Make-A-Movie Draft Discussion Thread - Writeups due 12/9

rackcs

So basically we have remove him and give him 12 hours from last logon with time cut in half for each missed pick. I'm fine with either really as long as we come to a consensus.

Also if we were to skip him, I wouldn't assign him someone undesirable, I would just let him make those picks when he gets on based on what is left on the board.

Edited by rackcs
  • Like 2

1 minute ago, rackcs said:

So basically we have remove him and give him 12 hours from last logon with time cut in half for each missed pick. I'm fine with either really as long as we come to a consensus.

Also if we were to skip him, I wouldn't assign him someone undesirable, I would just let him make those picks when he gets on based on what is left on the board.

That works. I didn't realize this was an actual thing with him lol.

2 minutes ago, Dome said:

I like the idea of just passing him once we reach the deadline and letting him make picks at his own pace.

If we haven’t heard from him by the time we reach him again In round 3 we can probably just remove him

Sounds good. Judging by the 12 hour rule, he'll be there soon. At noon, we'll skip his picks and be back to @AlexGreen#20

Please don't forget to send out boards if you think you might not be around when you pick next. 

• Like 1

With the first round just about wrapped up here, what do you guys think were the worst and best picks so far?

As far as best picks go, I really like the Villeneuve pick. The man can do no wrong in my eyes right now and has already become one of my favorite directors. I think getting him so late in the first is good value.

1 minute ago, rackcs said:

With the first round just about wrapped up here, what do you guys think were the worst and best picks so far?

As far as best picks go, I really like the Villeneuve pick. The man can do no wrong in my eyes right now and has already become one of my favorite directors. I think getting him so late in the first is good value.

@bcb1213 getting a guy I almost took with my 3rd pick in Eastwood is a steal. He's a phenomenal director and can still act at a pantheon level at almost 90.

6 minutes ago, rackcs said:

I didnt like director picks honestly. Maybe its cause I'm not a huge fan of any directors in general, but I'd think you could get a good one any time

41 minutes ago, The Orca said:

I didnt like director picks honestly. Maybe its cause I'm not a huge fan of any directors in general, but I'd think you could get a good one any time

it really depends on the movie you want to do

sometimes you need a specific one sometimes not

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, The Orca said:

I panicked and did mine really fast.  Plus, there are really only two actors I reeeally want for this, and I'm pretty sure they'll both be available with my next two picks.  After that, it's just whatever.  I'm probably taking my lead last because so many actors could do it.

• Like 1