Thoughts on Ramsey trade?  

76 members have voted

1. 1. Thoughts on Ramsey trade?

• Both teams benefit on net
    • Both teams are hurt on net
    • Jaguars benefit Rams are hurt
    • Rams benefit Jaguars are hurt

3 hours ago, Jakuvious said:

I didn't like it when people were proposing the Chiefs give up two firsts for him, so I don't like the Rams doing it either, from their side of things.

Today shows why I love it. Elite players are worth their weight in gold. There aren't many in the NFL. Ramsey allows us to completely change our defense (well, Ramsey and trading Peters). You saw the culmination of that today. We were able to get out of the awful soft zones, rush the QB aggressively, and use the talent on the back-end to smother a talented Falcons passing attack. It was worth it. Our demise has been greatly exaggerated.

• Like 3

I wouldn't draw conclusions from a game against a terrible and checked out Falcons team. The potential fallout will not happen now anyway. For this season it will help though. Question is how much difference it makes as the Rams best case is likely a wild card spot so they would have an incredibly challenging road.

4 hours ago, SBLIII said:

I wouldn't draw conclusions from a game against a terrible and checked out Falcons team. The potential fallout will not happen now anyway. For this season it will help though. Question is how much difference it makes as the Rams best case is likely a wild card spot so they would have an incredibly challenging road.

Luckily, the Rams are better on the road ;)

But seriously, you miss one FG on national TV by inches and people want to bury you. GZ makes that and we are 4-2. The Rams O-Line has it's issues, but Darrel Henderson is getting more touches per game and we started a rookie at LG that looked very good yesterday. Atlanta's defense is putrid, but there offense was still top half in the league and we dominated them yesterday.

Jalen Ramsey changes the entire defensive scheme and will keep games closer allowing the running game to get going. SF kicked our a$$ and we'll see them against later in the season. Their defense is legit, but offense is just not good. They remind me of Chicago last year. The division is not locked up 7 weeks in I can assure you that. 

Edited by BStanRamFan
  • Like 1

6 hours ago, SBLIII said:

We'll see. The Niners schedule finally gets tough here - I don't think the Rams are out of the division race yet.

6 hours ago, FrantikRam said:

We'll see. The Niners schedule finally gets tough here - I don't think the Rams are out of the division race yet.

Way too early to assume anyone that's .500 or in that range to be "out".

Just in a tough situation and in a great division. Hell, the Cards are playing decent and aren't an easy W on the schedule anymore imo either now.

On 10/19/2019 at 5:24 PM, MookieMonstah said:

I don't think Jalen is a horrible teammate, but he certainly quit on his team in Jacksonville and guys have been vocal about it. Leonard Fournette tweeted some shade at him the other day.

It’s been proven those posts had nothing to do with Jalen. Fournette and Jalen are super close friends and Fournette has posted a bunch of stuff supporting Jalen after Jalen was traded. 

Several other players, including Telvin Smith and fellow DBs AJ Bouye and Ronnie Harrison have gone out of their way to post public praise of him after the trade. Not really the actions of guys who are upset with a guy for quitting on them, huh?

Dede Westbrook called a Jaguars fan “lame as hell” for suggesting that Jaguars players should be upset with Jalen. Again, after Jalen was traded. 

Despite all the claims otherwise, the players don’t view it the way people on the outside do. Because they know what happened to cause Jalen to want out, and many of them feel the same way. And that last statement isn’t speculation based on the above on my part. 

• Like 2

Definitely depended on who you talk about as far as players inside the locker room and how they felt. Not to mention Jalen was clearly not any kind of leader in the locker room which is always interesting when that player was elite.

Fournette and Bouye were/are best friends, so definitely don't expect them to talk too much ish on him.

On 10/20/2019 at 10:55 PM, jrry32 said:

Today shows why I love it. Elite players are worth their weight in gold. There aren't many in the NFL. Ramsey allows us to completely change our defense (well, Ramsey and trading Peters). You saw the culmination of that today. We were able to get out of the awful soft zones, rush the QB aggressively, and use the talent on the back-end to smother a talented Falcons passing attack. It was worth it. Our demise has been greatly exaggerated.

Falcons OL is terrible in pass protection, though.

Let's see how it goes going forward.

