Bengals benching QB Andy Dalton; starting rookie Ryan Finley

RaidersAreOne

Ryan Finley is better than Andy Dalton in almost every category (and I think Dalton is a solid QB). His mobility will help him with that line. 

I had Finley as my QB2 in the draft above Haskins, Lock, and Jones. 

His pocket presence, football IQ, and all ranges of accuracy are graded A+ for me. Best QB I’ve scouted in those departments since Wentz. 

I wish him the best of luck. That line is dreadful so I don’t expect All-Pro showings, but he’s gonna be better than Dalton. 

Edited by BayRaider

1 hour ago, bigbadbuff said:

They have to trade Aj Green. No way they are this stupid

They want a first round pick for him. They are totally that stupid and stubborn.

AJ Green's not going to be around to contribute consistently by the time the next QB matures, assuming the Bengals get that choice right, but who cares right?

Stuck in the dark ages as a franchise.

9 minutes ago, Magnifico said:

They want a first round pick for him. They are totally that stupid and stubborn.

I don't blame them. A few more years of high-quality play to aid in the development of a rookie QB is worth more than whatever teams are offering that's not a 1st round pick. I'll be happy if AJ retires a Bengal.

1 minute ago, SmittyBacall said:

I don't blame them. A few more years of high-quality play to aid in the development of a rookie QB is worth more than whatever teams are offering that's not a 1st round pick. I'll be happy if AJ retires a Bengal.

I honestly have fewer problems with them keeping AJ than I do with them keeping Dalton at this point. 

I'm excited. Any change is good for a typically ultra-conservative franchise. 

Ryan Finley looked good in preseason action. Most notably, he masterfully operated the pocket when protection collapsed. Which if any QB is going to succeed behind this line they need to possess this quality. 

My worry is that there is a chance Finley looks good and wins us 3 games, taking us out of the top 2-3 picks. I'd hate to lose out on Young, Burrow or Tua because of this.

I mean, Dalton isn't really the problem, but he's obviously not their longterm future. Might as well see what they have in Finley to see if he has any chance of being a franchise QB. Although he won't be given a great shot with that OL of theirs.

5 minutes ago, SmittyBacall said:

I'm excited. Any change is good for a typically ultra-conservative franchise. 

Ryan Finley looked good in preseason action. Most notably, he masterfully operated the pocket when protection collapsed. Which if any QB is going to succeed behind this line they need to possess this quality. 

My worry is that there is a chance Finley looks good and wins us 3 games, taking us out of the top 2-3 picks. I'd hate to lose out on Young, Burrow or Tua because of this.

Getting the #3 pick is the best case here imo. Chase Young is the best player in the draft and as you Bengal Fans know very well that I think Finley will be an All-Pro QB. 

Future looks bright for Cincinnati. 

4 minutes ago, Lilseb93 said:

That's going to be one of the most hilarious games in NFL history. They should make it a primetime game lol. 

Browns vs Steelers game at the end of the season from a couple of years ago might be the most hilarious and ugly game I've ever seen. Browns fans wanted Pittsburgh to win (strangely enough) to ensure we kept the #1 pick, but Pittsburgh played their backups. It seemed like neither team wanted to win the game. Ultimately we somehow lost (fortunately) to Pittsburgh's backups.

Good times.

Edited by DawgX
  • Like 1