Possible Coaching Candidates Now That Freddie Is Fired

cortes02

2 hours ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

It’s gonna be McDaniels, just prepare yourselves.

Jimmy has wanted him forever apparently and he’s gonna get his way after Freddie.

And you think we are complaining about running the ball now....tuh...

2 hours ago, mtmmike said:

If you want a scouting report on mcdaniels go to the Denver board

I can already imagine, he's a weisel...., great....

• Like 1

1 hour ago, MSURacerDT55 said:

And you think we are complaining about running the ball now....tuh...

Idgaf if we run or throw tbh, just score points.

He does that pretty well.

1 hour ago, MSURacerDT55 said:

I can already imagine, he's a weisel...., great....

Belichick wasn’t thought of highly for a long time because of his personality, neither was Shanny.

I’m hiring a guy to coach these *******s up, not be a great interview for the media or kiss the arses of players who won’t buy in.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

Belichick wasn’t thought of highly for a long time because of his personality, neither was Shanny.

I’m hiring a guy to coach these *******s up, not be a great interview for the media or kiss the arses of players who won’t buy in.

McDaniels runs the ball when his team needs to. His offense changes week to week depending on match ups as opposed to Freddie who may as well just been using a madden playbook with a monkey picking the plays

Just now, hornbybrown said:

McDaniels runs the ball when his team needs to. His offense changes week to week depending on match ups as opposed to Freddie who may as well just been using a madden playbook with a monkey picking the plays

Yeah, he’s creative and adapts to changing situations.

People wanna hate on him because he’s come off as an arrogant prick, mostly years ago, and I get it, but it’s not actually a good reason not to hire someone though.

I’ll readily admit I’d like a Stefanski/Berry front office and see what the nerds can do, but McDaniels isn’t a bad option.

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

I just don't understand why at this point in the rebuild where everything is on the line... where if we miss we will reset the window... why would we risk it with a person where the conversation has to start with, "Assuming he's changed and matured..." OR "If he's learned from the last time..."

We're not talking about first time coach issues... we're not talking about the first time coach failures and ego issues that happen often... we're talking about an EPIC collapse where Verified reports of McDaniels not having a clue of how to treat others and work with them.

And I'm not talking about what my family said. I'm talking about other reports that to this point I've disregarded. 

You and others convinced me that there's no harm in just hitting a double or a single at this point when we've been striking out constantly. Why not be boring and avoid risk of total collapse.

Even if no believes what I'm saying or what my b.i.l says, isn't there enough to know that this is a risky hire. I mean we're talking about things that a guy did at 34 years old. Not in his teenage years.

After that he blew up and repeated issues in St Louis as OC then returned to New England to only then years later disregard the families of coaches he hired to the Colts and dip out on that job. We have no evidence or indicators of growth other than the belief that humans tend to grow and learn from there mistakes...

I just don't get it.. why we'd do this now.. with so much on the line.. after suffering so much through the years...

5 minutes ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

Yeah, he’s creative and adapts to changing situations.

People wanna hate on him because he’s come off as an arrogant prick, mostly years ago, and I get it, but it’s not actually a good reason not to hire someone though.

I’ll readily admit I’d like a Stefanski/Berry front office and see what the nerds can do, but McDaniels isn’t a bad option.

It's not about being an "arrogant prick"

What about the last decade makes you think now the job is about Xs and Os and not leadership....

Chalking things up to "he's like Shanahan and Belichick" undermines the difference in the nature of their immaturity issues.

McDaniels was on an entirely different scale. It's not just "he's gruff and has a hard time relating and sometimes can come off as a jerk"...  it was far deeper issues that speak to one's ability to lead a group of men and an organization...

... i don't get why people are returning to the "Man he has a nice offense and worked for Belichick" arguments... round and round we go...

Edited by Mind Character

1 minute ago, Mind Character said:

I just don't understand why at this point in the rebuild where everything is on the line... where if we miss we will reset the window... why would we risk it with a person where the conversation has to start with, "Assuming he's changed and matured..." OR "If he's learned from the last time..."

We're not talking about first time coach issues... we're not talking about the first time coach failures and ego issues that happen often... we're talking about an EPIC collapse where Verified reports of McDaniels not having a clue of how to treat others and work with them.

And I'm not talking about what my family said. I'm talking about other reports that to this point I've disregarded. 

You and others convinced me that there's no harm in just hitting a double or a single at this point when we've been striking out constantly. Why not be boring and avoid risk of total collapse.

Even if no believes what I'm saying or what my b.i.l says, isn't there enough to know that this is a risky hire. I mean we're talking about things that a guy did at 34 years old. Not in his teenage years.

After that he blew up and repeated issues in St Louis as OC then returned to New England to only then years later disregard the families of coaches he hired to the Colts and dip out on that job. We have no evidence or indicators of growth other than the belief that humans tend to grow and learn from there mistakes...

I just don't get it.. why we'd do this now.. with so much on the line.. after suffering so much through the years...

He’s arguably the most “eligible” candidate and has been for a few years.

Denver and Indy are top notch organizations and both wanted him.

He’s been actively recruited to stay in NE, by the GOAT coach who pretty much helps every other assistant get their gigs.  Everyone else can go, but he wants McDaniels to stay.  That’s no coincidental.

Belichick himself made questionable roster moves, was an arse to the media, etc, his first time as a HC here, but he went back, honed his craft and was better for it.

Maybe I’m enamored with the parallels between Parcels and Belichick and Belichick and McDaniels?

Maybe I want some sense of top town continuity for the first time under Haslam?

Maybe I want him to bring a childhood buddy with him back home and watch him be a part of something he and I spent our youths talking about?

Maybe I like the local guy angle too much?

Maybe I think people can change and learn, even after age 34?

IDK man, I’m not saying I’m right or anyone else is wrong, and I get why folks hate him, but I don’t think he’s some unqualified schmuck or destined to fail again.  I honesty think when he eventually takes his next gig, it will be a very measured decision (not Indy without Luck) and he’ll succeed.

Gut feeling I guess.

• Like 2