Possible Coaching Candidates Now That Freddie Is Fired

cortes02

2 hours ago, Bonanza23 said:

I really just don’t want Rivera. I’m serious when I say all of y’all will turn on him 8 games in. He may be able to change the culture. But he is not the guy to take us to the super bowl and win. That’s my main focus. I loathe mediocrity. LOATHE

I’ll take him. Too fast 

Hed be the best coach wed have since coming back

not that that’s saying much, but I think he’s the adult we need

who would’ve thought Gregg Williams would bring the discipline we needed but it worked. 

1 hour ago, pnies20 said:

I’d be willing to bet it’s mccarthy. Offensive “guru” to help our struggling QB and diva WRs.

Can we find someone to help us stop the damn run for once? Freakin hot garbage.

We have been bottom ten against the run since we came back in 99. Like how is that even possible? Surely at least a couple years we could accidentally be good vs the run

10 minutes ago, hornbybrown said:

We have been bottom ten against the run since we came back in 99. Like how is that even possible? Surely at least a couple years we could accidentally be good vs the run

I’d be willing to bet we’re a bottom 10 team in every category since we got back. Stopping the run is just one of many aspects we’ve sucked at. 

9 hours ago, Bonanza23 said:

I really just don’t want Rivera. I’m serious when I say all of y’all will turn on him 8 games in. He may be able to change the culture. But he is not the guy to take us to the super bowl and win. That’s my main focus. I loathe mediocrity. LOATHE

Rather get us a coach that gets to a playoff plateau than anything first...why do we think it will be easy for a new coach to come in and surpass a bunch of issues and milestones? We all thought Freddie could do that when we had playoff hopes and division winning hope all preseason  

we seriously need to walk before we run, hell we might not even be crawling. We’re still struggling to turn over and not crap up our backs 

5 hours ago, sdrawkcab321 said:

Guru who had a hard time winning with an all time great QB with his vanilla offense 

hard time winning cause he had crap defense every year. Only time they had a top10 unit was the year they won it all. Packers this year have a top10 defense, first time since ‘10

20 minutes ago, buno67 said:

Rather get us a coach that gets to a playoff plateau than anything first...why do we think it will be easy for a new coach to come in and surpass a bunch of issues and milestones? We all thought Freddie could do that when we had playoff hopes and division winning hope all preseason  

we seriously need to walk before we run, hell we might not even be crawling. We’re still struggling to turn over and not crap up our backs 

I know everyone wants to swing for the fences, but I’m with buno on this. Let’s first stop being the laughingstock of the league, a coaching carousel, the epitome of dysfunction.

Give me a proven guy who can lead an organization and just make things “normal” for once.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, pnies20 said:

I’d be willing to bet it’s mccarthy. Offensive “guru” to help our struggling QB and diva WRs.

Can we find someone to help us stop the damn run for once? Freakin hot garbage.

With all the former Green Bay staff that we currently employ, there had to be a reason that he didn't at least interview last year.  Dorsey and McCarthy must clash somehow, and Dorsey didn't want a strong minded HC to fight with over power.  JMHO

4 minutes ago, big poppa pump said:

With all the former Green Bay staff that we currently employ, there had to be a reason that he didn't at least interview last year.  Dorsey and McCarthy must clash somehow, and Dorsey didn't want a strong minded HC to fight with over power.  JMHO

I honestly think it was always gonna be Freddie and Dorsey didn’t have much choice.

Freddie had a rookie QB playing at a near MVP level statistically and our offense was 4th in overall DVOA.  You can’t let that guy out of the building, right or wrong.

With Freddie looking all kinds of incompetent this season, I think Dorsey can move on from him and pick the guy he wanted to hire last year if he had his choice.

2 minutes ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

I honestly think it was always gonna be Freddie and Dorsey didn’t have much choice.

Freddie had a rookie QB playing at a near MVP level statistically and our offense was 4th in overall DVOA.  You can’t let that guy out of the building, right or wrong.

With Freddie looking all kinds of incompetent this season, I think Dorsey can move on from him and pick the guy he wanted to hire last year if he had his choice.

I truly hope your opinion is more accurate.  I, however, think that Dorsey hired Freddie because of the fact he was making such a giant leap from position coach to head coach, and would not clash with him on personnel decisions.