Possible Coaching Candidates Now That Freddie Is Fired

cortes02

3 hours ago, mtmmike said:

Ok bleed posted your arguments up on the big board make you case

Fire Kitchens. Hire Ron Rivera.

Draft a bunch of lineman on both sides of the ball.

@mtmmike dude seriously. Hire someone to proofread your posts. I get a nauseating headache trying to decipher literally every one of your posts.

• Like 3

@mtmmike 

hahahah ..... the framing of your "poll"/questioning about coach desirability is truly legendary...

I take it all back 

4 hours ago, mtmmike said:

How many people think if freddy goes and gets fired the browns job is the most desirable of coaching jobs.

So, you title the thread 'Fire Freddie" and then you proceed to ask people if our job is the most desirable... framing the question when bashing the browns is entertainment.

This is how you ask things so that you reduce to the extent that they can be reduced bias-confirming and/or biased responses

That slurred thread you created in haste was not going to cut it.

Mike.. the legendary troll... internet king.. first of his name.

Edited by Mind Character
  • Like 2

44 minutes ago, Mind Character said:

There's no better offense better suited for Baker and our personnel than a Run-first, zone run, play-action, explosive strike offense then the Kyle Shanahan offense.

indeed... Mike McDaniel is the one but I'd be down for Mike LaFleur.

Andrew Hawkins and Joe Thomas always talk about how amazing Kyle Shannahan was but beyond pleasantries what specifically he did to be an elite OC. 

Hawkins has then stated that McDaniel is "is just as brilliant and obsessive as Kyle when it comes to offensive football"

He also has Browns ties and was our WR coach in 2014 getting the most out of Taylor Gabriel, Andrew Hawkins, and Miles Austin.

Left with Kyle and has been elevating ever since.

Kyle Shannahan is not giving up play-calling on a full time basis but allows Mike and Mike to call plays some quarters and other games/situations not. Both co-lead offensive meetings with Kyle. 

I honestly don't know who's the better coach and don't know anyone a part of his coaching tree.

But Hawkins endorses him fully

Hopefully we can get one of those guys along with a vet coach and qb coach, but I really doubt we make a change and/or Dorsey opens up his search to the Mike Shanahan coaching tree.

I wonder if shanny will turn his disciples away from us, by all accounts he hates cleveland.

Imagine, us, zone run with chubb, hunt and a new rt. 

Obj would feast

• Like 2

47 minutes ago, BleedTheClock said:

Fire Kitchens. Hire Ron Rivera.

Draft a bunch of lineman on both sides of the ball.

@mtmmike dude seriously. Hire someone to proofread your posts. I get a nauseating headache trying to decipher literally every one of your posts.

Sorry but here in Jackson Wyoming I probably work 400 hrs in the next 21 days

10 minutes ago, Kiwibrown said:

I wonder if shanny will turn his disciples away from us, by all accounts he hates cleveland.

Obj would feast

I don’t know about you but as I look at the draft are team weaknesses can all be addressed thru free agency or thru the draft.

i apologized if my posting on this subject stumbled you

1 hour ago, Kiwibrown said:

Obj would feast

Oof.. somehow I have no idea but the idea that Kyle would turn them away from here didn't cross my mind until your post.

That might actually be a disappointing possibility.

D*mn it... yeah, you're probably right.

Maybe, the opportunity to be a full-time OC and the thought that they could get our offense playing so well that they'd turn the success into a HC job would be enough.

But ..sheesh... probably not.

Will be interesting to see what happens.

25 minutes ago, Mind Character said:

Oof.. somehow I have no idea but the idea that Kyle would turn them away from here didn't cross my mind until your post.

That might actually be a disappointing possibility.

D*mn it... yeah, you're probably right.

Maybe, the opportunity to be a full-time OC and the thought that they could get our offense playing so well that they'd turn the success into a HC job would be enough.

But ..sheesh... probably not.

Will be interesting to see what happens.

For an oc job i imagine they would block the interview and make him assistan hc/oc if they like him. 

10 minutes ago, hornbybrown said:

They don’t even have to make him OC to block the interview. They can just straight say no if it’s not a Head coach interview 

1 hour ago, Kiwibrown said:

For an oc job i imagine they would block the interview and make him assistan hc/oc if they like him. 

In this case, I actually think they couldn't block it because it would be a promotion.

Mike McDaniel's official capacity is "Running Game Coordinator" 

..and Mike LaFleur's official capacity is "Passing Game Coordinator"

So, as long as Kyle doesn't offer one of them an OC job at the end of the Season he couldn't officially block it.

He blocked LaFleur last year from joining brother in Green Bay because he was Wide-Receiver's Coach/Pass Game Coordinator and shared the pass coordination title with someone else. So, it was a promotion to be named full time pass game coordinator.

Eventually these guys are going to get a chance to go out on their own and after prolonged playoff run they'll probably get their chance.

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, hornbybrown said:

Who do you want?

The Head Coach is the Culture.  I'm against hiring the hottest name coordinator or an experience head coach if they do not apparently have the qualifications to be a high, next level culture builder.

Ultimately, what I want is a high-level teacher, thinker, leader, culture-builder, winning habits habits program-trainer, visionary, energy-giver head coach that thrives under adversity and can command respect from players.

The ability to hire a good-great OC, DC, and QB coach is also vitally important. As is the ability to hire and build a high level coaching staff that caters to our player strengths.

I'm not sure who that person is right now as I don't have the knowledge regarding which potential candidates  but the Haslams have the resources to search high and low for an individual with such qualifications. Resources, coaching search firms, and/ that identified Sean McDermott as a leading Head Coach candidate. Dorsey and the Haslam's have to work together to identify the best candidate with external resources helping Dorsey this time around more than last time.

I'd start with Ron Rivera, Josh Mcdaniels, Jim Caldwell, and go from there.

For OC, I'd start with Mike McDaniel and Mike LaFleur and go from there.