have taken a sack or threw the ball away the game would have been a lot different. No way you win a game with 5 turnovers. Those four Ints could have easily been avoided. I still think we are in pretty good shape. Gase should have pulled Sam in the 4th so he would not get beat down mentally. The kid is only 22 and still should be a starting QB in college. 

What makes us in good shape? Serious question. And way too many shoulda could as or ifs. If he takes a sack...if he throws it away...if my aunt had balls she’d be my uncle. He should still be in college...sounds way to similar to Mark Sanchez and last night was worse than anything I ever saw from Sanchez and I promise you, nobody hated Sanchez more on here from day one than me. I’m not giving up on Sam yet but another game like this and we have to start questioning the direction and DEF should fire the HC.