World Series: Nationals vs Astros

Spartica4Real

Long, long way to go with this. Nationals bullpen outside of Hudson and Doolittle is absolute garbage. I don't know that the Nats have the ability to use Corbin or Sanchez tonight. So if Stras gets chased before the 7th, the Nats are really vulnerable tonight.

I really found it interesting and exciting how Soto beat the analytics that the Astros clearly had laid out for him. Lately, it's been fastballs away and breaking balls. A lot of that had to do with Soto looking to pull everything. I'm not sure when this developed, because earlier this year (and last year too), he went to the opposite field really well. But when he hit that home run, the Astros made a conscious effort to go away from the fastball away and go to breaking stuff.

After Game 3 of the NLCS, Soto was really unhappy with his performance at the plate. So he stayed after with Kevin Long (hitting coach) to work on his approach, his swing, and, in particular, his approach to breaking balls. 

Oh and @Marcus21 CHOP CHOP!!

Edited by Slateman

If the Astros can do to Strasburg what they did to Scherzer last night I think they take tonight's game.  At some point they have to be able to hit with RISP though, it is unbelievable how much they have been pressing in these situations (main culprits are Bregman and Correa).  

Man, what a killer for the Astros.  You have the advantage of being able to use your DH; your unbeatable ace starting; and the ability to play on your home field.  And yet Juan Soto pisses all over that and the Astros lose.  This series is done if they lose tonight.

27 minutes ago, hrubes20 said:

Man, what a killer for the Astros.  You have the advantage of being able to use your DH; your unbeatable ace starting; and the ability to play on your home field.  And yet Juan Soto pisses all over that and the Astros lose.  This series is done if they lose tonight.

I'm so glad the Nationals got Juan Soto. I'm so ******* glad the Nationals got Juan Soto.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, animaltested said:

JUAN SOTO

THIS MAN IS YOUR FRIEND, THIS MAN FIGHTS FOR FREEDOM. FREEDOM FROM THE TYRANNY OF CHUDS, SPINRATE VOODOO AND MANLETS.

I agree with the premise, but we all know that it's pine tar causing the crazy spinrates, not voodoo.