Chicago @ Philly GDT, 11/3/19, 12 CT

beardown3231

28 minutes ago, beardown3231 said:

Ever? Yes. Cutler, McMahon, Luckman, Kramer

I'm talking about like a top-5 or even top-10 QB. Only one was Luckman and that was over 70 years ago. Pretty terrible luck. The one common denominator? The McCaskey family.

Edited by topwop1

One thing from today's game that has stuck with me: coming out of halftime one of the announcers said they spoke to Nagy at halftime about Trubisky saying he told  Mitch something to the affect of "enough questions/talk, time time to perform". Mitch seemed to respond with a much better half but Nagy starting to distance himself. 

1 minute ago, dafreak said:

One thing from today's game that has stuck with me: coming out of halftime one of the announcers said they spoke to Nagy at halftime about Trubisky saying he told  Mitch something to the affect of "enough questions/talk, time time to perform". Mitch seemed to respond with a much better half but Nagy starting to distance himself. 

There was a moment in the 1st half where Nagy called Trubisky over and seemed to give him a lecture. He did not look pleased.

1 hour ago, topwop1 said:

Why cant they just ever get it where both sides of the ball are balanced? It's either the defense is good and offense is mediocre to downright sucky (most years) or the Trestman years when the offense is actually a strength but the normally good defense sucks. It's pretty damn annoying lol why oh why did I choose to be a Bears fan?!

His offenses were similar to Nagy's in that the first year they were pretty good the second year they were the opposite.

47 minutes ago, beardown3231 said:

Ever? Yes. Cutler, McMahon, Luckman, Kramer

All average QB's, the Bears have never had a good true franchise QB.

1 hour ago, abstract_thought said:

There was a moment in the 1st half where Nagy called Trubisky over and seemed to give him a lecture. He did not look pleased.

I'm at the point now where I think Chase playing and Mitch being benched actually makes sense if Nagy doesn't want to lose any credibility, or any more than he may have already with the players in that locker room. 

Mitch is only looking worse as each week passes.

4 hours ago, pigsooie5 said:

I was just talking to my Dad tonight and he asked “since you’ve been a fan, have the Bears ever had a decent offense?” Hit me in the face. Became an avid Bears fan at age 8 in 2001 and I can genuinely say in almost 20 years, NO. 

It’s heartbreaking because this was suppose to be it.

-GM we trusted

-Offensive head coach

-Highly drafted QB

This is what it is suppose to look like. 

Instead it all flames out.

9 hours ago, WindyCity said:

There is nothing left to do with Mitch he is totally broken.

The only reason he continues to play is to try and save some face for the GM.

A total and unmitigated Bust.

I also think Mitch is in the wrong system. It doesn't play to any of his strengths or weaknesses.  He can't read defenses nor is he comfortable in the pocket. He needs to be in a Shannahan style of offense with zone running, PA and getting out of the pocket. 

• Like 1

10 hours ago, WindyCity said:

There is nothing left to do with Mitch he is totally broken.

The only reason he continues to play is to try and save some face for the GM.

A total and unmitigated Bust.

I don't see the purpose of continuing to play him if you know you're moving on after this year because the more this ****show continues the more it costs Nagy any sort of credibility with the players in that locker room.  I don't know how you can continue to trot this poor excuse of an offense out on the field and expect the team to give it their all.

I am not a Chase Daniel fan but the team has won with him before as the starting QB and it might give the team a shot of hope/confidence going forward and more trust in Nagy.

28 minutes ago, Nads786 said:

I also think Mitch is in the wrong system. It doesn't play to any of his strengths or weaknesses.  He can't read defenses nor is he comfortable in the pocket. He needs to be in a Shannahan style of offense with zone running, PA and getting out of the pocket. 

If you cannot read defenses or handle pressure there is no system for you.

#firepace

Just now, topwop1 said:

I don't see the purpose of continuing to play him if you know you're moving on after this year because the more this ****show continues the more it costs Nagy any sort of credibility with the players in that locker room.  I don't know how you can continue to trot this poor excuse of an offense out on the field and expect the team to give it their all.

I am not a Chase Daniel fan but the team has won with him before as the starting QB and it might give the team a shot of hope/confidence going forward and more trust in Nagy.

I have no idea why they are sticking with him. He gets worse every time we see him.

The only reason I can think of is they are hoping magically something clicks.

29 minutes ago, Nads786 said:

See this is where it's all wrong.  QB's should not be molded to fit a certain system but instead the team should mold the offense based the QB's strenghts.  We've heard of the Texans doing this with Desahun Watson and clearly the Ravens doing it with Lamar Jackson also.

I'm not saying Mitch is any good but it appears they are trying to fit a square peg in a round hole.

1 minute ago, topwop1 said:

See this is where it's all wrong.  QB's should not be molded to fit a certain system but instead the team should mold the offense based the QB's strenghts.  We've heard of the Texans doing this with Desahun Watson and clearly the Ravens doing it with Lamar Jackson also.

I'm not saying Mitch is any good but it appears they are trying to fit a square peg in a round hole.

Mitch doesn't have a system.

He cannot read defenses, he is skittish around pressure, and he cannot throw accurately over 10 yards.

There is no system that works for that.

2 minutes ago, WindyCity said:

I have no idea why they are sticking with him. He gets worse every time we see him.

The only reason I can think of is they are hoping magically something clicks.

Well we are now going into the 2nd half of the season and it's time to switch things up a bit..  Whatever they have been trying to get out of Mitch up until now has not been working.  

This team certainly has it's issues but it's never too late to make a change.  I think that'll at least show the players and fans that they are aware there is a QB problem and they are working on correcting it.