Possible Coaching Candidates Now That Freddie Is Fired

cortes02

Man I am sick of the idea of keeping the wrong guy just for the sake of not firing people because we are consistently firing them. 

If you don’t do your job right you should be fired. How many games does it take for us to accept he isn’t qualified for the job. 

that’s a loser mentality. Let people suck because you want to save face

thats the dumb thinking that’s got us in this situation 

• Like 3

Just now, brownie man said:

Man I am sick of the idea of keeping the wrong guy just for the sake of not firing people because we are consistently firing them. 

If you don’t do your job right you should be fired. How many games does it take for us to accept he isn’t qualified for the job. 

You must be new around here. 

We repeat the process of firing sucky coaches and suits every 1-3 years around here.

What’s gotten us here is bad hires and more importantly a gavel of impatience and inability to gain cohesion. 

We’re eight games in. Freddie and co have sucked so far, but I don’t see anyone letting someone suck just to save face. Like I said, it’s eight games. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, brownie man said:

The thing that's interesting to me is 8 games as an OC last year going 5-3 with wins/success against mostly 4 really bad defenses (The Falcons Defense, The Bengals twice, and the Broncos who literally had 5 DBs injured including there backups backups going down in the game) was enough for people to "know" that Freddie was the right hire as a Head Coach

However 8 games this year are not. It's likely that success and another 5-3 or so record against even worse defenses will improperly restore people's belief in Freddie.

• Like 2

19 minutes ago, Mind Character said:

The thing that's interesting to me is 8 games as an OC last year going 5-3 with wins/success against mostly 4 really bad defenses (The Falcons Defense, The Bengals twice, and the Broncos who literally had 5 DBs injured including there backups backups going down in the game) was enough for people to "know" that Freddie was the right hire as a Head Coach

However 8 games this year are not. It's likely that success and another 5-3 or so record against even worse defenses will improperly restore people's belief in Freddie.

Exactly. 

I understand what we liked. 
1.  He got along with Baker. That’s hard to do. Baker is a little prick with a chip on his shoulder so getting someone to work with him was the number 1 priority. 

2. The offense was creative and everyone worked together. Guys like Perriman and Higgins even produced. So the traits of a well rounded play caller were there. 

so you’ve got good traits and chemistry with your hopeful star QB. It made sense. 

but the judgements of what makes a great HC you can’t tell until he’s in that position. Now we see his faults of being too friendly and the team doesn’t have his respect. We literally still need the nfl in penalties. He was too busy trying to be everyone’s friend instead of demanding excellence consistently. 

And he can’t go back now. You can’t try to regain that power. It’s already gone. They’re still wearing the stupid clown cleats and the wrong visors. 

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, brownie man said:

Exactly. 

I understand what we liked. 
1.  He got along with Baker. That’s hard to do. Baker is a little prick with a chip on his shoulder so getting someone to work with him was the number 1 priority. 

2. The offense was creative and everyone worked together. Guys like Perriman and Higgins even produced. So the traits of a well rounded play caller were there. 

so you’ve got good traits and chemistry with your hopeful star QB. It made sense. 

but the judgements of what makes a great HC you can’t tell until he’s in that position. Now we see his faults of being too friendly and the team doesn’t have his respect. We literally still need the nfl in penalties. He was too busy trying to be everyone’s friend instead of demanding excellence consistently. 

And he can’t go back now. You can’t try to regain that power. It’s already gone. They’re still wearing the stupid clown cleats and the wrong visors. 

Really good points on what exactly we liked.

I really have no clue where we go from here.

This season's been a total mess from top to bottom.

18 minutes ago, Mind Character said:

Really good points on what exactly we liked.

I really have no clue where we go from here.

This season's been a total mess from top to bottom.

Gotta fire him. You can wait till the end of the season if you want, but it just shows your accepting mediocrity for the sake of not firing someone who deserves to be fired. 

and it’s nothing against Freddie he’s just not the right fit for THIS team. Bad timing. 

Roll with Wilks have him get you through the rest of the season he at least takes the accountability for the defense. 

then you start from scratch with a new coach and ignite some urgency out of this team. Put everybody in check. Whoever is last in the league in penalties hire someone from that team. 

