Denver trades WR Sanders to 49ers

RaidersAreOne

Just now, NinerNation21 said:

Good lord. He better be worth it. We're now missing our 2nd, 3rd, and 4th round picks this year. We're definitely not drafting in the first this year. Gotta trade down now.

I do agree that trading down would be in our best interest. 

Important to note the Scangarello, being OC in Denver, installed some of Shanny's stuff. He will be familiar with the routes / schemes and probably some verbage. Won't have near as many issues with adjusting to a new team as a lot of wide receivers do (hello Golden Tate) 

• Like 4

4 minutes ago, clarkfn2284 said:

Don't like what they gave up. He doesn't make the WR corps that much better and he doesn't change the game for you. I get that they needed to add something, but I'm just not happy with what they gave up. The team is very good, but they still need to add to it in the draft and now they are limited with what they can do.

Yeah but he is forsure the best WR we have 

5 minutes ago, clarkfn2284 said:

Don't like what they gave up. He doesn't make the WR corps that much better and he doesn't change the game for you. I get that they needed to add something, but I'm just not happy with what they gave up. The team is very good, but they still need to add to it in the draft and now they are limited with what they can do.

He's dependable, and that's a huge step for this receiver group to be honest. Right now we are living and dying on the basis that one of our 5 mediocre receivers will step up on any given day and have a nice performance. Adds some stability there, hopefully. 

I'd also say that he's decently better than anything we have, but that is opinion. 

• Like 1

Just now, Forge said:

Important to note the Scangarello, being OC in Denver, installed some of Shanny's stuff. He will be familiar with the routes / schemes and probably some verbage. Won't have near as many issues with adjusting to a new team as a lot of wide receivers do (hello Golden Tate) 

Yep, and should see decent playing time from the get go. It was a much needed addition period. And once we get our tackles back? The offense should get back to how it was playing in the beginning of the season. 

2 minutes ago, Forge said:

I do agree that trading down would be in our best interest. 

Something I brought up a few weeks back. Just makes too much sense and teams picking late in the 1st round are usually able to trade back.

I will say this though, I'm not TOO mad at not having the middle round picks since this roster is likely too good for a rookie to come in and contribute from day one, but we just have to hit on our early pick. Whether that be our 1st rounder or if we trade down in the 2nd. How we hit on these picks will determine the longevity of this run we are about to go on. 

He will make every young WR on your roster better; he's maybe the best competitor I've ever seen play for the Broncos.

I am gutted he's left but happy he's going to a good team. Genuinely might be John Elway's best Free Agent signing.

Oh, and he's got plenty left in the tank despite the Achilles injury. He took a back seat to Courtland Sutton for us but he showed plenty of his separation skills at the top of his routes, which is his best asset.

Good luck Manny!

• Like 3

So how many 2020 picks do we have now? I guess our 1st, Denver's 5th, our 5th, 6th, & 7th. 

5 picks, not much cap space...we needed those picks to replace aging players/players leaving in FA. 

Does Sanders add that much to our outside passing game that its worth a 3rd and swap of our 4th/their 5th? 

I'm guessing we release Jordan Matthews in the corresponding move?

• Like 1

1 minute ago, 49ersfan said:

So how many 2020 picks do we have now? I guess our 1st, Denver's 5th, our 5th, 6th, & 7th. 

5 picks, not much cap space...we needed those picks to replace aging players/players leaving in FA. 

Does Sanders add that much to our outside passing game that its worth a 3rd and swap of our 4th/their 5th? 

I'm guessing we release Jordan Matthews in the corresponding move?

If they believe they can win it all this year then yes.

Just now, Forge said:

Okay, so we are down to about 17 million next season with the rollover. We are going to have to make some cuts, give some extensions and maybe do a restructure or two. 

Let's not forget that we really only need to extend one of Buckner and Kittle in 2020. Everyone has been talking about both, but the other would be a 2021 franchise tag candidate with a longterm deal coming then with more space opening up by then.