AFC South Discussion Thread

.Buzz

Im the only one who thinks that if we face in the playoffs vs...

Bills, Chiefs, Ravens, Patriots: WIN (Patriots will be very very tough but i think that we have more possibilities than beat the Steelers)

Pittsburgh, Chargers: LOSE

Some way to not play vs Chargers and Steelers?

Edited by SpanishJaguar

On 12/12/2017 at 6:00 AM, JaguarCrazy2832 said:

They are finding a way to win. You can look at that in 2 ways

They have a negative point differential. They’re not a good team.

They’re 6-2 in games decided by 6 points or less. Winning close games isn’t bad, but being .750 in close games and having a losing record in games decided by more than 1 score basically means your record is better than your team actually is; that lucky bounces, penalties and minor mistakes are more likely the cause of the record than necessarily good play. And they’ve done so against a bad slew of teams. Pythagorean wins, which is an excellent predictor of long term success, says they should be ~6-7. Typically, coaching and Quarterback play can have an impact in those close games, but Malarkey and Mariota have been awful this year.

On the other hand, the Jaguars *should be* 10-3 according to Pythagorean wins. And we’re 2-2 in close games, effectively meaning we likely aren’t getting more lucky bounces than not in ways that impact the outcomes.

7 hours ago, SpanishJaguar said:

Im the only one who thinks that if we face in the playoffs vs...

Bills, Chiefs, Ravens, Patriots: WIN (Patriots will be very very tough but i think that we have more possibilities than beat the Steelers)

Pittsburgh, Chargers: LOSE

Some way to not play vs Chargers and Steelers?

I would much rather play anyone but the Patriots

6 hours ago, iPwn said:

They have a negative point differential. They’re not a good team.

They’re 6-2 in games decided by 6 points or less. Winning close games isn’t bad, but being .750 in close games and having a losing record in games decided by more than 1 score basically means your record is better than your team actually is; that lucky bounces, penalties and minor mistakes are more likely the cause of the record than necessarily good play. And they’ve done so against a bad slew of teams. Pythagorean wins, which is an excellent predictor of long term success, says they should be ~6-7. Typically, coaching and Quarterback play can have an impact in those close games, but Malarkey and Mariota have been awful this year.

On the other hand, the Jaguars *should be* 10-3 according to Pythagorean wins. And we’re 2-2 in close games, effectively meaning we likely aren’t getting more lucky bounces than not in ways that impact the outcomes.

I understand that and we’ve used it to defend our team before but i still think if Mariota gets healthy they will be a tough team to beat in TN

Edited by JaguarCrazy2832

15 minutes ago, VLoo said:

Just 1 loss from either will do for a bye. Both don't have to lose again.

both lose and its #1 seed i think assuming we win out.  we have the H2H with the steelers and i think we have the better confrence record then the pats. 

atleast thats what happened when i put us at winning both and both pats and steelers losing 1 game. 

Steelers face Texans and browns so not much hope there for us unless the texans go and try to show this week was a fluke and the browns while they seem competitive i just dont know if they will win vs the steelers.  Suprisingly the Browns only lost by 3 to the steelers week 1. 

Pats face the Bills and Jets. i could see the bills being the more likelier team to win then jets as i trust tyrod more then i trust petty. although the Pats Beat the bills (20 points) worse then the pats beating the jets(it was a td)

Edited by LinderFournette