Chicago @ Philly GDT, 11/3/19, 12 CT

beardown3231

Mental acuity is the single most important trait in any QB and the guys who don’t have it (e.g. Mitch) won’t thrive in any system.

Listen to Watson break down plays after the game. Not only does he remember details of each play but he thinks about the game at a high level.

You need the mental ability to even get a seat at the table. After that you think about designing your offense around what your QB can do physically.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Nads786 said:

I tend to agree with you. It makes me question the hire of Nagy. If Pace is in the building and working with Mitch, surely he would realize he doesn't have the ability to grasp such a complex offense as this one. Wouldn't it have made a lot more sense to hire a Shannahan style coach?

Look, whether or not the system is being catered to Mitch right now he is still missing the easy throws and is not seeing what's in front of him.  That is more troubling to me right now than saying we need to switch up the coaching/offensive system.  He is simply not making plays that are there for the taking.  I don't want to say he's a bust just yet because that is depressing af and I still want him to succeed but he is really looking like one right now.  

6 hours ago, Nads786 said:

I tend to agree with you. It makes me question the hire of Nagy. If Pace is in the building and working with Mitch, surely he would realize he doesn't have the ability to grasp such a complex offense as this one. Wouldn't it have made a lot more sense to hire a Shannahan style coach?

Trubisky knows the offense. Most likely, he knows it very, very well. He simply can't execute it a disturbingly high percentage of the time. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Heinz D. said:

Trubisky knows the offense. Most likely, he knows it very, very well. He simply can't execute it a disturbingly high percentage of the time. 

He does not process live information fast enough.

That is why it looks okay in practice and doesn’t in the game.

You can’t fix that. It is hardwired when you are much younger.