Possible Coaching Candidates Now That Freddie Is Fired

cortes02

25 minutes ago, Mind Character said:

HC: Ron Rivera

OC: Mike McDaniel -- OR -- Mike LaFleur

QBs: Whoever McDaniel or LaFleur want to hire approved by Rivera as long as that person is competent.

OL: Whoever McDaniel or LaFleur want to hire approved by Rivera as long as that person is competent.

DC/Assistant HC: Steve Wilks

DBs/Assistant DC: Perry Fewell

DBs: Who Rivera and Wilks co-approve of 

How do you justify keeping Wilks? I understand they've worked together, but I don't see how Rivera would want to keep that around...

Edited by New_Age_Dawgs
  • Like 1

Stomping for Freddies Head again......

I agree that after the Vote of confidence from the owners, he should have definitely come out with a win against a sub par arizona team....

The things that bothers me most, is that if we win the 2nd pitts game (who started a rookie QB known as the Duck) and a Arizona Cardinals team that is already auditioning for next year rolls.....we would own the 2nd Wild Card spot right now.

Now Freddie Deserves his share of blame....no doubt about it...but Did Freddie Fumble the Ball, Drop pass, miss a FG and give up 4 rushing TD's to bunch of JAG's (they made AZ look like OJ Simpson and the Electric Company)......we convert that FG, and we dont have that fumble RJS and get a FG from that drive, we score 30 and 30 should have been PLENTY of points vs the Cardinals and their RB and Oline.....

Freddie MUST make some changes this offseason, and he MUST improve the hell out of his HC skills set.....but I am down to give him year 2.

3308854.jpg

Edited by DaWg_LB.

Sorry guys sense Haslam has owned the team we have had interviews with one competent coach chip kelly.

Between the coaches that run a 3-4 and those that want to spend 5 number ones on ol  that list gets very small.

Do you guys want Rivera when he says he wont take the job unless mayfield goes and myles is not wortht the contract you would have to pay him

Those people that would insist on firing Dorsey name the coach that is not going to tear this team down to a 1 win team

51 minutes ago, New_Age_Dawgs said:

How do you justify keeping Wilks? I understand they've worked together, but I don't see how Rivera would want to keep that around...

Because it allows for an easier transition for Rivera. It’s a DC and a guy he can trust. Also Rivera can give him better and proper input. Something Freddie could never do

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, mtmmike said:

Sorry guys sense Haslam has owned the team we have had interviews with one competent coach chip kelly.

Between the coaches that run a 3-4 and those that want to spend 5 number ones on ol  that list gets very small.

Do you guys want Rivera when he says he wont take the job unless mayfield goes and myles is not wortht the contract you would have to pay him

Those people that would insist on firing Dorsey name the coach that is not going to tear this team down to a 1 win team

Why will Rivera want Baker gone or not want Garrett? Why would any coach do any of those things

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, brownie man said:

@DaWg_LB.

why exactly do you want to keep Freddie

like besides him having the job for only one year what makes you want to keep him?

Solid Question my Brother......

I fall in love with and out of love with folks a lot slower than most of the Brothers on this Board.

Based of his Track Record, from College to the Pro's, folks at the position he coached had career years (even up to Baker breaking Mannings rookie TD record). He has the FINEST Pedigree of any Coach we have hired in the past 10 seasons (who's daddy wasnt a GM or NFL coach himself). He worked his way up from Nothing....and I for one think we have that young HC with a current Offensive Mindset, match with some Old School way's about him.

