Packers dominate Seahawks - Postgame Talk

incognito_man

10 hours ago, Dubz41 said:

ARod was going to catch that guy on the INT until the shove. Watch it again

The alleged PI against Graham is a fabrication of the announcing team.  Watch it again.  Graham had BOTH of his hands on Brice's helmet holding his head down.  Graham didn't complain one bit, if it was so obvious don't you think Graham would've come up looking for the flag? Plus, the ball was four yards beyond the endzone.

Don't fall for Buck and Aikmen's slant on official's calls.

Notice how easily they disregarded the obvious horsecollar tackle where Montgomery might've scored if he continues to spin out of it.  Or the nonsensical OPI on Bennett.  There were plenty of bad calls all around.  

Do we know that Lane didn't throw a punch?  Bcuz they never showed he entire clip of their part of the play. They just kept showing pieces and then cut to the next play. I would think they'd review an ejection before finalizing it. 

8 minutes ago, thrILL! said:

Notice how easily they disregarded the obvious horsecollar tackle where Montgomery might've scored if he continues to spin out of it.  Or the nonsensical OPI on Bennett.  There were plenty of bad calls all around.  

Do we know that Lane didn't throw a punch?  Bcuz they never showed he entire clip of their part of the play. They just kept showing pieces and then cut to the next play. I would think they'd review an ejection before finalizing it. 

I've been saying this over and over. We never saw what actually happened.

1 hour ago, thrILL! said:

That was the correct non call on Montgomery.   Jersey grab and spun him.  Did not grab the inside of the shoulder pad.  At least from the replay I saw and what I understand the rule to be.

11 minutes ago, squire12 said:

That was the correct non call on Montgomery.   Jersey grab and spun him.  Did not grab the inside of the shoulder pad.  At least from the replay I saw and what I understand the rule to be.

Rule:

No player shall grab the inside collar of the back or the side of the shoulder pads or jersey, or grab the jersey at the name plate or above, and pull the runner toward the ground. 

2 hours ago, thrILL! said:

Yeah there were a bunch of bad and missed calls by the refs, like usual, but Buck and Aikman only made it a point to complain about them when they went against the Seahawks. 

16 minutes ago, incognito_man said:

No player shall grab the inside collar of the back or the side of the shoulder pads or jersey, or grab the jersey at the name plate or above, and pull the runner toward the ground. 

Grabbed the jersey, did not see him pull Montgomery toward the ground.  Thought it was more of a spun him side ways.  Maybe I just see that play as something that happens and no penalty there.  IF that was a GB defender against Procise/Baldwin/etc....most GB fans would have been pissed at a horsecollar call.

Thanks for finding the rule on that.

8 minutes ago, squire12 said:

Grabbed the jersey, did not see him pull Montgomery toward the ground.  Thought it was more of a spun him side ways.  Maybe I just see that play as something that happens and no penalty there.  IF that was a GB defender against Procise/Baldwin/etc....most GB fans would have been pissed at a horsecollar call.

Yep. I don't recall how it looked - i just wanted to drop the wording in for ya'all.

44 minutes ago, squire12 said:

yea imo, it would've been a very weak horsecollar call. Generally those happen with the defender trailing the ballcarrier & deliberately yanking straight down on the shoulderpad collar or jersey-neck. This situation was more a flailing defender flying perpendicular and trying to just grab anything, w/o any malicious intent as Monty is literally spinning like a top. He didn't even latch on all that firmly. I don't wanna penalize defenders for that. The rulebook already screws them enough as it is. 

9 hours ago, SpeightTheVillain said:

I also want to give a rare props to our training staff.

Looking at games across the league, players are cramping up left and right, including several Seahawks players.

I was admittedly pretty drunk but I don't recall a single GB player cramping. Good job with the fluids I guess.

The defensive players better not cramp up.  They were hardly on the field.  The offensive players would have an excuse.  40 minutes of possession will tire you out. ;)

Archived