Week 9 GDT: Titans(4-4) @ Panthers(4-3)

ttitansfan4life

Can I say again how thrilled I am with our kicking game this season. Succop isn't ready or he is done one. 

And we have to start wondering if Robinson deserves the job. He can build the best rosters but if he can't identify a head coach that can identify a good OC that can run a competent offense, then he can't be a GM. 

Vrabel is looking like a bad hire, mainly because he thinks Arthur Smith is the right choice at OC. 

• Like 2

24 minutes ago, KingTitan said:

Can I say again how thrilled I am with our kicking game this season. Succop isn't ready or he is done one. 

And we have to start wondering if Robinson deserves the job. He can build the best rosters but if he can't identify a head coach that can identify a good OC that can run a competent offense, then he can't be a GM. 

Vrabel is looking like a bad hire, mainly because he thinks Arthur Smith is the right choice at OC. 

The Succop thing is especially frustrating because it shouldn't be that hard to decide if he is ready or not. Either he can make the kicks in practice or he can't.

I will say I don't blame him on the 56 yarder - he's never been a power leg in his time here. He probably would miss that one at his peak. Just not a time in the game where we can take a sack. 

Honestly I have been a Titans fan die hard for over 18 years now. I began cheering for the team because of McNair.

In this many years as a fan, I can honestly say this is the lowest I have felt about this team ever. The funny thing is they aren't even a bad team, they aren't a good team they are stuck in this frustrating bi polar middle mediocrity. It is like being stuck forever in purgatory being a fan of this team. Never suck enough to get an elite player, never good enough to be a true contender. Drives me insane.

This team is yet to have a QB worth a damn since McNair. That is a huge problem it is a QB league. However, the one thing the Titans used to consistently have is a strong offensive line. That was one thing you usually knew even if it was only the bookend tackles. This team can't even do that. Jordan Phillips is right Lewan is a fake tough guy. Guy took two idiotic penalties in a row and that is one of our offensive leaders? Please. Also what the heck is with our kickers this year? Kicking has cost us two games and possibly a third today imo. Pathetic.

This team is a rudderless mess and Vrabel is a big part of the problem. They do the inverse of what they should do week in and week out. Just totally idiotic.

Time to blow this thing up if they lose next week. Only players who play a key role right now I would for sure keep to build around is Byard, Simmons, Landry, DaQuan Jones, Mack, Evans, Jayon Brown, Ryan, Henry, Davis, AJ Brown, Humphries, Jonnu Smith and Kern. The rest to me should all be up for debate.

Doubt the Titans win next Sunday and frankly I have never cared less for this team as it is clear they don't care enough with the inept coaching, offensive line and now suddenly suspect defense to make matters worse along with atrocious kicking.

This season goes south, no reason not to fire Vrabel and his moronic staff and if that means Pees too so be it. Such a let down this team is.

Edited by Titan89

i think the thing that makes it so much worse than even years like 2013-2014 is back then the team just sucked, and it was that simple. there was very little talent and nowhere to go but up. almost all teams have periods like that, and you just gotta hope you stack a few good draft classes and get it going.

right now we have a team that is probably the most talented it's been in a decade, and it's being completely tanked by bad QB play and what can only be described as coaching malpractice. the fact that we can all see that right in front of our eyes is, imo, way more dispiriting than anything that happened in our bottom-of-the-league years.

55 minutes ago, Titan89 said:

Honestly I have been a Titans fan die hard for over 18 years now. I began cheering for the team because of McNair.

In this many years as a fan, I can honestly say this is the lowest I have felt about this team ever. The funny thing is they aren't even a bad team, they aren't a good team they are stuck in this frustrating bi polar middle mediocrity. It is like being stuck forever in purgatory being a fan of this team. Never suck enough to get an elite player, never good enough to be a true contender. Drives me insane.

This team is yet to have a QB worth a damn since McNair. That is a huge problem it is a QB league. However, the one thing the Titans used to consistently have is a strong offensive line. That was one thing you usually knew even if it was only the bookend tackles. This team can't even do that. Jordan Phillips is right Lewan is a fake tough guy. Guy took two idiotic penalties in a row and that is one of our offensive leaders? Please. Also what the heck is with our kickers this year? Kicking has cost us two games and possibly a third today imo. Pathetic.

