Possible Coaching Candidates Now That Freddie Is Fired

cortes02

2 minutes ago, sdrawkcab321 said:

OBR says Dorsey may move up and Wolf becomes GM

Was coming in to post the Lombardi tweet. Didn’t see the OBR stuff. I would actually love that move. I’m not afraid to lose Dorsey, but I’d hate Wolf to leave. He’s an up and comer. 

1 minute ago, Bonanza23 said:

Was coming in to post the Lombardi tweet. Didn’t see the OBR stuff. I would actually love that move. I’m not afraid to lose Dorsey, but I’d hate Wolf to leave. He’s an up and comer. 

This was in response to the Lombardi tweet. OBR posted this a few minutes later. The post goes on to say that Wolf would run point on the new coaching search and that he could potentially get a new group of coaches that Dorsey wouldn’t. I’m paraphrasing. 

I wouldn’t hate the move. As long as Wolf is as smart as we’ve been lead to believe. 

26 minutes ago, sdrawkcab321 said:

This was in response to the Lombardi tweet. OBR posted this a few minutes later. The post goes on to say that Wolf would run point on the new coaching search and that he could potentially get a new group of coaches that Dorsey wouldn’t. I’m paraphrasing. 

I wouldn’t hate the move. As long as Wolf is as smart as we’ve been lead to believe. 

I don’t want to believe it but the rumor that Dorsey hired Freddie because he didn’t want a more powerful coach scares me a little. I want the best coach available I don’t care who it is. 
If this is true I agree hopefully Wolf is as advertised and not just a long line of Brownsie moves. 

3 hours ago, Bonanza23 said:

3 hours ago, sdrawkcab321 said:

OBR says Dorsey may move up and Wolf becomes GM

This is absolutely freakin nuts if it means Dorsey is on the outs.

If elevated to President of Football Operations or something, then okay fine. Eliot Wolf is literally the last person within the organization that we'd ever want to run a coaching search. He's a scout much like Dorsey in that's where their skillset lies leaving them to struggle with other aspects of the GM role. The difference is Wolf is Dorsey with far less leadership and exponentially less interpersonal skills and 25 years less worth of knowledge and relationships. By most accounts of those that have interviewed Wolf, he is an unbelievabl brilliant, talented scout robot who struggles to develop relationships with players and co-workers and has serious concerns regarding his ability to lead a highly effective scouting department.

You should be very very afraid of losing Dorsey instead of losing Wolf.

Dorsey has a wide variety of issues, namely his blindspot for unreliable, oft-suspended football players and issues scouting OLineman.

However, you are out of your mind if you think Eliot Wolf is a better scout or GM than Dorsey. The same could be said about people that think John Dorsey should be fired.

He's the most competent GM this franchise has ever had.  His scouting eye is in the near-elite in the league. He knows how to run an effective scouting and talent acquisition operation.

Elliot Wolf interestingly enough was the main thrust behind the Austin Corbett pick and thought he could play Left Tackle as other regional scouts on staff have even publicly spoken about how Corbett was "Elliot's favorite" (they meant it as a positive about Austin and Eliot) saying such things freely shortly after the draft. Dorsey's problem is that he agreed with that assessment. Alonzo HighSmith was the primary force behind the Nick Chubb pick. A lot of the scouts in the room had Saquon Barkley and Rashaad Penny above Nick Chubb; however, Zo had Nick Chubb as the best RB in the draft even above Barkley.

Letting go or Firing John Dorsey would go down as one of the worst decisions this franchise has made in 12 years. There's a lot that I don't like or disagree with when it comes to John Dorsey but such a move would be utter insanity and replacing him with Eliot Wolf would be nonsense. Wolf is a talented scout, but he does not have the leadership, interpersonal/relational skills, leadership skills, and/or organizational skills to be a leading GM currently. His candidacy in GreenBay revealed a lot of interesting insights that have made their way to the scouting community about Wolf. He has a bright future as a GM and Executive scout in this league because of his positive attributes, but he has a long way to go before he's close to the level that Dorsey or other high-level GMs operate as second-nature.

If the Haslam's let go of Dorsey in order to elevate Eliot Wolf, the fans should go ape sh*t.

Edited by Mind Character
  • Like 6

4 hours ago, sdrawkcab321 said:

I’m afraid this could mean urban. Urb wouldn’t want to come somewhere that he won’t have power. With Dorsey out of the way it could make it more attractive to urb. I’m not sure how I feel about it yet. 

Giving Urban power at the NFL level is silly imo.

He’s never even coached at his level, like, at all.

This is Butch Davis 2.0 if Butch hadn’t actually had some useful NFL experience with a championship team.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

If they move on from Dorsey after an at least 17 wins in his 2 seasons, the NFL needs to remove Haslam.

I’m not even a Dorsey honk, but the constant change has to stop.

That said, if they do fire Dorsey, the only move I’m good with is finally realizing the smartest guy in the building should be running things and finally turn the team over to Depodesta.

I’d love that actually.  #bringbacksashi #returnofthenerds

3 minutes ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

That said, if they do fire Dorsey, the only move I’m good with is finally realizing the smartest guy in the building should be running things and finally turn the team over to Depodesta.

I mean Eliot wolf has the same institutional knowledge from childhood that shanny has. Rumor has it Dorsey isn’t getting fired just re assigned.  *shrug*

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

There is a rumour going around that DepoDesta is gaining in power. Dude is genius level IQ from the reports of those that know him. Makes smart people look dumb

3 minutes ago, mistakey said:

I mean Eliot wolf has the same institutional knowledge from childhood that shanny has. Rumor has it Dorsey isn’t getting fired just re assigned.  *shrug*

It’s an odd move then.

The only thing that makes sense is Dorsey and the organization think so highly of Wolf they don’t want to let him go and are willing to give him the GM position to keep him.  Of course that would require Dorsey to give up control, which hasn’t been his MO.... ever.. but who knows?

If they don’t like what Dorsey has done, you don’t promote him.

Idk....

4 minutes ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

It’s an odd move then.

The only thing that makes sense is Dorsey and the organization think so highly of Wolf they don’t want to let him go and are willing to give him the GM position to keep him.  Of course that would require Dorsey to give up control, which hasn’t been his MO.... ever.. but who knows?

If they don’t like what Dorsey has done, you don’t promote him.

Idk....

That’s the rumor - the first part