World Series: Nationals vs Astros

Spartica4Real

3 hours ago, ramssuperbowl99 said:

Then Luhnow ate his own balls in the ensuing press conference.

Why didn’t they just go with the generic “we’re looking into this situation further before commenting” line instead of attacking the report?  That’s just terrible PR in general.

Despite being up 2-0, I really think tonight is crucial for the Nationals. Historically, Grienke owns the Nationals. I don't have a lot of faith in Corbin against the Astros and if you give them life here and let them go back to Houston, this thing is probably slipping through the Nats fingers.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Slateman said:

Despite being up 2-0, I really think tonight is crucial for the Nationals. Historically, Grienke owns the Nationals. I don't have a lot of faith in Corbin against the Astros and if you give them life here and let them go back to Houston, this thing is probably slipping through the Nats fingers.

MLB:

We can put some numbers to the Astros' chances. FanGraphs' postseason odds – which are powered by the ZiPS projection system -- estimate how likely each team is to win the World Series, and in how many games, based on game-by-game breakdowns of the pitching matchups, offenses and home-field advantage.

Here's how the Astros' comeback chances break down:

Astros win World Series: 25.7%
Nationals win World Series: 74.3%

Astros win in 6: 7.8%
Astros win in 7: 17.9%

Nationals win in 4: 22.7%
Nationals win in 5: 24.2%
Nationals win in 6: 17.2%
Nationals win in 7: 10.2%

After dropping Games 1 and 2 at Minute Maid Park, the Astros are projected with a slightly better than one-in-four chance of winning their second title in three seasons.

2 hours ago, Slateman said:

This is the most stereotypical fan post when you're up 2-0. Everything has gone perfectly so far, but this thing is probably slipping away unless you win tonight.

50 minutes ago, Leader said:

MLB:

We can put some numbers to the Astros' chances. FanGraphs' postseason odds – which are powered by the ZiPS projection system -- estimate how likely each team is to win the World Series, and in how many games, based on game-by-game breakdowns of the pitching matchups, offenses and home-field advantage.

Here's how the Astros' comeback chances break down:

Astros win World Series: 25.7%
Nationals win World Series: 74.3%

Astros win in 6: 7.8%
Astros win in 7: 17.9%

Nationals win in 4: 22.7%
Nationals win in 5: 24.2%
Nationals win in 6: 17.2%
Nationals win in 7: 10.2%

After dropping Games 1 and 2 at Minute Maid Park, the Astros are projected with a slightly better than one-in-four chance of winning their second title in three seasons.

Tell me about all the odds and chances that were written about before Tuesday night.

4 minutes ago, Slateman said:

Tell me about all the odds and chances that were written about before Tuesday night.

You can look them up on the Fangraphs playoff odds page by just changing the date. 72% Houston, 28% Nattitude

Which is more drastic than I would have guessed. Thought it'd be closer to 60/40. Fangraphs love the Astros.

Just now, ramssuperbowl99 said:

You can look them up on the Fangraphs playoff odds page by just changing the date. 72% Houston, 28% Nattitude

Which is more drastic than I would have guessed. Thought it'd be closer to 60/40. Fangraphs love the Astros.

Everyone did. Nats were massive underdogs.

3 hours ago, Slateman said:

It's Corbin vs a bullpen game for the Astros.  At home.  That's the game you should feel the best about, IMO.  

21 hours ago, ramssuperbowl99 said:

Thoughts and prayers, extra prayers on the side.

Dude will probably rant about PC SJW's ruining his career as he slides back into the six figure Chud-D-Bag-Dudebro finance world, getting high fives for his comments as he fails his way to the top. 

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, animaltested said:

Dude will probably rant about PC SJW's ruining his career as he slides back into the six figure Chud-D-Bag-Dudebro finance world, getting high fives for his comments as he fails his way to the top. 

I legit laughed out loud.  Very aptly put.