This team is a rudderless mess and Vrabel is a big part of the problem. They do the inverse of what they should do week in and week out. Just totally idiotic.

Time to blow this thing up if they lose next week. Only players who play a key role right now I would for sure keep to build around is Byard, Simmons, Landry, DaQuan Jones, Mack, Evans, Jayon Brown, Ryan, Henry, Davis, AJ Brown, Humphries, Jonnu Smith and Kern. The rest to me should all be up for debate.

Doubt the Titans win next Sunday and frankly I have never cared less for this team as it is clear they don't care enough with the inept coaching, offensive line and now suddenly suspect defense to make matters worse along with atrocious kicking.

This season goes south, no reason not to fire Vrabel and his moronic staff and if that means Pees too so be it. Such a let down this team is.

It has been a while since I've haven't cared about this team like this...

It just feels like you said... it just doesn't matter.

I think Vrabel can be made to look better if he had a better OC and QB.  I don't think any QB could make Smith look better. He just doesn't have it.
Coordinating this offense is too much for him. We have no flow.  We run the ball one time with our best back against a terrible run defense.

But we are going to throw long bombs to Sharpe. lol
I mean I literally laughed at this!  We have Derrick Henry against one of the worst Run defenses and we are throwing bombs to Sharpe!

I like 'scouting' so that is the only thing I'm looking forward too. I have no confidence we will select the right QB given our OC. But I guess it will be fun for me to try to pick who will be the best ones.

14 minutes ago, KingTitan said:

It has been a while since I've haven't cared about this team like this...

It just feels like you said... it just doesn't matter.

I think Vrabel can be made to look better if he had a better OC and QB.  I don't think any QB could make Smith look better. He just doesn't have it.
Coordinating this offense is too much for him. We have no flow.  We run the ball one time with our best back against a terrible run defense.

But we are going to throw long bombs to Sharpe. lol
I mean I literally laughed at this!  We have Derrick Henry against one of the worst Run defenses and we are throwing bombs to Sharpe!

I like 'scouting' so that is the only thing I'm looking forward too. I have no confidence we will select the right QB given our OC. But I guess it will be fun for me to try to pick who will be the best ones.

Agreed. I legit laughed too on that bomb to Sharpe. Why not Davis or Brown? Sharpe is a chain mover. Put players in the proper situations to succeed. This staff does not do that.

I feel so bad for Corey Davis and AJ Brown in this offense. In my opinion this is the most talented best wide receiver room we have ever had and it is wasted in this garbage offense.

Last week the Bucs can't stop the pass. I know let's keep running into brick walls. This week the Panthers can't stop the run. Let's keep throwing to put them off balance mentally?? This offensive staff blows my mind it's like what are they thinking?

It's not innovative, it's not deep. It sucks through and through their game plans every week are poor.

Edited by Titan89
  • Like 1

I’m just disappointed.

I guess the biggest thing is that I just don’t know how this team improves minus a complete coaching staff replacement. I just don’t see a roster with a bunch of holes that need to be fixed.

Probably two offensive linemen. Another edge rusher. Maybe a second tight end. And obviously the QB situation will need to be settled.

But I look at this team and compare it to past bad Titans teams. Or even average or above average teams. And the weaknesses just aren’t their like they used to be. Which is probably more disheartening. Especially when you factor in all of the upcoming contract situations.

If we are going to stick with this staff, I just don’t know how it gets better.

4 hours ago, KingTitan said:

How do you identify a good HC though? That's just as much of a crap shoot as drafting a QB, maybe even moreso, unless you get an opportunity at a retread like an Andy Reid.

Give me a GM who has proven he can draft talent and let him continue to search for a HC before going back to the debacle that was our front office pre-Robinson.

As far as Vrabel and below, I could care less at this point, cut them loose.  But please don't take away the guy who rebuilt the roster we're all saying is too good to be this bad.

You all know I don't like Smith, so this isn't me fighting for him, but it's hard to give Derrick Henry carries when you're at 2nd and 25 because you OL can't stop getting flagged. He had a big carry and it was brought back.

He absolutely should have had more than 2 carries in the first half, but part of that was a function of penalties putting our offense behind the chains. You don't want Derrick Henry carries and 2nd and 25 and you also don't usually get first downs off of that for more opportunities at his carries. 

I can just imagine the posts now when Smith feeds Henry on 1st or 2nd and long after the OL has been flagged twice.