Chicago @ Philly GDT, 11/3/19, 12 CT

beardown3231

24 minutes ago, WindyCity said:

They may have to.

What are the options?

Pace is going to need to sell some hope.

Depends on what happens the rest of this season, but short of Trubisky catching fire you have to bring in legit competition for next season. It's been discussed but the layup answer is Marcus Mariota. 

8 minutes ago, G08 said:

Depends on what happens the rest of this season, but short of Trubisky catching fire you have to bring in legit competition for next season. It's been discussed but the layup answer is Marcus Mariota. 

That is a weak solution.

Mitch doesn’t need competition he needs replacement.

Having to crappy QBs battle it out is not how you return to the playoffs in 2020. It is how everyone gets fired.

1 minute ago, WindyCity said:

That is a weak solution.

Mitch doesn’t need competition he needs replacement.

Having to crappy QBs battle it out is not how you return to the playoffs in 2020. It is how everyone gets fired.

I don't see it that way. I'm trying to be realistic and take everything into account, which includes politics and the GM and head coach wanting to save their ***. 

What this does is use 2020 as a bridge. If we suck that year, we'll have a high draft pick in 2021, we'll finally have a first round pick again and that's where you get your QB (Pace's words). 

Let's say Trubisky shows zero improvement the rest of this season... then what? You're not cutting him. You're not trading for Nick Foles. Teddy Bridgewater had some chances to go start for teams but told them he was good in New Orleans (won't shock me to see him be the heir apparent to Brees but that's another story). What then? Just draft a QB in the 2nd round and hope he works? What makes you think there will be anyone worth a crap there? 

Pace has enough clout in Halas Hall to draft another QB. I think he'll get that chance if Trubisky fails and I think ownership will let him give Trubisky every chance in the world to succeed. If he doesn't, Pace can say he tried but now he can "work with Nagy" to handpick their QB. 

7 minutes ago, G08 said:

I don't see it that way. I'm trying to be realistic and take everything into account, which includes politics and the GM and head coach wanting to save their ***. 

What this does is use 2020 as a bridge. If we suck that year, we'll have a high draft pick in 2021, we'll finally have a first round pick again and that's where you get your QB (Pace's words). 

Let's say Trubisky shows zero improvement the rest of this season... then what? You're not cutting him. You're not trading for Nick Foles. Teddy Bridgewater had some chances to go start for teams but told them he was good in New Orleans (won't shock me to see him be the heir apparent to Brees but that's another story). What then? Just draft a QB in the 2nd round and hope he works? What makes you think there will be anyone worth a crap there? 

If they suck again in 2020, everyone should be fired and Pace should not be allowed near a draft pick.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, G08 said:

Pace has enough clout in Halas Hall to draft another QB. I think he'll get that chance if Trubisky fails and I think ownership will let him give Trubisky every chance in the world to succeed. If he doesn't, Pace can say he tried but now he can "work with Nagy" to handpick their QB. 

“If” Trubisky fails? He is done a collapsed total bust. I am not sure what we need to see from him before “if” goes away.

It would further break my heart if ownership was fine with them wasting more time and games on Trubisky while we have a defense in place.

6 minutes ago, WindyCity said:

“If” Trubisky fails? He is done a collapsed total bust. I am not sure what we need to see from him before “if” goes away.

It would further break my heart if ownership was fine with them wasting more time and games on Trubisky while we have a defense in place.

For me, he's got the rest of this season to show something. Maybe Nagy alters his scheme, maybe Helfrich takes over as play caller and they get better results, etc. 

23 minutes ago, G08 said:

For me, he's got the rest of this season to show something. Maybe Nagy alters his scheme, maybe Helfrich takes over as play caller and they get better results, etc. 

They have done nothing to modify their scheme to suit Mitch. I can’t imagine any changes till after the off season.

28 minutes ago, G08 said:

There is no scheme altering that is going to change the fact that he can’t throw an accurate pass or read a defense.

Fatal flows. Not mid week corrections.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Nads786 said:

They have done nothing to modify their scheme to suit Mitch. I can’t imagine any changes till after the off season.

They have. They have dumbed everything down significantly and he still blows plays.

That play I posted is a simply bunch formation. He blows the read and then blows the throw.

Both are open and he misses both.

Jesus himself could call that play and it wouldn’t matter.

8 minutes ago, topwop1 said:

The tape never lies and it's not good man. Mitch is struggling to make the easy layups and he looks shell shocked.  Makes me sad to see as I'm having a hard time believing these types of issues are correctable. 

That miss to Burton over the middle by about 12 yards was as bad as I've seen