51 minutes ago, .Buzz said:

Definitely depended on who you talk about as far as players inside the locker room and how they felt. Not to mention Jalen was clearly not any kind of leader in the locker room which is always interesting when that player was elite.

Fournette and Bouye were/are best friends, so definitely don't expect them to talk too much ish on him.

In almost every situation, guys are going to be on both sides. And I’m sure some guys were frustrated with Jalen. It’s hard to believe that no one would think that he should just suck it up and play. But I’ve spoken to people with connections in the locker room, and from both of them, the consensus is very pro-Jalen, with several guys who have expressed their desire to play for another team as soon as possible, because they feel the front office has zero respect for them. I’m not going to name names, because it could be damaging for some of the players, so you’re gonna have to trust me on this one. Or don’t. But that’s what I’ve heard from people close to the players. If Coughlin is still around, you’re gonna see some guys you think are slam dunk re-signs leave the team and likely some surprising cuts from guys pressing their way off the team in the offseason.

And Jalen isn’t the first one to feel this way, either. Allen Robinson recently liked a tweet that said that Coughlin’s treatment of him is the only reason he’s not a Jaguar anymore. All of Telvin Smith’s recent social media posts suggest the reason he’s taking the year off is in at least part because of how Coughlin treated him; and Telvin was a leader on the team. Dante Fowler said some pretty scathing things about the team’s treatment of him after his exit. Malik Jackson expressed that he felt like he was being pressed out of the team during last season. Marcedes Lewis asked to be released because he felt disrespected by the way the team handled the TE position after he took a pay cut to stay with the team; Lewis was also another locker room leader. 

Also, from what I heard, Hayden’s comments weren’t to be taken as a guy mocking Jalen, but as a guy who knew that the situation wasn’t resolved and was doing a little wink and a nod to that. And at least one player is extremely frustrated that Oehser portrayed the locker room the way he did the other day.

It’s also worth noting that Marrone told Wigg that leaders on the team had approached him about this situation, but none of it was regarding Jalen - which seems to indicate that they’re talking to him about Coughlin. He also had that presser where he said nothing but good things about Jalen (which is to be expected and nothing should be read into a coach saying nice things about a player he may coach in the future) but expressed clear frustration with the way the front office was handling the situation.

So yeah, sure. There’s probably a handful of guys that felt Jalen quit on them. But as a whole, that’s not what the locker room thought, because a whole lot of those guys have seen themselves and others past and present treated like garbage to the point of not wanting to be there anymore. 

1 hour ago, pwny said:

It’s been proven those posts had nothing to do with Jalen. Fournette and Jalen are super close friends and Fournette has posted a bunch of stuff supporting Jalen after Jalen was traded. 

Several other players, including Telvin Smith and fellow DBs AJ Bouye and Ronnie Harrison have gone out of their way to post public praise of him after the trade. Not really the actions of guys who are upset with a guy for quitting on them, huh?

Dede Westbrook called a Jaguars fan “lame as hell” for suggesting that Jaguars players should be upset with Jalen. Again, after Jalen was traded. 

Despite all the claims otherwise, the players don’t view it the way people on the outside do. Because they know what happened to cause Jalen to want out, and many of them feel the same way. And that last statement isn’t speculation based on the above on my part. 

Okay. Players were certainly upset with him as someone else showed above, and I dont buy for a second Fournettes tweet didn't have to do with that. I'd like to see the proof stating otherwise. Ramsey might've had every reason to be upset with things behind closed doors...He still quit on his team and faked an injury to not play while his teammates busted their butts to try and get a result. Guys surely have supported him, but 0% chance their arent guys who are super upset with him.

17 minutes ago, MookieMonstah said:

and I dont buy for a second Fournettes tweet didn't have to do with that. I'd like to see the proof stating otherwise.

86LOIWw.png

the account is private, so the name is hidden. But there’s Fournette liking a tweet after his supposed shade saying that is is nonsense.

Plus there’s the following tweets:

Fournette wasn’t upset with Ramsey. You all need to stop reading into nonsense that isn’t there. 

