Week 9: VIKINGS (6-2) at Chiefs (5-3)

swede700

36 minutes ago, swede700 said:

I'm not sure there are many other teams that would get an entire segment on the local nightly news to complain about how an opposing team's fans took over a stadium, such as happened last night when I turned on the local KC news.  

As an FSU fan I hate that they do the tomahawk chop there. That's an FSU cheer and adopted by the Braves because Deion Sanders played for them. They deserved to drowned out using a cheer that wasn't given to them.

Just now, TENINCH said:

As an FSU fan I hate that they do the tomahawk chop there. That's an FSU cheer and adopted by the Braves because Deion Sanders played for them. They deserved to drowned out using a cheer that wasn't given to them.

My wife actually finds it offensive...and I tend to agree with her about that.   At the very least, it's in very poor taste.  So, I have no qualms drowning them out with the Skol chant.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, swede700 said:

My wife actually finds it offensive...and I tend to agree with her about that.   At the very least, it's in very poor taste.  So, I have no qualms drowning them out with the Skol chant.

Agreed!

1 hour ago, TENINCH said:

The irony is that the skol chant that would have been drowning them out is something the Vikings stole from an Icelandic soccer team.  Maybe fans of that soccer team are happy to have the Vikings skol chant drowned out by the tomahawk chop chant.

I wonder who the first team was to have cheerleaders dressed in skimpy uniforms. Do they get to complain about the many teams that have taken that? I suppose fans of that team can get behind the NFL teams without cheerleaders. Though I would rather see cheerleaders than blocks of Styrofoam cheese on people's heads.

42 minutes ago, Cearbhall said:

The irony is that the skol chant that would have been drowning them out is something the Vikings stole from an Icelandic soccer team.  Maybe fans of that soccer team are happy to have the Vikings skol chant drowned out by the tomahawk chop chant.

I highly doubt that, considering there was a contingent of Vikings fans that actually asked for permission to adopt it.

Edited by swede700
  • Like 1

On 11/5/2019 at 10:35 AM, swede700 said:

I'm not sure there are many other teams that would get an entire segment on the local nightly news to complain about how an opposing team's fans took over a stadium, such as happened last night when I turned on the local KC news.  

It should be noted that, tonight, on the news...mind you, this is 4 days later, they had another segment complaining about the Vikings fans taking over the stadium and that the Chiefs fans should stop selling their tickets. 

22 minutes ago, swede700 said:

It should be noted that, tonight, on the news...mind you, this is 4 days later, they had another segment complaining about the Vikings fans taking over the stadium and that the Chiefs fans should stop selling their tickets. 

Is that a common thing with the chiefs