the peck boys versus the kizer 2019 exclusive (MNF): the inaugural damarea crockett showcase + return of incomparable tony brown part TROIS

FinneasGage

i'm tired of this  

50 members have voted

1. 1. whos gonna make sure nothing bad happens to the cheese

2 hours ago, JBURGE said:

Glad that you picked one game out of those 3 lol.... Technically KC is probably the "easiest" one of the 4 now that Mahomes will be out. 

Yes, I think a game in LA against the Chargers is a harder game than in Lambeau against the Raiders. 

Chargers game would be home game for Packers. I am pretty confident that Packers fans will be more than chargers fans for that game.

Just now, Jaire_Island said:

Chargers game would be home game for Packers. I am pretty confident that Packers fans will be more than chargers fans for that game.

Packers fans outnumbered Rams fans at the Coliseum last year. Rams fans dwarf the amount of Chargers fans so it’s going to be like Lambeau West in Carson. 

17 minutes ago, Jaire_Island said:

15 minutes ago, thrILL! said:

Packers fans outnumbered Rams fans at the Coliseum last year. Rams fans dwarf the amount of Chargers fans so it’s going to be like Lambeau West in Carson. 

Still 2 time zone difference and that is a difficult adjustment. 

2 hours ago, Golfman said:

Still 2 time zone difference and that is a difficult adjustment. 

I never understood people making a big deal about traveling time zones for NFL games. The games always start at the same time. 1EST ,~415EST, 820EST regardless of where there are played. The time zones have absolutely no affect.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, wgbeethree said:

I never understood people making a big deal about traveling time zones for NFL games. The games always start at the same time. 1EST ,~415EST, 820EST regardless of where there are played. The time zones have absolutely no affect.

I don't think the records necessarily bear that out. 

1 hour ago, wgbeethree said:

3 hour time zone change from west coast to east coast.  Game starts at 1pm EST and the west coast team body clock feels like it is 10am.  That body clock schedule has an influence.  

2 hours ago, wgbeethree said:

nah, circadian rhythms are a thing 

2 hours ago, AlexGreen#20 said:

I don't think the records necessarily bear that out. 

Pretty sure there is a discussion about this every few years. Don't know how the last couple years played out but I'm positive as of a couple years ago there was no major difference between how teams fared outside of their timezones vs. in them.

1 hour ago, squire12 said:

3 hour time zone change from west coast to east coast.  Game starts at 1pm EST and the west coast team body clock feels like it is 10am.  That body clock schedule has an influence.  

The games start at the same time every week. I'm absolutely positive every team has a schedule set to be ready for each of the different start times and has that put into practice all season long. It would be absolutely idiotic not to. 

I thought I read a couple of years ago that the effect on a time zone change was only for Pacific time zone teams traveling to play an early game at a Central or Eastern time zone venue.  Most of the teams in the Pacific time zone play in the afternoon game.  I don't recall if it was overall victories or just against the spread that was affected.  But I do believe in the advantage of the East team, IF the teams are evenly matched. 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, wgbeethree said:

Two or three isn't a big deal but 6 is.  When I went to Hawaii it was 6 hours (I'm in the EST).  I didn't feel it until the return trip back.

8 hours ago, wgbeethree said:

Pretty sure there is a discussion about this every few years. Don't know how the last couple years played out but I'm positive as of a couple years ago there was no major difference between how teams fared outside of their timezones vs. in them.

The games start at the same time every week. I'm absolutely positive every team has a schedule set to be ready for each of the different start times and has that put into practice all season long. It would be absolutely idiotic not to. 

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/west-coast-teams-trying-to-get-nfl-rule-passed-to-cut-down-on-early-kickoff-times/amp/