• Like 1

59 minutes ago, pwny said:

In almost every situation, guys are going to be on both sides. And I’m sure some guys were frustrated with Jalen. It’s hard to believe that no one would think that he should just suck it up and play. But I’ve spoken to people with connections in the locker room, and from both of them, the consensus is very pro-Jalen, with several guys who have expressed their desire to play for another team as soon as possible, because they feel the front office has zero respect for them. I’m not going to name names, because it could be damaging for some of the players, so you’re gonna have to trust me on this one. Or don’t. But that’s what I’ve heard from people close to the players. If Coughlin is still around, you’re gonna see some guys you think are slam dunk re-signs leave the team and likely some surprising cuts from guys pressing their way off the team in the offseason.

And Jalen isn’t the first one to feel this way, either. Allen Robinson recently liked a tweet that said that Coughlin’s treatment of him is the only reason he’s not a Jaguar anymore. All of Telvin Smith’s recent social media posts suggest the reason he’s taking the year off is in at least part because of how Coughlin treated him; and Telvin was a leader on the team. Dante Fowler said some pretty scathing things about the team’s treatment of him after his exit. Malik Jackson expressed that he felt like he was being pressed out of the team during last season. Marcedes Lewis asked to be released because he felt disrespected by the way the team handled the TE position after he took a pay cut to stay with the team; Lewis was also another locker room leader. 

Also, from what I heard, Hayden’s comments weren’t to be taken as a guy mocking Jalen, but as a guy who knew that the situation wasn’t resolved and was doing a little wink and a nod to that. And at least one player is extremely frustrated that Oehser portrayed the locker room the way he did the other day.

It’s also worth noting that Marrone told Wigg that leaders on the team had approached him about this situation, but none of it was regarding Jalen - which seems to indicate that they’re talking to him about Coughlin. He also had that presser where he said nothing but good things about Jalen (which is to be expected and nothing should be read into a coach saying nice things about a player he may coach in the future) but expressed clear frustration with the way the front office was handling the situation.

So yeah, sure. There’s probably a handful of guys that felt Jalen quit on them. But as a whole, that’s not what the locker room thought, because a whole lot of those guys have seen themselves and others past and present treated like garbage to the point of not wanting to be there anymore. 

Oh, I'm not blaming Jalen totally in this situation. TC is clearly a cancer right now in this organization and is overstepping his role creating bigger issues. I fully expect him gone based on Shad being clearly frustrated with the situation, being more vocal, and TC not coming out to the media and talking after the deal took place.

Prisco who still has connections in JAX said on the radio last night that a lot of people in the locker room was fine with it the first week he sat out/had the injury, but got growingly frustrated and felt left out to dry by him after that though. Jalen basically being tongue in cheek in the Deion interview regarding the "injury" makes it worse.

Both are at fault in some way here imo, TC more so as he shouldn't be talking to players like that given his title.

Just my opinion.

Wish Jacksonville the best with those picks! But dawg a potential HOF CB whose just 24 is nuts. Those guys are worth their weight in gold! OH MY GAWD DAWG. Legit a man to man corner whose allowed to get physical and won’t be called much for DPI because of his name is huge. Specially when they play playoff teams. 

5 hours ago, pwny said:

I'm sure that is true. I'm convinced that you would never try to foist off your own speculations as facts on this forum.

3 hours ago, pwny said:

In almost every situation, guys are going to be on both sides. And I’m sure some guys were frustrated with Jalen. It’s hard to believe that no one would think that he should just suck it up and play. But I’ve spoken to people with connections in the locker room, and from both of them, the consensus is very pro-Jalen, with several guys who have expressed their desire to play for another team as soon as possible, because they feel the front office has zero respect for them. I’m not going to name names, because it could be damaging for some of the players, so you’re gonna have to trust me on this one. Or don’t. But that’s what I’ve heard from people close to the players.

Well, now, I imagine there are the doubters who would say this smacks of the usual Media-Speak of citing unnamed "sources" and "insiders" as incontrovertible proof- if not something that can be verified, or disproven- of the agenda they are trying to foster. But not me. I consider you a poster of the highest standards of integrity and veracity. I believe that when you write this you are acting solely in the interests of Truth, and impartial Fairness. I would never accuse you of homer bias, man-love for Jaguar players, or a fandom-distorted viewpoint. I trust you when you say you have as sources persons with lockerroom access and intimate acquaintance with the players.

Rather, since this is so, could you speak to your sources and via them provide some Insider Information on the chances of Tom Coughlin- apparently the ruin of so many fine young players- being dismissed by Owner Khan, if not immediately, then perhaps in the off-season? What do your contacts say?

Image result for Jalen Ramsey