Chicago @ Philly GDT, 11/3/19, 12 CT

beardown3231

4 minutes ago, G08 said:

I think he needs to let Helfrich start calling plays. I mean what the hell at this point... hard to see it getting any worse (these words will haunt me).

I think we need to see Nagy calling plays with Daniel at QB.

If the offense still is totally inept maybe the issue is the coach.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, WindyCity said:

I don't think you can do that... there's really no point if you look at where this franchise is right now. Nagy isn't going anywhere so Pace needs to see if anything can be salvaged with Trubisky before we go into 2020. Might have to change his approach to play-calling... it's damning to me that the I-formation has provided us some semblance of success and he's not leaning on that more. "They didn't bring me here to run the I-formation". Well, no ****, but we also didn't bring you here to get 9 yards in a ******* half.

4 minutes ago, GOGRIESE said:

He's got a 5 year contract. Nagy isn't getting fired. He's going to be given another shot at a QB and he should. 

Ok but do we trust Nagy to be able to call the right offense and plays based on what we've seen to this point?  This guy was supposed to bring vast improvement to that side of the ball and so far he's been a pretty large bust. 

11 minutes ago, G08 said:

I don't think you can do that... there's really no point if you look at where this franchise is right now. Nagy isn't going anywhere so Pace needs to see if anything can be salvaged with Trubisky before we go into 2020. Might have to change his approach to play-calling... it's damning to me that the I-formation has provided us some semblance of success and he's not leaning on that more. "They didn't bring me here to run the I-formation". Well, no ****, but we also didn't bring you here to get 9 yards in a ******* half.

If you've ever played competitive sports then you'd know that by continuing to start Mitch it could have very detrimental effects to the team and undermine the coaching staffs authority with the players in the locker room.

Nothing appears to be salvageable right now with Mitch.  I previously disagreed with @soulman regarding sitting Mitch on the bench stating that I didn't believe that would help matters because he needs the reps, but he may actually be right that if they hope to salvage anything remaining out of him that it would be best move him to the bench at this time to see if he learns anything before giving him one last shot to compete for the starting job in TC next off season with whoever else they bring in.

By continuing to start Mitch now Nagy risks losing his trust in players and pending FA's may not want to re-sign/sign here in the off season knowing that he's a joke.  This could be Nagy's career defining moment.

Edited by topwop1

12 minutes ago, topwop1 said:

If you've ever played competitive sports then you'd know that by continuing to start Mitch it could have very detrimental effects to the team and undermine the coaching staffs authority with the players in the locker room.

Nothing appears to be salvageable right now with Mitch.  I previously disagreed with @soulman regarding sitting Mitch on the bench stating that I didn't believe that would help matters because he needs the reps, but he may actually be right that if they hope to salvage anything remaining out of him that it would be best move him to the bench at this time to see if he learns anything before giving him one last shot to compete for the starting job in TC next off season with whoever else they bring in.

By continuing to start Mitch now Nagy risks losing his trust in players and pending FA's may not want to re-sign/sign here in the off season knowing that he's a joke.  This could be Nagy's career defining moment.

Playing a bust QB because the GM picked him high, while guys are getting hurt in ugly loses, is a great way to lose the team.

16 minutes ago, topwop1 said:

I get the logic, I'm just trying to look at it through Pace and Nagy's eyes. If the players have all lost confidence in Trubisky then yeah it makes sense, but I don't know if that's the case. They need to know at the end of the season if Trubisky is worth a damn, right now he has shown that he isn't. I think Pace will do everything he can to try and salvage this kid, right or wrong, and Nagy will have to follow suit.

We'll see what happens but benching him to go into 2020 with a huge question mark surrounding him is the worst scenario right now, IMO. Either he sucks and we move on or he shows promise and they commit to him. That needs to be answered by season's end if I'm the GM.

7 minutes ago, G08 said:

I get the logic, I'm just trying to look at it through Pace and Nagy's eyes. If the players have all lost confidence in Trubisky then yeah it makes sense, but I don't know if that's the case. They need to know at the end of the season if Trubisky is worth a damn, right now he has shown that he isn't. I think Pace will do everything he can to try and salvage this kid, right or wrong, and Nagy will have to follow suit.

We'll see what happens but benching him to go into 2020 with a huge question mark surrounding him is the worst scenario right now, IMO. Either he sucks and we move on or he shows promise and they commit to him. That needs to be answered by season's end if I'm the GM.

Trubisky is a lost cause.

We need to know about Nagy at this point.

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, WindyCity said:

Playing a bust QB because the GM picked him high, while guys are getting hurt in ugly loses, is a great way to lose the team.

Unless Nagy knows that he is a fraud and doesn't want to further expose himself by playing Chase knowing it could possibly blow up in his face even worse?  Maybe playing Mitch buys him a bit more time and he is just playing his cards right?  I mean I just don't know what to think right now.  Such an awful predicament this team is in and I have no confidence in anybody right now to fix it.

4 hours ago, G08 said:

When the Bears run the I-formation then they actually have a run offense and then they are able to have a play action pass off it. I also think that does help Trubisky out. The problem with the KC offense is that when the passing game doesn't work then there is no running game to fall back on so the entire offense looks bad.

3 hours ago, G08 said:

The Bears also have to decide if they are going to pick up Trubisky's 5th year option this off season. Pace really has no other options but to stick with Trubisky at this point because the Bears don't have many draft picks and are up against the cap. Trubisky will be back but will the Bears use a 2nd round pick on a QB.

21 minutes ago, TB 1 said:

The Bears also have to decide if they are going to pick up Trubisky's 5th year option this off season. Pace really has no other options but to stick with Trubisky at this point because the Bears don't have many draft picks and are up against the cap. Trubisky will be back but will the Bears use a 2nd round pick on a QB.

If there is someone they like they should, but at the same time don't just draft a QB to draft a QB. Make sure your head coach loves him. 

4 hours ago, WindyCity said:

Daniels CLEARLY looked better than Mitch against the Vikings and the Raiders. I think 24 points is our highest (offense only) the whole year.