Possible Coaching Candidates Now That Freddie Is Fired

cortes02

32 minutes ago, Mind Character said:

The associated/potential OC, QB Coach, and Defensive Coordinator are critical elements of a future HC hire.

In the spirit of discussing future coaching hires for the Browns, Who's the best combo staff based on who's reported to be their key assistants?

1.) HC: Ron Rivera; OC: Norv Turner/Scott Turner; QB Coach: Scott Turner; DC: Steve Wilks

2.) HC: Mike McCarthy; OC/QBC: Frank Cignetti Jr.; DC: Jim Haslett

3.) HC: Dan Campbell; OC/QBC: Joe Lombardi; DC: Mike Nolan

4.) HC: Kevin Stefanski; AHC: Brad Childress; OC: Kevin Stefanski; QB Coach: Bill Musgrave ; DC: Leslie Frazier

Whenever we think of names for HC, it's important to think about who's coming with them as principal members of the staff.

When taken together as a staff, it honestly looks different imo.

I was just going to mention Stefanski as a strong possibility. Reports are he was DepoDesta’s preference last off season and it was a close call. I was just reading a article on twitter about it. It also mentioned Dorsey wants to keep Freddie but Haslim is open to moving on. This same article mentions that DepoDesta may be gaining more power

• Like 3

7 hours ago, Mind Character said:

The associated/potential OC, QB Coach, and Defensive Coordinator are critical elements of a future HC hire.

In the spirit of discussing future coaching hires for the Browns, Who's the best combo staff based on who's reported to be their key assistants?

1.) HC: Ron Rivera; OC: Norv Turner/Scott Turner; QB Coach: Scott Turner; DC: Steve Wilks

2.) HC: Mike McCarthy; OC/QBC: Frank Cignetti Jr.; DC: Jim Haslett

3.) HC: Dan Campbell; OC/QBC: Joe Lombardi; DC: Mike Nolan

4.) HC: Kevin Stefanski; AHC: Brad Childress; OC: Kevin Stefanski; QB Coach: Bill Musgrave ; DC: Leslie Frazier

Whenever we think of names for HC, it's important to think about who's coming with them as principal members of the staff.

When taken together as a staff, it honestly looks different imo.

Norv is the exact kind of coach baker needs. He’s not going to take bakers diva attitude and won’t be afraid to ride him in camp. 

hell no mccarthy. Just look at Green Bay this year. How can anyone watch this team play this year compared to mccarthy years and want him? He’s like the mark Jackson of the nfl. 

I don’t see it with Campbell. Why does his name keep coming up? He didn’t do anything with the saints. Their success has nothing to do with him they were a well oiled machine years before he got there. 

stefanski interests me but I’m not crazy about going with the hot coordinator route. I’d rather have kubiak. He’s a proven coach. The Vikings offense took off after they hired him. 

5 hours ago, simonjr7 said:

Mind Character,  what a possible Josh McDaniels coach staff/pairing look like? I'm curious to see what you come up with

I don't know. The only person I've heard currently associated with McDaniels' next staff is Ben McDaniels - Michigan's QB Coach and Bret Bielema - Patriots DLine Coach. Outside of that I personally have no clue nor do I know anyone who has insights on that one.

Heading to the Colts, McDaniels' confirmed staff included guys like Matt Eberflus, Dave DeGuglielmo, Mike Phair, and Jerry Schuplinski with only Schuplinski and DeGuglielmoDo having readily apparent ties to Josh.

After backing out of the Colts HC position last minute and leaving 3 coaches stranded, it's hard to know who is and isn't willing to commit to working  with McDaniels.

Might some Dolphins coaches leave Brian Flores to join McDaniels in order to reset their coaching job security clocks? Out of the Patriots limited staff, who's still on-board? Who are the Eberflus and Phair type guys that McDaniels wants to work with that aren't on peoples' radars currently. 

It's an interesting one. It begs the question of how competitive his staff will be relative to other coaching candidates' lists.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, sdrawkcab321 said:

McDaniels would probably hire some patriots assistant to be his DC. Belichick jr is probably out of the question. Patricia could be an option if he got fired. 

also bob Wylie was on his staff in Denver. Could see a reunion if we hired him?

@MWil23, it's neck and neck. 

*Chiavertini nailbiter gif*