Chicago @ Philly GDT, 11/3/19, 12 CT

beardown3231

6 minutes ago, WindyCity said:

Mitch doesn't have a system.

He cannot read defenses, he is skittish around pressure, and he cannot throw accurately over 10 yards.

There is no system that works for that.

Ok but why not call more designed QB running plays since Mitch is at least pretty decent at that?  I'm pretty confident that would move the offense better since it worked last year and now suddenly they stopped doing that.  Right now they are trying to make him a pocket passer and that's not what he is.  This is the frustrating part. 

Nagy is being stubborn trying to turn Mitch into something that he is not.  I don't know if that is ego driven or because he is being forced by upper management to try and develop him into a pocket QB but it's gotta stop.

Just now, topwop1 said:

Ok but why not call more designed QB running plays since Mitch is at least pretty decent at that?  I'm pretty confident that would move the offense better since it worked last year and now suddenly they stopped doing that.  Right now they are trying to make him a pocket passer and that's not what he is.  This is the frustrating part. 

Nagy is being stubborn trying to turn Mitch into something that he is not.  I don't know if that is ego driven or because he is being forced by upper management to try and develop him into a pocket QB but it's gotta stop.

He is not a QB.

Most teams are not calling designed QB runs with a QB who dislocated his shoulder.

2 minutes ago, WindyCity said:

He is not a QB.

Most teams are not calling designed QB runs with a QB who dislocated his shoulder.

Alright so we're on the same page, why do they continue to put him out there then if he can't even do the things he did well in the past?  They are making a fool out of everyone right now.  Nagy looks like an idiot, Pace looks like an even bigger idiot and Mitch is just getting more and more damaged.  This cannot continue much longer.

18 hours ago, Nads786 said:

I was honestly just trying to get his take after this game since he thinks Mitch can be salvaged.

What's to be said... he played like crap. 9 ******* yards of offense in the first half? Brutal. You're not going to win many, if any, games playing like that.

Good news for those that want the kid gone is that the remained of the season might be his swan song.

Edited by G08

18 hours ago, WindyCity said:

Welcome to the dark side.

Over rated talent and some just horrible positions

Poorly coached and undisciplined

Bad QB

Its all broken.

Yup. Was hoping to see some semblance of the offense coming together.... looked a little better in the second half... but still. Need a ******* stop in the 4th quarter and we can't do it. Need to score to take the lead and can't do it. Just pure unabashed garbage.

18 hours ago, beardown3231 said:

Yeah say more dumb **** and then make reference to all of it throughout the week in an attempt to "win" the argument

Say more dumb **** like a QB was throwing side-arm? xD  You can bash me for trying to believe in our QB, but don't discount that you literally don't know what a side-arm throw is lol

• Like 1

14 hours ago, topwop1 said:

Why cant they just ever get it where both sides of the ball are balanced? It's either the defense is good and offense is mediocre to downright sucky (most years) or the Trestman years when the offense is actually a strength but the normally good defense sucks. It's pretty damn annoying lol why oh why did I choose to be a Bears fan?!

It's our curse. No other explanation.

18 minutes ago, G08 said:

Yup. Was hoping to see some semblance of the offense coming together.... looked a little better in the second half... but still. Need a ******* stop in the 4th quarter and we can't do it. Need to score to take the lead and can't do it. Just pure unabashed garbage.

He is broken beyond repair. His weakness are too many.

The offense was hopeless early. The Bears didn’t pick up a first down until 45 seconds remained in the first half. Coach Matt Nagy’s offense gained 9 total net yards on 20 plays in the opening 30 minutes. Only two teams have been held to 10 or fewer yards in a half over the last three years -- the Bears on Sunday and the Chiefs in 2017 when Nagy held the title of offensive coordinator, per ESPN Stats & Information.

I don't know whether to laugh or cry.

1 minute ago, WindyCity said:

We are getting to the point with the Nagy-Trubisky connection where I am willing to discuss Nagy's job security.

We have to remember Nagy is a pretty inexperienced play-caller, too. But Jesus... to be the only coordinator to have 10 or fewer yards in a half the past 3 years is pretty alarming.

5 minutes ago, G08 said:

We have to remember Nagy is a pretty inexperienced play-caller, too. But Jesus... to be the only coordinator to have 10 or fewer yards in a half the past 3 years is pretty alarming.

I know and I think he will be given time. But if he goes 4-12 with this offense I think we need to discuss whether he should continue and of course #firepace.

3 minutes ago, WindyCity said:

I know and I think he will be given time. But if he goes 4-12 with this offense I think we need to discuss whether he should continue and of course #firepace.

I think he needs to let Helfrich start calling plays. I mean what the hell at this point... hard to see it getting any worse (these words will haunt me).