It’s Time

pnies20

Having Freddie give up play-calling to focus on HC duties doesn't due much for us as he's not a culture or program leader.

I find myself hoping we lose enough so that Freddie can be replaced, but fearing that even with the losing Freddie will still be our HC headed into next year.

For our next hire, I actually would like to go back to the College ranks to a Head Coaches that are elite program/culture leaders.

Matt Rhule has transformed and changed cultures everywhere he goes from Temple to Baylor. He's also attuned to having cutting edge offensive and defensive schemes around him.

If only we could get Urban Meyer in here just to set a tone culture wise that could be infectious in our locker room of alpha personality types.

Rhule/Meyer 2021. Let's do it.

47 minutes ago, Bonanza23 said:

How the freaking crap does backy have a thousand more likes than me? 🤷🏼‍♂️  For real do I need more edgy negative **** or what?

Less actual analysis? Less actual break down? More negativity?

Sigh, at least he’s not at @LETSGOBROWNIES level

Hater. You’ll never get to my level. 

Edited by sdrawkcab321
  • Like 1

10 hours ago, candyman93 said:

I don’t want to hear about our talent being overrated.

We have only 1 more win than the Dolphins who are purposefully tanking.

Just sat down in my classroom thinking the same thing.  You're going to get an electric football.  

That being said, do we really know what type of input (if any) that Monken is actually having?  Sure as heck looks like FK is calling the plays.  I don't know if I could even pick Monken out of a lineup.  

Monken is basically our equivalent of Queen Elizabeth.  Sure, it looks like she'd wield a great deal of power, but since UK is a constitutional monarchy, she doesn't really have much authority at all.  (Sorry, @Mega Ron for that suspect analogy.)

I'd like to see FK give up playcalling and be the head coach.  He's got more on his plate than he can handle, and being someone that has metaphorically bumped into FK when shopping for pants, lets just say that someone might just need to step in and tell him he's got too much on his plate.

5 minutes ago, Mega Ron said:

Offer Lincoln Riley a higher salary than any of our players to come in and do his thing

OSU is a better gig than here and he’s already making 6 million a year.

He could stay there, continue to get rich and eventually have a statue in front of the stadium or chase a few bucks and come here and likely be fired in 3 years.

Riley is a pipe dream.

• Like 1

I blame whoever is up in the box. What are they looking at? Unless Kitchens is just blatantly ignoring their advice, that's the person I want to blame. There are ways to get easy cheap offense. We make everything look so labored all the time.

Kitchens won't be our coach next year. There's never been a more sure-thing than that. We will be lining up a big-time name for this job and this time, I actually think we have enough talent to get the top candidate.

• Like 2