Why was Haskins drafted in the first round?

viper952

On 10/24/2019 at 7:46 PM, Bonanza23 said:

Instant gratification crew I guess checking in. 

When will you morons get the too early scenario?

On 10/24/2019 at 7:53 PM, Yin-Yang said:

Not ready his rookie season? Put a fork in him.

Yeah let's throw a rookie QB into a #1 rated Pats Defense coached up by Billie. Oh BTW our whole team is playing like trash. goodluck kid!

Someone trade for Haskins man. I feel bad for the guy. Get him outta there

• Like 2

On 10/24/2019 at 7:46 PM, Bonanza23 said:

Instant gratification crew I guess checking in. 

When will you morons get the too early scenario?

On 10/24/2019 at 7:53 PM, Yin-Yang said:

Not ready his rookie season? Put a fork in him.

I think the OP was asking why he was drafted in the 1st rd. how he has played this year has nothing to do w/ that. so that's one way the thread could go

On 10/24/2019 at 8:06 PM, ClutchDJ said:

I think a majority here had him QB1 over Murray & I struggled to find even one trait/ability I would give him the nod over Murray. Was wild.

This baffles me 100% if you watched tape on them. I had Murray as a Top 3 prospect in the whole draft and Haskins as a Late 2nd. 

What does Haskins do better than Murray besides intermediate-middle of field accuracy?

Pre Draft:

Pocket Presence - Murray, by far. Murray gets hated on for not being a pocket QB but his pocket presence was super legit and 2nd only to Ryan Finley. 

Throwing Power - Murray. Murray does have a stronger arm than Haskins 100%. Haskins arm strength is mightily overrated. Plus Murrays balls never hang like a lot of Haskins do. Murray had the best arm strength of all draftable QBs in this class. Tyree Jackson is not a draftable  QB. 

IQ - Murray here. Maybe not by much, but it’s still 100% Murray. 

Release - Murray had the best release of the class. Super fast and pops out like a rocket. 

Mobility - Murray, no brainer

Sack Evading - Murray, no brainer

Sideline and Deep Accuracy - Murray, by far. 

Under Pressure - Murray was the best QB in college football under pressure. Haskins was one of the worst. 

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, BayRaider said:

This baffles me 100% if you watched tape on them. I had Murray as a Top 3 prospect in the whole draft and Haskins as a Late 2nd. 

What does Haskins do better than Murray besides intermediate-middle of field accuracy?

Pre Draft:

Pocket Presence - Murray, by far. Murray gets hated on for not being a pocket QB but his pocket presence was super legit and 2nd only to Ryan Finley. 

Throwing Power - Murray. Murray does have a stronger arm than Haskins 100%. Haskins arm strength is mightily overrated. Plus Murrays balls never hang like a lot of Haskins do. Murray had the best arm strength of all draftable QBs in this class. Tyree Jackson is not a draftable  QB. 

IQ - Murray here. Maybe not by much, but it’s still 100% Murray. 

Release - Murray had the best release of the class. Super fast and pops out like a rocket. 

Mobility - Murray, no brainer

Sack Evading - Murray, no brainer

Sideline and Deep Accuracy - Murray, by far. 

Under Pressure - Murray was the best QB in college football under pressure. Haskins was one of the worst. 

Kyler’s pocket presence has been so so.  Granted the learning curve going from the best OL in CFB to maybe the worst in pro football is steep.  He’s left a lot of plays on the field by fading back instead of stepping up but there’s a lot of room for improvement which is exciting.  

There’s no way Haskins could’ve gone back after that Rose Bowl/50 TD’s but if he did he’d be the run away #1 pick and much better prepared for the NFL.

2 minutes ago, DirtyDez said:

Kyler’s pocket presence has been so so.  Granted the learning curve going from the best OL in CFB to maybe the worst in pro football is steep.  He’s left a lot of plays on the field by fading back instead of stepping up but there’s a lot of room for improvement which is exciting.  

There’s no way Haskins could’ve gone back after that Rose Bowl/50 TD’s but if he did he’d be the run away #1 pick and much better prepared for the NFL.

Haskins wouldn’t of picked anywhere near Tua or Burrow. This is beyond laughable. He’d be the 4th QB taken after Herbert. 

Stop looking at stats and literally watch and break down every play. If I hear 50 TD’s one more time...

Haskins isn’t half the prospect Tua or Burrow is and was absolutely not on Kyler Murrays level as a prospect. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, BayRaider said:

Haskins wouldn’t of picked anywhere near Tua or Burrow. This is beyond laughable. He’d be the 4th QB taken after Herbert. 

Stop looking at stats and literally watch and break down every play. If I hear 50 TD’s one more time...

Haskins isn’t half the prospect Tua or Burrow is and was absolutely not on Kyler Murrays level as a prospect. 

“Run away” was a bit string but I disagree that there would’ve been no room for improvement returning.  He was a 1 year starter in college and could’ve fixed some flaws.

1 hour ago, BayRaider said:

Feel bad for whomever gets Herbert. I have never seen it with him, tbh. I didn't last year, and in the brief glimpses this year, I haven't been in love (though I tend to most of my actual study during the off season, so this is just highly topical so far this year). 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Forge said:

Feel bad for whomever gets Herbert. I have never seen it with him, tbh. I didn't last year, and in the brief glimpses this year, I haven't been in love (though I tend to most of my actual study during the off season, so this is just highly topical so far this year). 

I have Herbert as my QB5 behind Eason and Fromm, but I know some teams will be in love with him (cough Denver cough) and he will go Top 10 and 3rd QB taken. 

Eason will he a big surprise in the NFL and if Fromm goes to Pats or Saints, their offense will hardly miss a beat. He’s a perfect fit for both those teams. Especially Saints. 

Edited by BayRaider

On 11/3/2019 at 5:07 PM, BayRaider said:

I have Herbert as my QB5 behind Eason and Fromm, but I know some teams will be in love with him (cough Denver cough) and he will go Top 10 and 3rd QB taken. 

Eason will he a big surprise in the NFL and if Fromm goes to Pats or Saints, their offense will hardly miss a beat. He’s a perfect fit for both those teams. Especially Saints. 

Eason a surprise? He was a top recruit who went to a top school and then lost his job to another top recruit due to injury. Everyone knows what Eason is and what he has been.