• Like 1

10 hours ago, brownie man said:

Gotta fire him. You can wait till the end of the season if you want, but it just shows your accepting mediocrity for the sake of not firing someone who deserves to be fired. 

Saying someone HAS to be fired 8 games in is asinine.  16 games is an absurdly short leash, some may say impatient, but 8 is something only a Browns fan would advocate.

Edited by LETSGOBROWNIES

8 minutes ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

Saying someone HAS to be fired 8 games in is asinine.  16 games is an absurdly short leash, some may say impatient, but 8 is something only a Browns fan would advocate.

Name one thing he has done in these 8 games to prove in the slightest bit he can do this job correctly. Please name one thing 

Just one thing please name one thing. I could really use it 

Edited by brownie man
  • Like 1

9 minutes ago, brownie man said:

Name one thing he has done in these 8 games to prove in the slightest bit he can do this job correctly. Please name one thing 

Just one thing please name one thing. I could really use it 

Bro you’ve gone off the rails on this and I’m not going to go spiraling down there with you. Youre jacked up on emotion and butt frustration and failing to apply any patience or logic.

Im not saying he should or shouldn’t be fired, but if he manages to right the ship the second half of the season he’s not going to be fired nor should he.

A season is 16 games.  He’s started off poorly, I’m not debating that, but if we fire a guy who gets us to 8-8 year one of his HC career we deserve another 30 years of misery.

If he continues to fail and we win 3-4 games?  Clearly he’s in over his head and we move on, but there no need to make definitive statements the first week in November.  Being impetuous and reactionary doesn’t earn you bonus points.

34 minutes ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

Bro you’ve gone off the rails on this and I’m not going to go spiraling down there with you. Youre jacked up on emotion and butt frustration and failing to apply any patience or logic.

Im not saying he should or shouldn’t be fired, but if he manages to right the ship the second half of the season he’s not going to be fired nor should he.

A season is 16 games.  He’s started off poorly, I’m not debating that, but if we fire a guy who gets us to 8-8 year one of his HC career we deserve another 30 years of misery.

If he continues to fail and we win 3-4 games?  Clearly he’s in over his head and we move on, but there no need to make definitive statements the first week in November.  Being impetuous and reactionary doesn’t earn you bonus points.

I agree with him tho. Freddie hasn’t done anything well. Nothing well as a HC or nothing well as the OC/playcaller. We could live with him doing well or better in one area or the other but he is struggling at all areas of the game and nothing really gives you any hope. Like at the moment I see nothing we could build off of. 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, buno67 said:

I agree with him tho. Freddie hasn’t done anything well. Nothing well as a HC or nothing well as the OC/playcaller. We could live with him doing well or better in one area or the other but he is struggling at all areas of the game and nothing really gives you any hope. Like at the moment I see nothing we could build off of. 

Which is why teams don’t make decisions at this moment, you let the season play out.

Weren’t you the one referencing the Colts early struggles last year like 2 weeks ago?

• Like 1

Beyond what’s already been mentioned, I said it before but what message do you think you are sending to potential free agents or coaching hires when you fire your head coach eight games into season number one? That would not be an appealing place for me to go as a neutral outside observer looking for a place to call home. So even if kitchens is not the answer, there are some people that would have an issue with such an early trigger finger. And I would be one of them.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, NateDawg said:

Beyond what’s already been mentioned, I said it before but what message do you think you are sending to potential free agents or coaching hires when you fire your head coach eight games into season number one? That would not be an appealing place for me to go as a neutral outside observer looking for a place to call home. So even if kitchens is not the answer, there are some people that would have an issue with such an early trigger finger. And I would be one of them.

Yeah canning someone at 2-6 after a brutal start schedule wise and not even giving that coach the opportunity to right the ship would be an awful look and should eliminate us from consideration by the top tier candidates.

If Freddie and company find a way to win 6 out of their next 8 games and finish 8-8, that warrants another year of at least Freddie staying. I'm sure Dorsey needs to tell him to hire a QB guy for Baker, you evaluate the offense as a whole, and you put together some pieces on the OL to help out, maybe add a TE as well, and you give those guys 2 full seasons and offseasons together.

8-8 is extremely disappointing, but not unforeseen IMO.

If the wheels fall off entirely to the tune of 4-12, then I think most people would understand a termination after an abysmal season with the talent this team has.