the peck boys versus the kizer 2019 exclusive (MNF): the inaugural damarea crockett showcase + return of incomparable tony brown part TROIS

FinneasGage

i'm tired of this  

50 members have voted

1. 1. whos gonna make sure nothing bad happens to the cheese

1 hour ago, AlexGreen#20 said:

Because the other football team  that I had expectations for in this godforsaken state just shot their own **** off. 

You can't be too shocked. I set my watch by the Badgers crapping the bed. I'm sure Barry and the boosters are more than happy with the success of Badger athletics while playing by the rules. The next jump is a big and dangerous one I don't foresee them taking anytime soon.

5 minutes ago, Golfman said:

The SEC gets almost twice as many players drafted than the Big 10 every year but the Big Ten is an equal conference. OK, I have no more to add to this debate. 

That's not true, it's typically around 50% more. It's usually like 16 players more over a 14 team conference. 

6 hours ago, wgbeethree said:

I've seen articles in the past based both on VTS and just straight up. Personally I feel VTS makes more sense to look at because it factors in how good the traveling team is vs. how good the opponent is which I feel is an important part to consider. If you take the Cardinals or Raiders or Jets or Dolphins over the last couple years for instance the reason they lose when traveling has fair more to do with them just not being very good football teams far moreso than the travel IMO.

FWIW this really isn't a hill I want to die on. I'm not pounding the table for my opinion on this topic. I think the whole travel disadvantage in the NFL is much smaller now than it was in the past but I'm not investested enough to really argue viamently about or for it. 

I just try to stay away from the Western teams in an away game at noon.  The 3pm games there really isn't any extra advantage.  It also doesn't hold as much weight for me if the teams aren't similarly talented.    

This game should favor the Packers because of this factor.  I would be more hesitant to take the Raiders in this noon game than I would if it were at 3 pm.  

7 hours ago, TransientTexan said:

GB got some good mismatches on the edges. a strong pair of OT's vs. not much on the edge for Oakland. & GB's strong edge group vs. Oakland's weak OT's. just gotta make sure to not get gashed on the run. 

Has Trent Brown officially been declared out yet?

Okay. Today has officially been dubbed: "Set The World Right Day" as I just endured the most frustrating baseball series I can remember. The GBPs are tasked with holding serve and putting things back into place. Do it. Dont care how exactly. Just do it. 

12 hours ago, cannondale said:

You can't be too shocked. I set my watch by the Badgers crapping the bed. I'm sure Barry and the boosters are more than happy with the success of Badger athletics while playing by the rules. The next jump is a big and dangerous one I don't foresee them taking anytime soon.

It starts with getting a better QB. The Badgers won in spite of Hornibrook and I actually had to go look up who the current QB is because I didn't know. 

Paul Chryst needs to focus on recruiting a QB that's not a game manager and actually recruit WR's worth a crap. We will get the OL, RB's, and TE's naturally.

1 hour ago, Leader said:

Okay. Today has officially been dubbed: "Set The World Right Day" as I just endured the most frustrating baseball series I can remember. The GBPs are tasked with holding serve and putting things back into place. Do it. Dont care how exactly. Just do it. 

Did you? Your team was historically inept at the plate? 

13 hours ago, AlexGreen#20 said:

No, the SEC has one dominant team in Alabama. LSU and Georgia are as up and down as Wisconsin and Penn State. The difference is the media perception and the contracts in place with the television networks.

In 2014 OSU had 1 5 Star and 15 4 Stars. Michigan had 1 5 Star and 8 4 Stars

In 2015 OSU had 1 5 Star and 14 4 Stars. Michigan had 0 5 Stars and 6 4 Stars

In 2016 OSU had 1 5 Star and 17 4 Stars. Michigan had 1 5 Star and 13 4 Stars.

In 2017 OSU had 5 5 Stars and 14 4 Stars. Michigan had 2 5 Stars and 19 4 Stars.

The recruiting difference isn't that vast.  Certainly not enough to be explaining the absolute beat downs that have been occurring.

Florida isn't that good. Wisconsin has beaten LSU and Auburn the last times the two teams have played.

+++

A 23 on the ACT is the 70th percentile. That's Wisconsin's median. 

A 17 on the ACT is the 30th percentile. That's LSU's median. 

Wisconsin has the strictest academic requirements for athletes in the damn country. The only one close that's close to relevant is Stanford. 

I would LOVE to get the recruiting classes that OSU or Michigan get.  LOVE it.

6 minutes ago, ThatJerkDave said:

Did you? Your team was historically inept at the plate? 

Dont know. Were they? I know both the NYY and HOU failed miserably throughout the series with runners in scoring position. The character of the entire series could have / would have been changed - for either team - with more clutch hitting. 

9 minutes ago, Leader said:

Dont know. Were they? I know both the NYY and HOU failed miserably throughout the series with runners in scoring position. The character of the entire series could have / would have been changed - for either team - with more clutch hitting. 

The Cardinals were 172nd of 172 teams that have played at least 4 games in the NLCS, offensively.  We were something like 2-80 in the first 3 innings and hit .100 for the series with like a 47% strikeout rate.  THAT is frustrating.  

22 minutes ago, ThatJerkDave said:

The Cardinals were 172nd of 172 teams that have played at least 4 games in the NLCS, offensively.  We were something like 2-80 in the first 3 innings and hit .100 for the series with like a 47% strikeout rate.  THAT is frustrating.  

What this year? Those are some pretty nasty stats and were probably difficult to watch/live thru as a fan. I didnt pay much attention to what the NL was up to - other than to note the progression of scoring and that St.Louis wasnt doing a whole helluva lot after the Braves series. A tough way to end a season. No doubt. 

2 minutes ago, Leader said:

What this year? Those are some pretty nasty stats and were probably difficult to watch/live thru as a fan. I didnt pay much attention to what the NL was up to - other than to note the progression of scoring and that St.Louis wasnt doing a whole helluva lot after the Braves series. A tough way to end a season. No doubt. 

We were a mediocre offense all season, and met a very, very good pitching staff that coincided with a trough in our offense, which is a great recipe for futility.  And when some of our guys would make contact, it was liners right at a defender.  Very frustrating to watch.  That said, if you had told me in April that the Cardinals would make the NLCS, I would have gladly taken it, I thought for sure that we wouldn't get that far.