I think it was a mistake him attempting to be a play caller AND HC in his FIRST season...and I think he has suffered at being as effective as he could be if he concentrated on one. I think a LOT of the problems he ran into this year, come from biting off more than he could chew. Learning how to run a coaching staff that experienced, a locker room with some headaches in it, no real Vet Leadership developed, and a MURDER's row to open the season with 5 our of the first 6 being playoff teams. Very few NFL coaches, even on teams loaded with talent and vet leadership, win in their very first season as a HC, as far as record is concerned. Not to mention the Injuries, and suspensions he's had to deal with....He's had his starting Secondary ALL healthy for ONE game this ENTIRE season, and his Recieving corps (TE's and WR's) healthy for 0 games this season (not making excuses)

This first season for Freddie reminds me of the first time I BBQ'ed ribs by myself....now my Pedigree is the youngest son of one of the best BBQ men ever to live in the Great State of South Carolina....but my first time running my own PIT.....it was not a Complete S.Show.....but it was not as good as I imagined it to be.....But my 2nd time doing it, after I figured out what I needed to work on, and that I needed to cook to my standards and not listen to how folks said I should be running the team. I brought in some experienced help where I knew I had learning to do, and my 3rd time running a Pit it was for a Commercial Event and everyone there was saying about my BBQ....."Yep this is DEFINITELY, Curtis's Son cooking on the Pit".

What if I was never allowed to cook BBQ again after my First time running my own Pit. What IF none of us were allowed to have sex anymore because we were not good the first time at it? (OK I threw that one in for S's and Giggles LOL)

IF he makes no Changes at all.....AND we have a stagnant offense, AND the D is giving up 4 rushing TD's to a Jabroni........this time next season....then I will be on the Maybe Freddie is just a Great Position coach and a Good OC...and there is nothing wrong with that.

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, DaWg_LB. said:

Solid Question my Brother......

I fall in love with and out of love with folks a lot slower than most of the Brothers on this Board.

Based of his Track Record, from College to the Pro's, folks at the position he coached had career years (even up to Baker breaking Mannings rookie TD record). He has the FINEST Pedigree of any Coach we have hired in the past 10 seasons (who's daddy wasnt a GM or NFL coach himself). He worked his way up from Nothing....and I for one think we have that young HC with a current Offensive Mindset, match with some Old School way's about him.

I think it was a mistake him attempting to be a play caller AND HC in his FIRST season...and I think he has suffered at being as effective as he could be if he concentrated on one. I think a LOT of the problems he ran into this year, come from biting off more than he could chew. Learning how to run a coaching staff that experienced, a locker room with some headaches in it, no real Vet Leadership developed, and a MURDER's row to open the season with 5 our of the first 6 being playoff teams. Very few NFL coaches, even on teams loaded with talent and vet leadership, win in their very first season as a HC, as far as record is concerned. Not to mention the Injuries, and suspensions he's had to deal with....He's had his starting Secondary ALL healthy for ONE game this ENTIRE season, and his Recieving corps (TE's and WR's) healthy for 0 games this season (not making excuses)

This first season for Freddie reminds me of the first time I BBQ'ed ribs by myself....now my Pedigree is the youngest son of one of the best BBQ men ever to live in the Great State of South Carolina....but my first time running my own PIT.....it was not a Complete S.Show.....but it was not as good as I imagined it to be.....But my 2nd time doing it, after I figured out what I needed to work on, and that I needed to cook to my standards and not listen to how folks said I should be running the team. I brought in some experienced help where I knew I had learning to do, and my 3rd time running a Pit it was for a Commercial Event and everyone there was saying about my BBQ....."Yep this is DEFINITELY, Curtis's Son cooking on the Pit".

What if I was never allowed to cook BBQ again after my First time running my own Pit. What IF none of us were allowed to have sex anymore because we were not good the first time at it? (OK I threw that one in for S's and Giggles LOL)

IF he makes no Changes at all.....AND we have a stagnant offense, AND the D is giving up 4 rushing TD's to a Jabroni........this time next season....then I will be on the Maybe Freddie is just a Great Position coach and a Good OC...and there is nothing wrong with that.

😤

34 minutes ago, BleedTheClock said:

I'm surprised you were able to decode his post. Kudos.

No new coach is getting rid of Baker and/or Garrett. That's ridiculous talk. Shame on anyone that thinks that's happening.

I am surprise that everybody wants to fire Freddy when he has a 500 record in are division.