Why was Haskins drafted in the first round?

viper952

6 minutes ago, thedorchannel said:

Forreal.  QBs need time too develop.   Its way too early to be making any judgement on his abilities.

If nothing isn’t there after the 2nd year, then I think that’s when it’s time to cut the cord. That’s how you end up with the Mariota’s, Jameis’, Tannehill’s, & Trubisky’s of the world.

People gotta stop being so hesitant.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Bonanza23 said:

But what if they are?

I don't care if you think they are, that's your opinion, it's not a fact, and we don't call people morons. 

2 minutes ago, Bonanza23 said:

Besides who was I calling a moron?  Can you cite any specifics?

Specifically the "instant gratification crew". 

We don't call people morons. If you have a problem with that, feel free to pm a moderator

2 minutes ago, Forge said:

I don't care if you think they are, that's your opinion, it's not a fact, and we don't call people morons. 

We don't call people morons. If you have a problem with that, feel free to pm a moderator

Ooo boy

13 minutes ago, thedorchannel said:

Forreal.  QBs need time too develop.   Its way too early to be making any judgement on his abilities.

If that is truly the case let fans know he will take time to develop and this is a pick definitely for the future. Also Haskins please don't make "The League Done Messed Up" type comments. 

3 minutes ago, Forge said:

Anyways you’re right. My apologies. Quick assessments despite not enough data is absolutely the way to go. Everybody deserves an ataboy, because it’s their right. 

My fault I thought we wanted better in here...

Just now, Bonanza23 said:

Anyways you’re right. My apologies. Quick assessments despite not enough data is absolutely the way to go. Everybody deserves an ataboy, because it’s their right. 

My fault I thought we wanted better in here...

Please feel free to pm a moderator if you have issues with the content of the board and want to discuss what you believe would be appropriate topics to have on this forum. I am always willing to hear feedback. I have no issues the thread as posted, regardless of whether or not I agree with it. 

Thank you in advance. 

1 minute ago, Forge said:

Please feel free to pm a moderator if you have issues with the content of the board and want to discuss what you believe would be appropriate topics to have on this forum. I am always willing to hear feedback. I have no issues the thread as posted, regardless of whether or not I agree with it. 

Thank you in advance. 

I don’t need to pm anybody. The thread is as usual in here knee jerk, too soon crap that doesn’t need discussed. Oooo boy a rookie qb struggling. 2 games in? The hot take garbage is exactly what it is, garbage. Do you deny it?

No clue. I had him as a Late 2nd. Draft Network boys had him as a 3rd, 3rd, and 4th. 

His balls float big time and his pocket presence is absolutely atrocious. And his deep accuracy... yikes. 

His main strength was his middle of field/intermediate accuracy, those were money. 

He was absolutely a 2nd Round Prospect at beat propelled up due to a weak QB class. 

Just now, Bonanza23 said:

I don’t need to pm anybody. The thread is as usual in here knee jerk, too soon crap that doesn’t need discussed. Oooo boy a rookie qb struggling. 2 games in? The hot take garbage is exactly what it is, garbage. Do you deny it?

My feeling on the thread is irrelevant. My problem in this thread is that you called people morons. 

End of story. There's nothing else to discuss. Don't do it. 

If you have anything further to discuss on the matter, pm me. You can also pm @ET80. We don't discuss how forums are moderated in thread but will be more than willing to listen to you there and discuss anything further. So with that said, the matter is closed and everyone can get back to the topic of the thread. 

• Like 1

@Bonanza23 - dude....take a breath, and move on.   Webby's forum, Webby's rules.    This isn't going to end well if it keeps going pubicly.  

FTR, I think the premise of thread is beyond ridiculous, but the line's been drawn.   I hear you, but trust me, let's move on.  

I say that as the team that has Drew Lock not even playing, and for whom GM Elway is thinking that he might not IR-recall him, so getting a FULL redshirt year... so clearly he's trash (I worry very much he will be, but that's not the point lol).

Edited by Broncofan
  • Like 4

5 minutes ago, Elky said:

Although I understand sitting rookies so they can learn, but it's very concerning that he can't start even though Washington's season is effectively over.

Certainly, but we've seen a couple of guys do that and turn out okay in the end. Alex Smith didn't get in until the season was half over and the 49ers were way out of it, and he looked miserable when playing to boot. Jared Goff sort of the same thing, though probably not as bad as Smith.