Week 7: NE Pats vs NY Jets MNF

Bobby816

12 minutes ago, GangGreen420 said:

Why are people saying the defense played well?

The pats were up 26 or however much at the end of the first Q lol it was cruise control for them 

I agree we legit couldn’t stop them u less they dropped the ball. Jets need two new corners that can play man. We signed tru to play press...I haven’t seen tru press a single time since being here. He clearly can’t cover anymore but why not at least let him jam and see if we can at least throw the oppositions timing off. 

While I think the takes on here, like always, are emotional overreactions, i'd be lying if I said I didn't feel defeated as a Jets fan after last night. Quiet frankly, it's the most embarrassing/discouraging loss to date IMO (Amazing considering our rich history of failure). The way in which we lost, a historically bad performance from Sam, is the real killer in all this. 

His ability to throw in distressed situations without having to set his feet is a blessing and a curse, and we saw last night how relying on such a trait can be disastrous. I haven't lost any confidence in Sam going forward, but it's clear he has work to do. It's funny because I actually still believe we're going to rattle off a handful of wins in a row down the stretch, but until then, I've lost interest in this team. 

Adam Gase is now 24-31 as a head coach, with 24 double digit losses. Hmmm.. 

• Like 2

45 minutes ago, GangGreen420 said:

Why are people saying the defense played well?

The pats were up 26 or however much at the end of the first Q lol it was cruise control for them 

Exactly. I'm actually surprised Brady even played the 2nd half at his age.

Yikes that was about as bad as is gets.  Hope Sam can take something from the game and learn from the master that is Belichick.  

They brought their A game for sure.  NE was about as creative as I can remember on both sides of the ball.  Offense had our defense guessing all game and the defense was going as far as switching zone to man presnap after we motioned.  It was insanely impressive.  Time to buckle down and go on a run.  Nowhere will we see anything like them offensively or defensively the rest of the way. 

54 minutes ago, Hunter2_1 said:

Are you guys annoyed they let Sam be mic'd up and let it play in real time? 16 starts, against the best secondary he's seen, in PT -  I think I'd be pissed off with that as a fan. Not fair on Sam, IMO (I know he didn't HAVE to, but...)

Players are mic'd up every game, it's at the NFL's discretion to decide what tidbits to air. The fact that someone decided this was ok knowing exactly the type of reaction it would trigger is bull**** and like you said not fair to Sam or the organization. 

I hope, and based on Gases comments, expect the Jets to push back on cooperating with the NFL going forward. 

Edited by NJC33
  • Like 1

57 minutes ago, Hunter2_1 said:

Are you guys annoyed they let Sam be mic'd up and let it play in real time? 16 starts, against the best secondary he's seen, in PT -  I think I'd be pissed off with that as a fan. Not fair on Sam, IMO (I know he didn't HAVE to, but...)

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Hunter2_1 said:

They did him wrong. 

And you are right, the Patriots defense is playing like the best unit in history right now. We won't face a defense this good again, except the bills week 17.

I just hope he moves on and forgets this game.  Cause he should have many good games ahead lf him.  Him and the jets were not ready for this patriots team that has blown out every team except the bills only cause the bills also have a great defense. 

19 minutes ago, GangGreen420 said:

Wait, people really didn’t understand what Sam meant by “seeing ghosts?” Did they think he was seeing literal spirits or he meant “I’m so scared”??

LOL. Absolutely clueless

I think some people took it as he was seeing pressure that was non existent, when in fact it just means he was struggling to identify the looks he was getting. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, GangGreen420 said:

Wait, people really didn’t understand what Sam meant by “seeing ghosts?” Did they think he was seeing literal spirits or he meant “I’m so scared”??

LOL. Absolutely clueless

yeah the social media idiots really didnt get it. infact a lot of adults i know didn't get it either. to me, that was the most embarrassing part.

• Like 1