It’s Time

pnies20

3 minutes ago, BleedTheClock said:

I blame whoever is up in the box. What are they looking at? Unless Kitchens is just blatantly ignoring their advice, that's the person I want to blame. There are ways to get easy cheap offense. We make everything look so labored all the time.

Kitchens won't be our coach next year. There's never been a more sure-thing than that. We will be lining up a big-time name for this job and this time, I actually think we have enough talent to get the top candidate.

Freddie will take it on the chin for our performances, but the players have underperformed woefully.

You can only blame that on a coach so much.

Dorsey has some work to do as well.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

Freddie will take it on the chin for our performances, but the players have underperformed woefully.

Correct. The players aren't doing their jobs for the most part.

However, there are teams with significantly less talent that can score points.

Something is fundamentally wrong with this team and it starts with the head coach.

• Like 2

I blame Dorsey as much as Freddie. He's the one that allowed our young QB, who has clearly shown he's not ready to understand the intricacies of being a professional, to dictate the hire. If he was a proven 27-28 year old multi pro bowler, that's one thing, but seriously?

I blame Dorsey for the hire.

I blame Freddie for clock management, Baker's regression, and handling the personalities/effort of the team.

I blame Monken for playcalling, scheme, and the absolutely abysmal performances of our offense this year.

I blame Wilks for the embarrassment of yesterday against a rookie QB and his inability to consistently stop the run.

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, MWil23 said:

I blame Dorsey as much as Freddie. He's the one that allowed our young QB, who has clearly shown he's not ready to understand the intricacies of being a professional, to dictate the hire. If he was a proven 27-28 year old multi pro bowler, that's one thing, but seriously?

I blame Freddie for clock management, Baker's regression, and handling the personalities/effort of the team.

I blame Monken for playcalling, scheme, and the absolutely abysmal performances of our offense this year.

I blame Wilks for the embarrassment of yesterday against a rookie QB and his inability to consistently stop the run.

I don’t blame Dorsey for the hire tbh, it was a tough spot to be in.

If Freddie walks after all that success and Baker regresses anyway?  Jesus Christ Cleveland would be burning right now.

I do blame Dorsey for the makeup of the roster.  We’ve got a lot of sizzle and not nearly enough steak.  

• Like 5

40 minutes ago, MWil23 said:

I don't even think he did a great job with the roster honestly.  We hired a DC that uses 3 safeties and we only have 1 decent safety.  3/5 of our offensive linemen should be backups.  Gave away a good backup TE in Fells.  Personality wise we have a lot of guys who want to win, but they aren't composed when they are losing.  I mean we are 2-6 so every facet of our team can be scrutinized.

And the total faux pas with Duke Johnson, we could have really used that guy.

Edited by Rod Johnson

Kitchens should finish the year and then Dorsey needs to find a real Coach or step down.  Dorsey has made too many mistakes as the game seems to have passed him by.  I thought he was a solid evaluator but now believe otherwise.  He was let go in KC for two reasons: could not handle cap space and Reid wanted more control.

4 minutes ago, #32 said:

Kitchens should finish the year and then Dorsey needs to find a real Coach or step down.  Dorsey has made too many mistakes as the game seems to have passed him by.  I thought he was a solid evaluator but now believe otherwise.  He was let go in KC for two reasons: could not handle cap space and Reid wanted more control.

What is this based on?

13 minutes ago, #32 said:

This post is all over the place.

1 hour ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

I think part of the reason is that the players don't believe in him as a coach. Everything regarding football is a reflection of the coach, and the ones who are playing hard regardless of the situation are the exceptional ones we need to build around moving forward

3 minutes ago, MSURacerDT55 said:

I think part of the reason is that the players don't believe in him as a coach. Everything regarding football is a reflection of the coach, and the ones who are playing hard regardless of the situation are the exceptional ones we need to build around moving forward

Eh things like dropped passes, missed tackles, jumping offsides isn’t coaching as I see it.  No coach teaches those things or accepts them.

To me they’re lack of focus and execution by players.

If someone isn’t playing hard, they need to go.  That applies to now or any other time. 

TBH, I don't blame anyone for being incoherently angry as they want to right now. This is an absolute embarrassment TOP DOWN and plenty of blame to go around.

*Freddie looks like a bust

*Dorsey didn't assemble any meat on this roster in terms of addressing our obvious OL issues and our issues stopping the run, while adding "flair" at "luxury positions" and ignoring other areas of depth (DB, TE).

*Baker, aside from his regression, looks disinterested and pouts. He needs to be an in game leader. That's the only reason we drafted him #1 overall, was that "it factor" and "leader of men" montra. He absolutely BROUGHT IT last year, so I'm certainly not giving up on him, but it's make or break for him these next 24 games.

*Our defense can't stop the run and struggles to tackle consistently. This isn't all on Wilks, but some of it is. From a defensive gameplan perspective, he's been woefully outcoached against SF and Denver, not to mention arguably Tennessee as well.

• Like 2

34 minutes ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

I don’t blame Dorsey for the hire tbh, it was a tough spot to be in.

If Freddie walks after all that success and Baker regresses anyway?  Jesus Christ Cleveland would be burning right now.

I do blame Dorsey for the makeup of the roster.  We’ve got a lot of sizzle and not nearly enough steak.  

Yeah, Dorsey was in a tough spot. Would have been nice to keep Kitchens as OC, but that would have been unlikely. We probably would have went with an offensive minded HC like Stefanski or McCarthy, so they probably wouldn't have wanted to keep Kitchens on as OC so they could install their own offense. Therefore, it would have been risky parting Baker and the offense away from the guy who they had so much success with in the second half of last year.

Plus, was there any other coach that stood out as being a top choice? Riley and Campbell weren't leaving their college gigs. The forum was pretty split on Bruce Arians. I would have been cool with McCarthy, but most of this forum was against the idea. There was really no coaching candidate that clearly stood out as being a home run hire.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, MWil23 said:

TBH, I don't blame anyone for being incoherently angry as they want to right now. This is an absolute embarrassment TOP DOWN and plenty of blame to go around.

*Freddie looks like a bust

*Dorsey didn't assemble any meat on this roster in terms of addressing our obvious OL issues and our issues stopping the run, while adding "flair" at "luxury positions" and ignoring other areas of depth (DB, TE).

*Baker, aside from his regression, looks disinterested and pouts. He needs to be an in game leader. That's the only reason we drafted him #1 overall, was that "it factor" and "leader of men" montra. He absolutely BROUGHT IT last year, so I'm certainly not giving up on him, but it's make or break for him these next 24 games.

*Our defense can't stop the run and struggles to tackle consistently. This isn't all on Wilks, but some of it is. From a defensive gameplan perspective, he's been woefully outcoached against SF and Denver, not to mention arguably Tennessee as well.

We knew the OL could be a problem, but they played reasonably well once Freddie took over. Unfortunately both our OTs have gotten worse. Dorsey knows this which is clear by the fact that he tried to trade for Trent Williams. I'm glad the trade didn't go down, but he knows LT is a need and I'm sure that will be #1 priority this offseason for our roster. Agreed that he should have added more depth to areas like TE and safety. However, you can also only address so many needs in one offseason.

Our defense is just wildly inconsistent and I'm not sure if the players or Wilks deserve most of the blame. The defense goes from looking really good on one drive to looking terrible the next.