Packers dominate Seahawks - Postgame Talk

incognito_man

3 hours ago, eyecatcher said:

As good as the defense was, they still allowed 5.0 yards/ carry because of two big runs that shouldn't have happened. And they also allowed 11.3 yards per pass attempt on the heels of the one big play at the end of the 1st half.  I am excited at the prospect of how good this D can be but they can't continually give up big plays to teams.  It seeps that has been the norm for the Packers for a long time.  

9 points. 0 TDs. Yards don't win games. Points do.

We will win 100% of games if the Defense doesn't give up Touchdowns.

4 hours ago, eyecatcher said:

How good would TJ Watt look in Green and Gold?  Still wishing they would have grabbed him in the 1st instead of trading the pick.  

Watt had 7 tackles, 2 sacks, 1 Pass Defended and an INT.  Not a bad debut for the rookie

It looked like Kizer was throwing to Watt on the INT. There wasn't a Brownie in sight. And on one of his sacks he was up against Isaah Crowell and rookie David Njoku. The stat sheet looks a lot sexier then the performance on the field. And it was Cleveland.

3 hours ago, MNPackfan32 said:

Shout out to John Parry and his crew. Not *every" call went our way, but calling back that Pick 6 and tossing Jeremy Lane was very good of them. 

Yeah, that was just a brutal call. If it was anyone but Seattle I would have felt really bad.

3 minutes ago, packerrfan74 said:

It looked like Kizer was throwing to Watt on the INT. There wasn't a Brownie in sight. And on one of his sacks he was up against Isaah Crowell and rookie David Njoku. The stat sheet looks a lot sexier then the performance on the field. And it was Cleveland.

At that rate the Packers d-line didn't really do anything spectacular either.  It was against Seattle after all.  

Kizer was obviously trying to throw it over Watt to the receiver 10 yard further up field.  Watt made a really nice grab.  Cleveland is a professional football team that will win some games this year.

Morgan Burnett and Haha both played all 49 snaps on D.  (So did House)

Kentrell Brice played 47 of the 49 plays.  Looks like he is pretty much an every down starter and our 3 safety package is our defense. I knew we'd see a lot of it, but not exclusively.  Gotta be happy with the results so far.  :)

Josh Jones nor Marwin Evans played a snap of defense.  Also Rollins played 43 snaps and Randall 40 snaps. Kevin King 6 and Gunter 2.  That is a lot of dime defense, averaging 5.8 DB's per play.

7 minutes ago, BrettFavre004 said:

Kentrell Brice played 47 of the 49 plays.  Looks like he is pretty much an every down starter and our 3 safety package is our defense. I knew we'd see a lot of it, but not exclusively.  Gotta be happy with the results so far.  :)

Josh Jones nor Marwin Evans played a snap of defense.  Also Rollins played 43 snaps and Randall 40 snaps. Kevin King 6 and Gunter 2.  That is a lot of dime defense, averaging 5.8 DB's per play.

Burnett, Haha, House and Brice is a nice set of 4 to keep on the field. I'm a fan.

Let's not get to happy.  The Seahawks offensive line isn't very good, Wilson and Graham are the only real play makers of them.  Let's not start this top 10 defense stuff after game one.  It's only one game, lets see what they do with the Falcons next week.  I think Murphy did a good job.

Just now, jleisher said:

Let's not get to happy.  The Seahawks offensive line isn't very good, Wilson and Graham are the only real play makers of them.  Let's not start this top 10 defense stuff after game one.  It's only one game, lets see what they do with the Falcons next week.  I think Murphy did a good job.

Baldwin, Lockett and Carson may take offense to that statement.

If we win decisively we can't view it as a good win because Seattle line sucks. I don't get this line of thinking. On most of our defensive snaps we stopped that offense cold. There were a few lapses and Baldwin beat us a few times and Wilson with his legs as well. But all in all we stumped them pretty darned good. Let take that for exactly what is is. 9 points given up to a playoff team.

2 hours ago, BrettFavre004 said:

Not surprising given Seattle's crappy OL was able to be controlled by the GB DL.  Allowed GB to play nickel without getting gashed in the run game

I didn't realize that Brice was on that much. I hate watching games with lots of other people and another game on cause I can't pay as close attention. Interesting to see how run defense holds up with 3 safeties playing consistently against the Falcons, if we do that. 

1 minute ago, JBURGE25 said:

I didn't realize that Brice was on that much. I hate watching games with lots of other people and another game on cause I can't pay as close attention. Interesting to see how run defense holds up with 3 safeties playing consistently against the Falcons, if we do that. 

People talked to me nonstop. I about went insane. I usually stay home for that reason.

1 hour ago, jleisher said:

Did you just call Doug Baldwin a non play maker?!?!?!?!? O.oo.O

Archived